A Few Specific Balance Changes in 3.2.0

I´m not sure about Oni-Goroshi - I don´t use it myself but people seemed to like it and the deal didn´t seem unfair to me.

Otherwise really great news, thank you!

"
CroDanZ wrote:
I dont understand the Oni Goroshi nerf.

"Oni-Goroshi is a whole lot harder to find

We've both made it spawn a lot less often and also added a high degree of variance to it. It can spawn at lower levels than before, but it can swing up a lot higher than before. It's a very powerful item for levelling, so we both wanted to make it less common and also for its spawning to be less predictable (like other unique items)."

Does this mean that:

1.) It can spawn even at LVL 1? (with a lot of luck)

2.) but Its not guaranted 6 links?

3.) Can drop from amy mob in the game (not only Ueber Hillock)?

I dont understand...what exactly is the clue now with this sword?...can I still farm it like in 3.1.0 to get a 6 link Oni-Gorashi?....Bcs my plan was t make a build with it this league.

It is the same 6-link sword and drops off uber Hillock. The changes mean that uber Hillock is more rare, he may spawn when you are less than 7, and he is tougher.
always nerfing the best stuff. thx for the bad work. being poor sucks
"
Sarevokcz wrote:
It's like the more casual people don't realize the impact of these changes at all...

No breach? all breach items sought after, like Xophs neck, will skyrocket in price and STAY that way all throughout the league, also divi cards will go up as breach was the single best divi card farming tool

Bisco? less currency on the market = higher prices

It's like people like you have no clue what so ever about economy... Less currency = higher prices? Really? That's the exact opposite: more currency = higher prices (which is caused inflation if you want to look it up).

And the announced nerfs will mainly reduce the straight currency generation for high end farmers, and not so much the items generation, while not changing the currency generation for "regular" players, which means that items prices will drop, while regular players will have the same currency, and thus more spending power. The only ones negatively affected by this were the people using these things to generate massively more hard currency than regular players: they will still be able to, but with a much lower disparity.
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
feike wrote:
But its a commonplace on life: every so often, someone really finds the loop in the system. And what is the next step? You fix it: you make or rewrite laws, review protocols and stuff... Sure, sometimes the exploit help most players and it gets a pass, but that was not the case here. And when you have something that is not having a good impact, if you dont fix it and just turn your back on it, that is, to use your words... bullcrap...

But there's the problem: why do players have to be mind-readers to interpret what GGG intended? I'm not really talking about the sextants, just in general. What's "making more currency than people should" really mean? Where's the line. Only one GGG states what their intentions were, or if something was not working as intended, and people continue to "abuse" it, would I agree with you 100% and say "yes, that's an exploit, and yes GGG should fix it for the next patch".

Well, in that particular case of sextants, it clearly crossed the line because it created a massive diff in the income between the people that choosed to go for it and those that did not while overly rewarding a very tedious style of play. It was very much like the ES nerf: Everyone knew it was bound to come sooner or later, the removal of the exploit was as predictable as the backslash that followed in this tread.

But we dont have to be mind readers, for one: none of us will be punished for using the exploit(yes, i also do it on ocasion) there will be no penalties for anyone and at worst we will revert to how it previously was before they existed and it is up to GGG to find another way to make the experience more rewarding and not as tedious, and that will the situation for everyone, wether you mapblocked or not. For another: its expected from the players to adapt: every game makes weird changes now and them(for example, the changes on this patch to oni-goroshi and bisco both feels pretty dumb to me...) but its ultimetly up to the players to keep ourseves flexible and find another ways to play and as you said: Its likely someone will figure another way to milk the "system" again.

In fact, that elder orb feels pretty exploitable to me - I would even venture a guess that GGG is perfectly okay with people finding exploits: Sextant-blocking WAS pretty interesting at first and its very possible GGG thinks that giving room to the players to figure those kind of clever stuff and just removing the most excessive ones but rotating a mild exploit each big patch is a way to help the game keep a fresh feel
One player noticed that changes on Oni-goroshi in intendent to treat players like they are in some kind of race. This is no race... and PoE is not race for me. Oni-goroshi was a choice. You didn't have to spend time for it. Balancing game giving control not to players but to RNG is bad idea. We could decide the way we wanted to go. Perhaps it is easier way. For me as casual player it was very exciting idea. I just farmed Oni few days before league has been finish to investigate few characters and I like it very much.

Game is not about way you play or fair rules (RNG is frustrating unfair thing for me). Game is always about something that creators can forget. Game is about emotions and feelings - about satisfaction.

Oni was giving satisfaction because way you had to farm it was boring and... it was something like easter egg thing. As a player it was my choice to go this "easiest boring" way or not. As casual and supporter I liked this idea very much. When we had those league races before last season I spend 3 hours trying to farm tabula rasa from exiles. I had 0 and I gave up after 3 hours. In 2 hours my friend found in the same location 3 of them. Somehow it was funny and I liked it. Expected drop is something that gives cool feeling - same thing was with Oni. There is a lot of players who will do not care about it.
Now there is no choice.
Last edited by vayha on Feb 28, 2018, 2:47:45 PM
"
DasName wrote:
"
feike wrote:
Ultimetly you have 2 choices: go with the flow and keep running the same map over and over until boredon gets the better of you, or play "normally" and face the frustration that will inevitably follow after you get 1/5th of the profit that you could have if you sextant-blocked the atlas. And both options kinda suck...

Funny.

I prefere the third option, playing SSF, being able to sustain a t12-t16 map pool and having fun. Guess i'am doing it wrong.

Guess its the second coice then... im envious you are immune to the frustration of having lower income(no sarcasm, i legit am: It triggers me when i risk my neck and screw on bosses like the one on terrace where one mistake can be rip-ish or bump on a particularly nasty combo on acid lakes that gets me oneshoted, or have to kill a high map eradicator, and i look at the reward for my efforts and is something so crappy compared to when i just cruised tro vault, it feels like i wasted my time, i wish i did not cared and could just be happy with what i got ¬¬)
Please show patch note! Please GGG!
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
*yawn*
TRUE FACT

Your success in POE is entirely dependent on the time you have to invest in the game.
Your success in POE is entirely dependent on the time you have to invest in the game.
Nice.
Interesting mechanics enthusiast.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info