A Few Specific Balance Changes in 3.2.0

"
Ueblesding wrote:
This is a bit two sided...overall its great cause people can not exploit the game anymore.

/facepalm

People who reach absolute end-game and play the market to churn out a lot of in-game profit each league WILL ALWAYS find the shortest path to achieve the most. When they make this change, those same people will find the next shortest path. And history repeats itself.

You can call it exploiting if you like, but that's not an accurate description. They're using what is available in the game. Just like the ghost-busting "exploit" a while back, it's GGG's fault, not these players fault for finding and using it. For example, would you call the strategies to farming for Oni-Goroshi an "exploit"? Someone plays 3 characters, logs off before entering town, and repeats which each character making use of the short instance time-out for Twilight. It's finding the shortest path available.

And if that next shortest path seems unfair to others who don't utilize it, everyone seems to want to call it an "exploit". That's bullcrap. It's there, someone found, kudos to them. And this is coming from someone who never gets far enough and is never on the bleeding edge of PoE to notice or make use of such shortest path strategies until they're known by most.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Feb 28, 2018, 9:47:55 AM
"
Ueblesding wrote:

Only thing that i totally dont get is the Oni nurf. Had planned to farm it for next league at the start but with this RNG i have no motivation to do so and dont see much fun to come out of it.

The correct answer is:
I'am not sure if you are familair with the "Runescape graphics"-POE thing, basicly because streamers used stupid settings, people used stupid settings and reddit told everyone why it'S great to be stupid.
Something like this happend to the sword in the past and will happen when the league starts. People farming the sword, despite hating the farming. There is no better way to lose new players.

And here is how GGG sees it:
Imagine the serverload. Too expensive.

RIP zana. Peace. Ehh GGG :D Love u :P
Finally stopped this stupid sextant blocking thank you!
And thanks for the biscos nerf, it was stupid, and still is, so I would rather prefer removing it.
I think ppl that spam that the game is dying every patch but still play will stop playing because ur making the game into a farm simulator:d Lets hope we make the game harder maybe bots will take over the game :d if they aren't doing it already:D.
Well GG GGG good NERFS at least u buffed my necromancer skeleton mages:D at least that it's not like the dmg will make me spend less time doing maps cuz u removed biscos and so on:d
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
Ueblesding wrote:
This is a bit two sided...overall its great cause people can not exploit the game anymore.

/facepalm

People who reach absolute end-game and play the market to churn out a lot of in-game profit each league WILL ALWAYS find the shortest path to achieve the most. When they make this change, those same people will find the next shortest path. And history repeats itself.

You can call it exploiting if you like, but that's not an accurate description. They're using what is available in the game. Just like the ghost-busting "exploit" a while back, it's GGG's fault, not these players fault for finding and using it. For example, would you call the strategies to farming for Oni-Goroshi an "exploit"? Someone plays 3 characters, logs off before entering town, and repeats which each character making use of the short instance time-out for Twilight. It's finding the shortest path available.

And if that next shortest path seems unfair to others who don't utilize it, everyone seems to want to call it an "exploit". That's bullcrap. It's there, someone found, kudos to them. And this is coming from someone who never gets far enough and is never on the bleeding edge of PoE to notice or make use of such shortest path strategies until they're known by most.

Exploit: taking advantage of a mechanic in a way it was not forseen, much less intended, by the developers when they implemented it.

The guy who had the clever catch that you could benefit more from sextants with a multi-step aproach rather than by directly aplying these to the nearest map of interest outsmarted the devs, kudos do him, he showed the flaw in the sextants.

But its a commonplace on life: every so often, someone really finds the loop in the system. And what is the next step? You fix it: you make or rewrite laws, review protocols and stuff... Sure, sometimes the exploit help most players and it gets a pass, but that was not the case here. And when you have something that is not having a good impact, if you dont fix it and just turn your back on it, that is, to use your words... bullcrap...
"
ThoryX wrote:
HELP ME TO UNDERSTAND

I'm a casual player, with max 500hours in this game.
I recently start again playing since 3.0, and even if was thought starting with 0 chaos, i was able to bring my Slayer to lvl93 and find at least 3ex and items worth around 15ex.
All the sustain i had was with Sextants(Vault block).
When i was levelling i struggle to sustain MAPS DROP RATE for maps t11 - t12. I had a lots of time to go back to t10 and t9 to farm maps.

So now i'm asking to you guys, if now blocking/sextant are not viable anymore. How should i gain my currency or item or maps? there is no increase on monster density or drop rate, so, i guess, people shall start to farm like 100 to 500 maps a day? is not this worse?
it will all still available for all the rich guys that have possibility to farm for thousand of hours.

am I wrong? did i miss something??

thanks

p.s. before 3.0 i found in 300hours 0ex and 06-link

Poe is very much a game about how you spend your time. Most people dont mindlessly run 24/7, wich is why you can easily notice build creators always make very clear on the starting lines the budget the build will need to start doing work.

With that in mind, its easy to see why they judged sextant block was a bad thing, and why so many people wanted it to go. Just saying these are the scrubs that just dont know how to do it is dumb. Im quite sure the ones that are more bothered by it knows how to do it: you dont need to understand it, you can literally just download a flowchart and follow it.

The problem is that blocking maps, as you noted yourself, and even when not on vault, makes them extremely more profitable than any other form of play. The diff is night and day to the point where it even outclasses min-max crafting for profit-making in a spam of time. It reduces the game to two forms of play, because as it turns out, it just feels bad when you try to deviate from it because the profit loss is so damn obvious. Ultimetly you have 2 choices: go with the flow and keep running the same map over and over until boredon gets the better of you, or play "normally" and face the frustration that will inevitably follow after you get 1/5th of the profit that you could have if you sextant-blocked the atlas. And both options kinda suck...

As to how you make profits: crafting, understanding wich order of builds to gear and run in the season, apraising what you find, knowing wich base is best for what(like, what are the best chance whites, what are the good rings and amys to id or use as chaos fodder), and using your money wisely(dont just buy every piece of your gear and more importantly: dont just mindlessly do it copiyng the exact gear of the author)
"
feike wrote:
Ultimetly you have 2 choices: go with the flow and keep running the same map over and over until boredon gets the better of you, or play "normally" and face the frustration that will inevitably follow after you get 1/5th of the profit that you could have if you sextant-blocked the atlas. And both options kinda suck...

Funny.

I prefere the third option, playing SSF, being able to sustain a t12-t16 map pool and having fun. Guess i'am doing it wrong.
Last edited by DasName on Feb 28, 2018, 11:43:55 AM
I dont understand the Oni Goroshi nerf.

"Oni-Goroshi is a whole lot harder to find

We've both made it spawn a lot less often and also added a high degree of variance to it. It can spawn at lower levels than before, but it can swing up a lot higher than before. It's a very powerful item for levelling, so we both wanted to make it less common and also for its spawning to be less predictable (like other unique items)."

Does this mean that:

1.) It can spawn even at LVL 1? (with a lot of luck)

2.) but Its not guaranted 6 links?

3.) Can drop from amy mob in the game (not only Ueber Hillock)?

I dont understand...what exactly is the clue now with this sword?...can I still farm it like in 3.1.0 to get a 6 link Oni-Gorashi?....Bcs my plan was t make a build with it this league.
Last edited by CroDanZ on Feb 28, 2018, 11:53:46 AM
"
feike wrote:
But its a commonplace on life: every so often, someone really finds the loop in the system. And what is the next step? You fix it: you make or rewrite laws, review protocols and stuff... Sure, sometimes the exploit help most players and it gets a pass, but that was not the case here. And when you have something that is not having a good impact, if you dont fix it and just turn your back on it, that is, to use your words... bullcrap...

But there's the problem: why do players have to be mind-readers to interpret what GGG intended? I'm not really talking about the sextants, just in general. What's "making more currency than people should" really mean? Where's the line. Only one GGG states what their intentions were, or if something was not working as intended, and people continue to "abuse" it, would I agree with you 100% and say "yes, that's an exploit, and yes GGG should fix it for the next patch".
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info