[3.17] For Marauder - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam Build

"
kira1414 wrote:

"
Wertron wrote:
I Need some advise regarding gear. Playing as Zerker Cyclone.
My clearing speed is nice and fast and I've done T13-15 without much trouble, except when I gotta fight the bosses. I feel like the damage is rather poor, even though I trigger full rage berserk and pop Lion's Roar. Long fights is kinda a garanteed death or two :(

Is it because I've reached wall with Resolute Tech. or is it a gear problem?
would it be better to use a random 6 linked armor, instead of my 5 linked explode armor?

Would a Bear's Girdle be a good / worthy upgrade, at the cost of loosing Life?
Since Bear's Girdle gives +20 Max Rage and some nice damage and Crush effect.

My stats are:

Life: 5691
Fire Res: 172
Cold Res: 103
Light Res: 79
Auras: Flammability, Herald of Ash, Anger and Blood & Sand
Hideout Cyclone Dmg with Aura: 96.961

Is the last two unique flask the next step (Wise and Taste)?

My Gear

Gear is the main issue. You are on a 5L. Getting that 6L will instantly give you 40% more damage.

Your rings. Use rare steel rings. You can craft -3 mana cost to channeling skills on them.

Use rare elder amulet (see recommended section). You can also use rare Warlord influenced amulet (+1 physical gem, extra fire).

Stygian belt will be able to provide you more damage and life.

Use Warlord influenced gloves with culling strike (+ melee physical and projectile damage will be bonus).

Always prioritise life rolls on your rare slots (including jewels).

Flasks:
1. Bubbling Divine flask of Staunching
2. Wise Oak / Taste of Hate
3. Experimental quicksilver flask of heat
4. Experimental granite flask of warding (replace with Lion's Roar for end game bosses)
5. Atizri's Promise

Regaring body armor:
So it is better to have a 6L life and res armor, instead of a 5L explode armor?

Regarding Rings:
I was under the impression that Pyre was good for the build, or it that just for leveling / safety against Porcupine spikes?

Regarding Amulet:
Impresence is also in the recommended gear section. Is it just a placeholder, until we can get a nasty Elder / Warlord amulet?

Regarding Belt:
I was aware of my current belt is trash, but was prioritizing on getting currency gathered for the next investment and only focusing on res and life being balanced on the belt :)

Think I'll get Wise Oak and Taste a go ASAP and get the flask swapping inplace :)
Hello,
Thank for your build,
I swapped from Tectonic from Flame Cyclone yesterday,
I feel my damage is better, but i have problems with the defense and life leech,
Here my build: https://pastebin.com/7zH2apWV
Can you take a look and tell me what me doing wrong or can change something to improve the build stronger.
Right now i die so much time and struck in 91 level a long time.
Thank for you help.
how do you guys go for stun immunity? it was one of the most things killing me, now im using eye of chayula its getting better but there are way better options for amulet?! (SSF btw)
You have Perpetual granite flask of warding in the guide and now you are recommending experimental flask of warding? Did I waste my orbs? Can you please update the guide more?
Well, Kira.
I never thanked you about these builds.

So far, I played Tec. Slam Chieftain and I'm having a very good time solo playing this build(having a few issues with some encounters and playing in party but that's how PoE works).

However I think I could use a hand. Despite being aware that I need to change some gems for awakened versions, getting Taste of Hate and a Watcher's Eye, leveling a little bit and finnishing crafting my rings. (since I didn't found rings with curses and good stats), I have some doubts, for ex: did I REALLY need an unique helmet or can I still use a good rare one?

It's a good option to aim for more armour since there is no defence focus on the build?

I would really appreciate a peek on my character if possible.

Once again. Thank you very much. This is really my kind of build <3
Last edited by Lawfer12 on Jul 7, 2020, 2:19:42 PM
"
Wertron wrote:

Regaring body armor:

Regarding Rings:
I was under the impression that Pyre was good for the build, or it that just for leveling / safety against Porcupine spikes?

Regarding Amulet:
Impresence is also in the recommended gear section. Is it just a placeholder, until we can get a nasty Elder / Warlord amulet?

Regarding Belt:
I was aware of my current belt is trash, but was prioritizing on getting currency gathered for the next investment and only focusing on res and life being balanced on the belt :)

Think I'll get Wise Oak and Taste a go ASAP and get the flask swapping inplace :)

Not 6L life and resist. Not 6L explode chest. You want 6L exploding chest. :D

With exploding chest, you don't need Pyre.

Impressence is a placeholder till you get curse on hit ring and elder amulet.

Belt wise, Soul Tether will provide lots of leeching.

"
khoatv1993 wrote:
Hello,
Thank for your build,
I feel my damage is better, but i have problems with the defense and life leech,
Can you take a look and tell me what me doing wrong or can change something to improve the build stronger.
Thank for you help.

Get crusader exploding chest with +1 curse. This will enable you to fully utilize the curse on your gloves.

Use Bubbling divine life flask of staunching.

Use Experimental granite flask of warding (keep Lion's Roar for end game boss).

Replace diamond flask with Experimental quicksilver of heat.

Get 20/20 on your gems. Upgrade to awakened version for gems that awaken variant.

Rare elder amulet. Or warlord amulet with +1 physical and extra fire.

Your profile shows that you are using EO skill tree but your chance to hit is only 76%. You should go for RT instead. To go EO, you need at least 900 accuracy on your gears. Otherwise, RT will give you more damage.

"
Soundofshadow wrote:
how do you guys go for stun immunity? it was one of the most things killing me, now im using eye of chayula its getting better but there are way better options for amulet?! (SSF btw)

With high life pool, stun will not be much of an issue. You can however pick up Unwavering Stance from the skill tree. Or use Kaom's Root.

"
161Sherlock wrote:
You have Perpetual granite flask of warding in the guide and now you are recommending experimental flask of warding? Did I waste my orbs? Can you please update the guide more?

Increased duration is better. Will update the guide.

"
Lawfer12 wrote:
Well, Kira.

So far, I played Tec. Slam Chieftain and I'm having a very good time solo playing this build(having a few issues with some encounters and playing in party but that's how PoE works).

However I think I could use a hand. Despite being aware that I need to change some gems for awakened versions, getting Taste of Hate and a Watcher's Eye, leveling a little bit and finnishing crafting my rings. (since I didn't found rings with curses and good stats), I have some doubts, for ex: did I REALLY need an unique helmet or can I still use a good rare one?

It's a good option to aim for more armour since there is no defence focus on the build?

You can definitely use a warlord influenced helm.

Gear wise, you will want:

1. 6L crusader exploding chest.
2. Warlord gloves with culling strike + melee physical + projectile (very easy to craft in harvest league)
3. curse on hit ring with flammability
4. Soul Tether belt
5. Elder amulet (see recommended rares) or warlord amulet
6. Flasks, see my reply in this post.
"

2. Warlord gloves with culling strike + melee physical + projectile (very easy to craft in harvest league)
4. Soul Tether belt

1) Infernal Cry doesn't do the work of exploding things? (Less often)
4) Would check my resist, then. Maybe getting this belt and start changing pure armour with mix with ES?
5) I guess I will drop Impresence if getting a curse ring, but watcher's eye still an option?
Do you think I'd need to improve anything on my items? I wanted to use Blasphemy + Flammability plus Anger, Herald of Ash and Blood and Sand. And I stopped using Stellskin. Do you think it's worth it?

Chieftain Cyclone

Sorry my bad english.
Last edited by GuilhermeD3 on Jul 7, 2020, 7:02:10 PM
"
kira1414 wrote:
"
Wertron wrote:

Regaring body armor:

Regarding Rings:

Regarding Amulet:

Regarding Belt:

Not 6L life and resist. Not 6L explode chest. You want 6L exploding chest. :D

With exploding chest, you don't need Pyre.

Impressence is a placeholder till you get curse on hit ring and elder amulet.

Belt wise, Soul Tether will provide lots of leeching.

"
khoatv1993 wrote:
Hello,
Thank for your build,
Thank for you help.

Get crusader exploding chest with +1 curse. This will enable you to fully utilize the curse on your gloves.

Use Bubbling divine life flask of staunching.

Use Experimental granite flask of warding (keep Lion's Roar for end game boss).

Replace diamond flask with Experimental quicksilver of heat.

Get 20/20 on your gems. Upgrade to awakened version for gems that awaken variant.

Rare elder amulet. Or warlord amulet with +1 physical and extra fire.

Your profile shows that you are using EO skill tree but your chance to hit is only 76%. You should go for RT instead. To go EO, you need at least 900 accuracy on your gears. Otherwise, RT will give you more damage.

About the chest, i cannt find any chest as you mean (with explode physic and + curse), i only can find one of them when i filter. Can i use a chest with one of them option? and if i can which is better chest?
About the tree, i'm sure i'm following the RT Chieftain (no cluster Jewel).
I have many sudden death when mapping or face the boss because i feel my defense is lack of something.
I'm very happy if i get some advice from you. First league.
TYVM!

"
Soundofshadow wrote:

With high life pool, stun will not be much of an issue. You can however pick up Unwavering Stance from the skill tree. Or use Kaom's Root.

"
161Sherlock wrote:

Increased duration is better. Will update the guide.

"
Lawfer12 wrote:
Well, Kira.

4. Soul Tether belt
Hi, im thinking about playing this build, but i dont know which tree i should choose, chieftain and juggernaut sem to be very close to each other in pob. Which one you suggest to start with? I would like to start with tankiest one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info