A Few Specific Balance Changes in 3.2.0

The changes to Oni are the only things that suck to me. If your a player like me who has a long record of horrible RNG considering it took me about 20 hours of very efficient farming just to get my own Oni. Locking this item behind a bigger RNG gate is just a mistake. Im tired of feeling like I am playing lootbox the game brought to you by GGG. For example Me and my cousins have put close to the same amount of time into the abyss league I had higher item find then they both did but does that matter? No RNG chooses who gets the spoils. I got screwed over and over by RNG and they got blessed. Seriously though I mean the RNG difference is insane. I have sat and watched my cousin six link 3 armors with 5 orbs of fusing for all three. Thats insanity levels of RNG. Me several thousand fusing later no six link. He finally just started giving me his spare six links. So my point is this change for Oni that at least seemed to be a guaranteed drop took me 20 hours on four characters when the average was 4. How long will I have to farm to get me one possibly a month of play time and with my RNG it will be the lowest level one possible as is my luck.
Make it so that you need to complete the ENTIRE ATLAS (and keep it all completed!!!) for 5 max sextants.
I can't agree with those changes, u need to make at least 7-10 sextants up. Bisco now completly useless trash, ggg nerfing all fun in the game, can't wait release of Lost ark. I won't support this game anymore.
IGN: Rngrofl
Last edited by Rngrofl on Feb 27, 2018, 5:12:15 PM
Just my luck, I just recently learned about Twilight Strand Farming and Oni-Goroshi and have never found it...so I guess I won't be playing the new league because it won't matter whether I join the league if all I'm going to be doing is wandering the Twilight Strand at Level 7 trying to SSF this once in a lifetime sword.
"
KDBW_ger wrote:
Sooo, the Nerfhammer hit hard again.

Another example of GGG showing their incompetence in balancing the content properly, yaaay.

I don't care, I didn't expect anything else. It's just a game. Whatever.

But one thing crushes my will to play this.

Oni Goroshi

I farmed two OGs in Abyss league, and man ... it was a terrible experience, it was somehow the worst experience I have ever had in any game. NO FUN AT ALL!

When I read about the droprate nerf everything fell apart, OG was one of the last things that made me want to play PoE. When GGG announced the droprate nerf and the general nerf??? of OG ... wow, what the fuck? "Hey, you are theorycrafting a build for about two weeks now based on one item? Well, these are for you McNulty!"

But then I was thinking, get yourself together man, this is not the end of it, well, the game sucks now, the devs have gotten very very far from what I actually liked about PoE years ago and they progress in directions that make it an unbelievable clusterfuck for the generation LoL ... whatever

I'M JUST GONNA BUY THE FUCKING SWORD FROM A FUCKING BOTTER, YAAAY! Because this seems like the way GGG wants casual/regular players to get it?!

THANKS GGG, THANK YOU! Thank you for letting me know, that you hate me. [SARCASM]

To clarify, I ALWAYS play by the fucking rules, I never botted in ANY game. Guess I'm a fool huh?

*seufz*

I think it is now time to take my antidepressants.

GO BOTTERS! ... [SARCASM]

Much salt, just buy it instead of farming it.

"
"
Xeroding wrote:
I might have to agree, not only do we have to play pokemon go, lets nerf everything mf related, so people like me with the worst RnG ever, never find anything at all..... I may skip this league as well..

Oh... poor exile with "worst RnG ever". I have not seen such a poor poor guy for a long time. And that Headhunter on your raider... (appearently from last league) I assume you purchased it for 1 milion identify scrolls, as with such RNG it's impossible to find single chaos orb :)

Bwahahahaa! Dude is complaining and he's got a headhunter on his account. Thanks for making me smile with the BEST BURN EVER!!!
That, that is, is. That, that is not, is not. Is that it? It is.
You know what really pisses me off, how a simple change like how sextants work could have easily been implemented during the league, but it wasn't. Oh sure, you don't risk pissing off some your customers but by doing this you also make the league so much more boring for another group. Hell, you screwed over your own shaper/elder mechanic because you didn't want to change the sextant exploit.

I don't like it, 3 months wait for any meaningful change, if something is very wrong chances are it'll stay like this for the whole league. It didn't use to be like this......
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Feb 27, 2018, 5:39:23 PM
"
jack_aubrey wrote:
I can't shake the feeling that the Bisco nerf isn't because Biscos is that good of an item, but because a lot of people convinced themselves that it's that good of an item. So knowing that a chunk of players are pigeonholing themselves into one amulet it then gets nerfed again to get 'em out of that line of thinking. I could be wrong, though.

Also all these comments and hostile attitudes towards that amulet (like the comment above mine). Wtf?

It is very good in certain situations. To be fair to GGG, they have to balance Bisco's for normal gameplay and also for sextant blocked maps with Zana breach and everything else going on. The problem is they nerfed sextant blocking, removed Zana breach, AND nerfed Bisco's Collar, so it is getting hit from all angles this patch.

I think you are spot on about the nerf having as much (or more) to do about player perception as actual effects of the item. I don't think Bisco's would be seen as so incredibly mandatory by some when the things that make it very powerful are also removed or scaled back. When I agreed to the final item stats I was told those were balanced numbers. Now those same stats are considered unbalanced and needing a nerf, and I doubt GGG's balance team just forgot how to do math when Bisco's Collar was first introduced...

As for the hostile attitudes, I have also gotten it directly from players in game following the release of the nerf info. The hostility towards the mere existence of Bisco's Collar is the primary reason I held off of claiming credit as the creator for a very long time.
well, poe is about mapping and they are nerfing mapping.

Mapping in poe isnt that great to be honest, sometimes and very often i feel bored to run over and over the same few maps.

Now they removed sextants... mapping experience that isnt that great already it's going to be even more shit and boring.

I can't see any reason of this being something good in any way.
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Feb 27, 2018, 6:14:22 PM
More stuff I've never seen or heard of being abused by the majority of power gamers. Who cares?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info