[3.17] For Marauder - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam Build

"
khoatv1993 wrote:
Hello,
Im level 95 now,
Here is my build now:https://pastebin.com/yC9PyRRF
Can you take a look and give me some advices to improve my defense more?
I still feel so weak and die suddenly!
Thank you so much~

You have pretty good gears. You can even consider switching to EO / crit skill tree for more damage.

Your fully buffed Cyclone damage shows 3 million and you just need to switch from non-awakened gems to awakened gems and roll T1 life on your rares with low life roll.

For boots, you can remove and add life till you hit T1. It is okay even if you have the hybrid life removed. This is because it is easy to hit T1 hybrid life once you hit T1 flat life. With T1 flat life crafted, you just need to remove defence, and augment life till you hit T1 hybrid life (armor preferred).

You can replace your coral ring with a warlord influenced steel ring. Use Deafening essence of contempt to get T1+ flat physical. Fill up your prefix and augment 2 x fire on your ring to hit fire resist and flammability.

Do you have any idea what map mods you were running when you get 1 shot?

"
kira1414 wrote:
"
khoatv1993 wrote:
Hello,
Im level 95 now,
Here is my build now:https://pastebin.com/yC9PyRRF
Can you take a look and give me some advices to improve my defense more?
I still feel so weak and die suddenly!
Thank you so much~

You have pretty good gears. You can even consider switching to EO / crit skill tree for more damage.

Your fully buffed Cyclone damage shows 3 million and you just need to switch from non-awakened gems to awakened gems and roll T1 life on your rares with low life roll.

For boots, you can remove and add life till you hit T1. It is okay even if you have the hybrid life removed. This is because it is easy to hit T1 hybrid life once you hit T1 flat life. With T1 flat life crafted, you just need to remove defence, and augment life till you hit T1 hybrid life (armor preferred).

You can replace your coral ring with a warlord influenced steel ring. Use Deafening essence of contempt to get T1+ flat physical. Fill up your prefix and augment 2 x fire on your ring to hit fire resist and flammability.

Do you have any idea what map mods you were running when you get 1 shot?

Thank for you respond again.
The maps have many mods sometimes i'm so lazy to read what it is, i just find it has reflect elemental or not, maybe some mods make me die.
About rings, i used to use a steel ring as you recommend but i feel my life is so low so i change to these two ring, can i continue to use them also good or i must change?
I have just switched to EO skill tree as you advice, i hope it will make more damage as i want.
Thank you again.
"
khoatv1993 wrote:

Thank for you respond again.
The maps have many mods sometimes i'm so lazy to read what it is, i just find it has reflect elemental or not, maybe some mods make me die.
About rings, i used to use a steel ring as you recommend but i feel my life is so low so i change to these two ring, can i continue to use them also good or i must change?
I have just switched to EO skill tree as you advice, i hope it will make more damage as i want.
Thank you again.

Harvest makes it really easy to craft insane T1 rolls. It can take some time but you can definitely use a steel ring and still be able to cap your resist.

For EO skill tree, you will need 900+ accuracy on your gears. The more chance to hit you have, the more damage you will deal.

As for map mods, if it rolled double, or even triple damage mods, 1 shot will not be something out of expectation. Personally, I mostly avoid double damage mods when I am leveling my character.
I'm level 97 now.
Here my current build:https://pastebin.com/f3gQmsZm
I want to power up this gear more but i have no ideas what i should upgrade or replace (except for enchanting my helm with cyclone effect still in progress).
Can you take a look a give me some advices.
Thank you again.
"
khoatv1993 wrote:
I'm level 97 now.
I want to power up this gear more but i have no ideas what i should upgrade or replace (except for enchanting my helm with cyclone effect still in progress).
Thank you again.

Get a amulet similar to this:

Instead of physical reduction, 25% reduced mana reservation for Anger on that amulet will be better.

Instead of CWDT + Elemental Weakness, I would replace Damnation ring and get a Hunter Steel ring with curse with elemental weakness on hit.

In fact, you can consider switching to crit version of the skill tree and you can craft your chest into something like this:

For your axe, the quality conversion isn't worth it. 30% quality as physical % will give you more damage.
"
kira1414 wrote:
"
khoatv1993 wrote:
I'm level 97 now.
Thank you again.

Get a amulet similar to this:

Instead of physical reduction, 25% reduced mana reservation for Anger on that amulet will be better.

Instead of CWDT + Elemental Weakness, I would replace Damnation ring and get a Hunter Steel ring with curse with elemental weakness on hit.

In fact, you can consider switching to crit version of the skill tree and you can craft your chest into something like this:

For your axe, the quality conversion isn't worth it. 30% quality as physical % will give you more damage.

I'm following EO skill tree and i think the more accurate i have the more damage i can make, am i wrong? (This is why i craft influ the AXE like this).
I intended to change the amulet and the chest exactly as you recommend but i lack of resistances. That why i don't know what to change.
"
khoatv1993 wrote:

I'm following EO skill tree and i think the more accurate i have the more damage i can make, am i wrong? (This is why i craft influ the AXE like this).
I intended to change the amulet and the chest exactly as you recommend but i lack of resistances. That why i don't know what to change.

Accuracy will give you more damage but if your weapon base damage is lower, you will deal lower damage too.

Therefore, you will want your weapon base damage to be as high as possible and get accuracy from gears and skill tree. Your helm already have 500+ accuracy. You can get another 400+ on 1 of your ring, amulet or gloves and you will be fine.

Resist can be a pain to balance so that will be something you need to work on if you want to push your damage higher.

Your gloves have 2 stats (+2 melee strike range and impale) that are not useful for the build. Those 2 stats are better for strike + physical impale skills.

You can consider keeping that gloves for other builds and craft another for this build. Similarly, you will want Culling Strike + melee damage + T1 life on the gloves.
Hey man great guide. One question tho, why is the dps of tectonic slam so much higher than the consecrated path on PoB? Should consecrated path be better? (noobie here) Also is it really better to use rage and berserker over faster attacks support for consecrated path? Thanks again for the build!
Last edited by Ugandan_Bruce_Lee on Jul 27, 2020, 8:33:43 PM
"
Hey man great guide. One question tho, why is the dps of tectonic slam so much higher than the consecrated path on PoB? Should consecrated path be better? (noobie here) Also is it really better to use rage and berserker over faster attacks support for consecrated path? Thanks again for the build!

Multistrike on Tectonic is huge damage. Rage support gem gives you both flat physical and attack speed. With max stack + berserk, it will give you an insane damage burst.

Try out both combo and see which feels better for you. :)
"
kira1414 wrote:
"

Multistrike on Tectonic is huge damage. Rage support gem gives you both flat physical and attack speed. With max stack + berserk, it will give you an insane damage burst.

Try out both combo and see which feels better for you. :)

Im building an EO chieftein with consecrated path. Do you think that it would work if i switched the cons path gem setup for the tectonic slam? Would i need new gears and would i need to respec? Really trying to build the max damage char i could. Thanks again!
Last edited by Ugandan_Bruce_Lee on Jul 28, 2020, 11:08:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info