A Few Specific Balance Changes in 3.2.0

So in 1 patch we have effectively nerfed both drop rates and monster density... with 0 compensation.

This will make currency (specifically exalts) harder to obtain and raise the price even higher. This will make leveling at 90+ even harder outside of Poorjoy rotas... which now seem mandatory. Don't even bother pushing for 95+ solo (without sextant blocking).

I sincerely hope the patch notes reveal changes to AT LEAST monster density. I understand that sextant blockers were in the minority of players, but I imagine bestiary league is going to feel empty with very few drops compared to prior leagues.
"
Again, I feel like the balance team goes about nerfs instead of addressing the real issues. The reason people used biscos in every build was because it made drops better. Because so many used it, the drop rates will feel mostly bad now. This will make farming not worth what it ever was. This turns me off.

Instead of addressing the issue of why so many used biscos (to boost drop rates) they just nerf it. Why not just boost global drop rates and remove all MF to compensate for it? Why should I start over again in a brand new league knowing the drop rates will never be as good as I'm used to? Is the only thing that's happening is a nerf to the drop rates with absolutely no compensation? The game can barely feel worth playing anyway when you have to farm 5-10 hours straight for a single exalted orb with full MF. Now the drop rates will be what 7-14 hours? You can work a full time job and make $70-200 in that time. Are you telling me a single exalted orb is worth that much of your time?

Again, nerfing sextants instead of fixing the issue that maps feel empty without them. It's not fun to have a feature everyone is so used to and loves and then just have it gone because the team never foresaw how powerful it would be. I'm 1500 hours in this game and have given hundreds of dollars to GGG. Yet again the patch notes seem to only make the game less fun and more unplayable to me. Might just lose me, we'll see.

I would much rather see the real issues addressed instead of just band-aid fixing them with nerfs. Boost overall drop rates and remove MF. Why even create MF and then punish people for using it? Also remove all the bad sextant mods and only keep those that add mobs. That way everyone wins. In my opinion, you shouldn't even have MF in the game as it pretty much forces you to go full MF to make more money. This makes the game less fun. However, I want the drop rates boosted or they simply don't feel as good. Don't just nerf things please. Fix the big issues and look at (why) these features are abused (Sextants,MF). Please don't make the game feel worse for us experienced people with no compensation. Otherwise we have no real reason to play another league.

First good post on 14 Pages...

How sextant nerf can be good ?
How bisco nerf can be good ?
you are gonna farm like a tard to get simple stuff...
How are you gonna sustain high pull of maps ?

I personnaly was amazed to New league.
But now... Not really.
Now the poor will make a lot of currency, because with no sextants and biscos being terrible, their bad builds, poor game knowledge and 5 minutes in hideout inbetween every map will become efficient somehow :)
Good changes GGG, dont listen to ANY negative feedback at all!
Last edited by fesru on Feb 26, 2018, 5:37:14 PM
Good, now rich players can't tell poor players that the terrible map drops we had in 3.1 aren't as bad as we make it out to be, because they can afford to exploit sextants.[/quote]

It is not my fault if you are not skilled enough in the game to understand how sextant block works. again, it rewards well-rounded mapping strategy, and a lot of people don't even know what mapping strategy is. I don't want to get worse drop because some new players don't know how to use their sextants.
MF Academy Discord Server: https://discord.gg/mfacademy
Farming Strategy Guide: https://tinyurl.com/2c5u7za8
Last edited by Morgoth92 on Feb 26, 2018, 5:58:02 PM
"
Delzeed wrote:
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"
While a handful of players are going to be disappointed that they can't make insane wealth anymore, everyone else will be on a much fairer playing field this league.

Good, now rich players can't tell poor players that the terrible map drops we had in 3.1 aren't as bad as we make it out to be, because they can afford to exploit sextants.

Yeah. Now we have to pay even more for the maps that we are forced to buy from trade! Or run white/yellow maps all league. Good times.

Or they can fix the terrible map drops and make it like they were in Harbinger league. Good times.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
I LOVE IT
so no point to farm zana anymore got you
no more sextanting because you cant block anymore got you
not worth to spend that time farming oni , got you
fuck bisco , got you
"
Delzeed wrote:
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
"
While a handful of players are going to be disappointed that they can't make insane wealth anymore, everyone else will be on a much fairer playing field this league.

Good, now rich players can't tell poor players that the terrible map drops we had in 3.1 aren't as bad as we make it out to be, because they can afford to exploit sextants.

Yeah. Now we have to pay even more for the maps that we are forced to buy from trade! Or run white/yellow maps all league. Good times.

It's about time those nasty players stop exploiting the mapping system. I never liked loot and monster density anyway.
"
Pizzarugi wrote:
Good, now rich players can't tell poor/solo players that the terrible map drops we had in 3.1 aren't as bad as we make it out to be, because they can afford to exploit sextants. Now they have to suffer like the rest of us.

To be honest if you're chiseling and alching your maps it's very easy to sustain a red pool.

The biggest issue is getting enough to buffer you through times where you just get a few shit returns on maps in a row, once you have enough red maps to get you through that then you will be able to have a pretty chunky red pool.
Hmm monster damage and damage mods re-balancing -> calling it now, gonna be path of one shots for a while at first :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info