[3.17] For Marauder - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam Build

"
kira1414 wrote:
"
khoatv1993 wrote:
I'm level 97 now.
Here my current build:https://pastebin.com/f3gQmsZm
I want to power up this gear more but i have no ideas what i should upgrade or replace (except for enchanting my helm with cyclone effect still in progress).
Can you take a look a give me some advices.
Thank you again.

Get a amulet similar to this:

Instead of physical reduction, 25% reduced mana reservation for Anger on that amulet will be better.

Instead of CWDT + Elemental Weakness, I would replace Damnation ring and get a Hunter Steel ring with curse with elemental weakness on hit.

In fact, you can consider switching to crit version of the skill tree and you can craft your chest into something like this:

For your axe, the quality conversion isn't worth it. 30% quality as physical % will give you more damage.

I'm thinking about change Crit skill tree instead of EO, Do i need to keep my accurate over 900 or not?
I use CWDT and Curse Elemental weakness because i think all gem skills are good now and they dont need to add any gem skills more. I also have a higher level curse and save a option for the ring instead of curse elemental weakness skill.
Maybe i will change a Steel ring but without curse skill.
"

Im building an EO chieftein with consecrated path. Do you think that it would work if i switched the cons path gem setup for the tectonic slam? Would i need new gears and would i need to respec? Really trying to build the max damage char i could. Thanks again!

Skill tree and gears are the same for Consecrated Path and Tectonic Slam.

Swapping the gems will still work from Consecrated Path to Tectonic Slam but not the other way round. In particularly Multistrike (Consecrated Path does not support that).

"
khoatv1993 wrote:

I'm thinking about change Crit skill tree instead of EO, Do i need to keep my accurate over 900 or not?
I use CWDT and Curse Elemental weakness because i think all gem skills are good now and they dont need to add any gem skills more. I also have a higher level curse and save a option for the ring instead of curse elemental weakness skill.
Maybe i will change a Steel ring but without curse skill.

Yes. You will need to keep your accuracy. EO and Crit both rely on hitting the monsters in order to crit. With low accuracy, there will be less hits and thus, less crit.

Your CWDT is level 20 and that will not reliably proc Elemental Weakness. Curse on hit ring will however, always ensure the mobs have the curse applied to them. Thus uptime is more consistent.

And because of level 20 CWDT, your Wave of Conviction will not proc frequently too. A low level CWDT will therefore, provide more up-time for WoC, which translate to more damage.
hi i've been trying your build and i choose cyclone as my main skill, im level 86 right now and killing bosses is pain in ass, dps in numbers looks good but it takes me long time to kill boss, im think im lacking some burst

My pob: https://pastebin.com/VTZPTdrN
Last edited by EXcarnival on Jul 29, 2020, 8:27:05 AM
Ive changed to the tectonic build but im still lacking a lot of damage in comparison to the damage that your PoB shows. I really dont have the currency to buy a really good watcher's eye but i know that some gear isnt really that good. Do you have any tips for some stuff i could change?

My PoB link: https://pastebin.com/tcpwyWgM

Thanks!
Hello, I am new and I am following the EO build.
When you say 900 accuracy you mean the value "main hand accuracy rate" right? sorry for the ignorance and thanks.
I currently have 902.
Well, after some time invested and a lot of struggle I managed to take my gear into something more or less useful.

I still need that Crusader chest, and I'm trying to craft some Elder Boots.

I'm currently Slamming and having a great time. Should I aim to EO build, now? If so, what is the best way to do it?

It's worth to keep slamming or should I switch to Cyclone (it looks like it does more DPS as per POB)

I really appreciate all the comments and replies done in this post. It was really helpful.

Edit: How about using Pulverise, Conc. Effect. and/or Ruthless in the (RT) Tec. Slam setup? and maybe Inspiration for EO. Any thoughts about it? I saw in PoB that those could augment the dps.
Last edited by Lawfer12 on Jul 29, 2020, 8:49:41 PM
Hello, loving the build, thanks for sharing it. Had a question though.

Does exert have any effect on the Cyclone version, and if so, how? Looking through your guide for reference, I just wrote it off as the exert bonuses are for the CP/TS versions. But then i went to poe.ninja, looked up chieftain cyclone ngamahu's flame builds, and one build pops up that's using a chest and ring with exert bonuses. So now I'm wondering if i'm missing something.

Thanks to anyone who can provide insight on this.
"
EXcarnival wrote:
hi i've been trying your build and i choose cyclone as my main skill, im level 86 right now and killing bosses is pain in ass, dps in numbers looks good but it takes me long time to kill boss, im think im lacking some burst

My pob: https://pastebin.com/VTZPTdrN

A crusader exploding chest will be better than Loreweave.

Warlord spiked gloves with culling strike for gloves.

Get an amulet similar to this:

Your rings need life rolls. This can easily be fixed using harvest crafting. Apparently you have 2 curse on hit rings. You will also want to get +1 curse on your chest (hunter + crusader):

Replace Lion's Roar (only for end game boss) with Experimental granite flask of Warding.

Bubbling Divine life flask of Staunching is better as it provide more healing.

Your belt is really good. You can also consider replacing it with a hunter influenced belt similar to this:

Get a Glorious Vanity timeless jewel rolled with Ahuana (for overleech, replacing Soul Tether belt) and insert it near The Agnostic and pick up that node to convert it into Immortal Ambition.

"
Ive changed to the tectonic build but im still lacking a lot of damage in comparison to the damage that your PoB shows. I really dont have the currency to buy a really good watcher's eye but i know that some gear isnt really that good. Do you have any tips for some stuff i could change?

My PoB link: https://pastebin.com/tcpwyWgM

Thanks!

Your hit chance is < 90%. You will want to get accuracy (at least 900) on your gears (rings, amulet, gloves, rare helm).

Flasks:
1. Bubbling Divine life flask of Staunching
2. Experimental granite flask of Warding
3. Experimental quicksilver flask of Heat
4. Taste of Hate
5. Atziri's Promise

Get curse on hit ring with Flammability (see recommended rare):

P.S. Ignore the physical leech craft, I am still in the process of crafting the ring.

You will want life rolls on all your rare jewels.

For chest, belt and amulet, see the one I linked above.

For gloves, get Warlord influenced spiked gloves. Prioritize Culling Strike. Once you hit that, you can harvest craft melee physical + life + desired resist onto it.

For boots, you can harvest craft this:

For helm:

Get ilvl 85 Warlord helm if you intend to craft that. Instead of ailment avoidance, you will want -9 fire resist to nearby enemies.

"
Crazychain wrote:
Hello, I am new and I am following the EO build.
When you say 900 accuracy you mean the value "main hand accuracy rate" right? sorry for the ignorance and thanks.
I currently have 902.

900 accuracy from gears (e.g. rings, amulet, helmet, gloves). With that, you should be able to hit 90% chance to hit with EO.

"
Lawfer12 wrote:
Well, after some time invested and a lot of struggle I managed to take my gear into something more or less useful.

I still need that Crusader chest, and I'm trying to craft some Elder Boots.

I'm currently Slamming and having a great time. Should I aim to EO build, now? If so, what is the best way to do it?

It's worth to keep slamming or should I switch to Cyclone (it looks like it does more DPS as per POB)

I really appreciate all the comments and replies done in this post. It was really helpful.

Edit: How about using Pulverise, Conc. Effect. and/or Ruthless in the (RT) Tec. Slam setup? and maybe Inspiration for EO. Any thoughts about it? I saw in PoB that those could augment the dps.

Cyclone have better DPS overall.

For gears, check the items I linked in my reply above. Those are great for the build.

As for Pulverise (more AOE, less attack speed), Concentrated (less AOE, more damage) and Ruthless (more damage, mid range AOE), those gems will work with Tectonic Slam. Swap around and test them out to see which gives you better mapping experience. :)

"
Thunderbus wrote:
Hello, loving the build, thanks for sharing it. Had a question though.

Does exert have any effect on the Cyclone version, and if so, how? Looking through your guide for reference, I just wrote it off as the exert bonuses are for the CP/TS versions. But then i went to poe.ninja, looked up chieftain cyclone ngamahu's flame builds, and one build pops up that's using a chest and ring with exert bonuses. So now I'm wondering if i'm missing something.

Thanks to anyone who can provide insight on this.

Exert only works on slam skills so it does not work with Cyclone.
Hey Kira

Loving the build. Have steadily made my way through content, have killed A5 Sirus and am preparing to learn how to kill Elder and Shaper.

I would like to gain a few more levels also and wanted some advice on the best way to improve my survivability. I find that I still get one shot by bosses which is to be expected but I also have trouble against some other less powerful enemies such as syndicate members. Other than rerolling my max life rolls on my current gear, do you have any advice on becoming a bit tankier? I'd especially like to know how I can improve my physical damage reduction.

https://pastebin.com/DejVeAJ8

Thanks for everything you do for the POE community and I hope you're having an enjoyable league.
"
Offyogurt wrote:
Hey Kira

Loving the build. Have steadily made my way through content, have killed A5 Sirus and am preparing to learn how to kill Elder and Shaper.

I would like to gain a few more levels also and wanted some advice on the best way to improve my survivability. I find that I still get one shot by bosses which is to be expected but I also have trouble against some other less powerful enemies such as syndicate members. Other than rerolling my max life rolls on my current gear, do you have any advice on becoming a bit tankier? I'd especially like to know how I can improve my physical damage reduction.

https://pastebin.com/DejVeAJ8

Thanks for everything you do for the POE community and I hope you're having an enjoyable league.

Syndicate members are definitely not less powerful mobs. They are very deadly, especially when the map they spawned have crazy damage mods.

Till now, I still fear them when they show up. I would recommend dropping Lion's Roar for Experimental granite flask of Warding. Generally, Lion's Roar will cause you to lose DPS because of the knock back. You only really want to use that flask in end game bosses that can't be knocked back. Pop your flasks when you engage the syndicates and try to stay behind their back. I find staying near them and DPS-ing them down asap to be most effective.

You are using dual curse rings but your chest do not have +1 curse. You will definitely want that on your chest so that boss curses can be applied at the same time.

Since you are playing as Berserker, you can consider respec-ing War Bringer to Pain Reaver.

You will want to re-roll the life on your belt. A elder/hunter belt will be great for you.

Get a Glorious Vanity timeless jewel rolled with Ahuana (for overleech, replacing Soul Tether belt) and insert it near The Agnostic and pick up that node to convert it into Immortal Ambition.

For gloves, you will want to priortise Culling Strike. Once you hit that mod, you can easily craft melee physical, t1 life, and resistance onto the gloves.

On your jewels, get life rolled on them. You can easily craft end game jewels with Harvest crafting.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info