[3.17] For Marauder - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam Build

"
zckwood wrote:
any way you could update the POB with a cluster jewel set up? or at least mention what nodes to drop in order to utilize the cluster jewels. playing in trade league btw

Updated the POB by including a level 90 RT skill tree for medium cluster jewel. It uses medium ring Thread of Hope too.
awesome! also i have a question
which chest plate should i go with
astral plate
+1 level to socketed active gems
socketed attacks have -15 to total mana cost
res for cold and lightning (not worried bout res)
enemies explode
82 life
OR

astral plate
increase armor 92%
additional curse
enemies explode
res
some trash suffix

trying to decide between which plates will work best. TY in advance
"
zckwood wrote:
awesome! also i have a question
which chest plate should i go with
astral plate
enemies explode
82 life
OR

astral plate
increase armor 92%
additional curse
enemies explode
res
some trash suffix

trying to decide between which plates will work best. TY in advance

Definitely this:

astral plate
enemies explode
82 life
so having double curse not as valuable as the chest correct? i have some nutty curse rings.
ring 1
gain 11% as extra fire
vulnerability on hit lvl 8
55 life

ring 2
77 life
gain 10% as extra fire
warlords mark on hit lvl 12
channeling skills have -3 mana cost
sorry not vulnerability its flammability
"
zckwood wrote:
so having double curse not as valuable as the chest correct? i have some nutty curse rings.
ring 1
gain 11% as extra fire
vulnerability on hit lvl 8
55 life

ring 2
77 life
gain 10% as extra fire
warlords mark on hit lvl 12
channeling skills have -3 mana cost

You can anoint Whispers of Doom for +1 curse so yeah, the -15 mana chest is definitely better.

And you will be totally fine with just flammability curse.
Last edited by kira1414 on Jun 3, 2020, 1:57:30 AM
awesome thanks for such an awesome guide as well as answering my questions! one last one, for the corruption on the axe, does the corruption socketed gems are supported by fortify proc with molten burst?
"
zckwood wrote:
awesome thanks for such an awesome guide as well as answering my questions! one last one, for the corruption on the axe, does the corruption socketed gems are supported by fortify proc with molten burst?

Socketed gems supported by fortify doesn't work on proc-ed skill.

Best corruption will be:
- attack speed
- physical damage
- weapon range
This class and the use of the Ngamahu's Flame should be the standard 'here's where a new player should start' to really get them to play PoE.

I got help 6 socketing the axe (because it would just do 5 sockets about 250 times before I ran out of materials and patience; I really did try), because the 6 sockets are absolutely essential. And then I got the Impresence and the ring that doubles the ignite ailment to any enemy.

The damage it does is probably the highest damage you can achieve without really making any effort.

Once it's all in place, you can barely tell the difference in difficulty between T5 maps and T10 map.
Yellow special mobs I noticed gave a lot of difficulty to a fully amped Heirophant Arc Archmage+Unleash, but it's nothing compared to what this build does to them. They just disappear in a fountain of fiery molten balls at 7.46 aps and I can't even see my health move when I get hit.

Since the Vulkan Beta, this build is completely different when I first started at l55 and you sort of couldn't really see the effect of the axe.
Vulkan beta just seems to make everything more visible and you can more easily see the animation.
It's beautiful to watch.

I'm not a strong player in this game; very casual.
Before Vulkan, this game was a hellish nightmare playing in maps and you had things firing off in all directions, so I sort of abandoned it.
Greetings i wonna play ur guide as league starter on 3.11 i find the changes to Tectonic slam really nice and i love chieftain. What think u about the change that the AOE increase are now constant if u have much endurance charges and that now every third hit is a brutal hit from Tectonic Slam. What cluster jewels would u recommend for tectonic Slam and what passiv i could drop for it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info