[3.17] For Marauder - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam Build

"
HelloGod wrote:
Any help would be appreciated.

I am currently farming Jun for -3 channeling, at -2. T16 is easy, elder, shaper and a5 sirus are done, with difficulty. A8 sirus and Uber elder seem impossible. Currently saving for double anger watchers: penetrate/ extra. But it’s 50 ex. I have about 15

right https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/HelloGod/characters

HelloDoesAHit is the character.

Replace Culling Strike on your helm with level 5 Precision.

Replace Elemental attack on your helm with Berserk.

Replace Berserk on your Gloves with Enlighten.

Replace Faster attack on your helm with Leap Slam / Flame Dash.

Uber Elder is the toughest boss in the game and you can do him at Awakening level 0 since the loot drop isn't affected by the level.

You are using Soul Tether, dropping Vaal Pact is better for survivability.

Get Awakened Element Damage for your 6L.

Now that your gems are at 20/20, consider getting them to 21/20.

You can craft -2 mana on your rings and amulet. It will still add QOL to the build.

You can bind Steelskin to your left mouse click. Disable "Always Attack Without Moving". This way when you are moving around with left mouse, it will auto-cast Steelskin for you.

You can also auto-cast Steelskin while you are Cycloning. To do that, just hold down Left Mouse and then hold down Cyclone (in sequence) and don't let go both buttons.
Last edited by kira1414 on May 10, 2020, 2:16:23 AM
hey! just a follow up to the build, im already lvl 81 and i cant seem to get past tier 5 maps. i have nghamahus' with 6 slot, devoto's, and loreweave and my resistances are capped to 77% i focused on getting endurance charges. is there something im doing wrong or are there better chest items rather than loreweave?
I may be blind but I was curious as to why you have passives spent on war bringer, warcry duration/cooldown speed and battle cry. I see no warcry gems being used. Sorry im a little new.
Last edited by seniorfire on May 13, 2020, 5:52:39 PM
"
WanggoDaddy wrote:
hey! just a follow up to the build, im already lvl 81 and i cant seem to get past tier 5 maps. i have nghamahus' with 6 slot, devoto's, and loreweave and my resistances are capped to 77% i focused on getting endurance charges. is there something im doing wrong or are there better chest items rather than loreweave?

Your character profile is hidden.

"
seniorfire wrote:
I may be blind but I was curious as to why you have passives spent on war bringer, warcry duration/cooldown speed and battle cry. I see no warcry gems being used. Sorry im a little new.

That is only if you chose Berserker as the ascendancy. And you will use Enduring cry (Rallying cry for more damage) for more survivability.

With the new cluster jewels, you can use a medirum cluster warcry jewel rolled with Mob Mentality + Cry Wolf.
hey sorry for that my profile is already public
"
WanggoDaddy wrote:
hey sorry for that my profile is already public

Drop Wildfire. It doesn't work for Molten Burst.

Instead of Consecrated Path, run Cyclone instead. It has better single target and offers more survivability.

Drop Red Dream and use a medium ring Thread of Hope near Golem's Blood (see Thread section for possible pathing).

Replace Mokou with a rare ring with high life and resist.

Replace belt with Soul Tether and get a warlord gloves with Culling Strike.

You want life rolls on all rare jewels.

Replace Assasin's Haste with a rare jewel instead.

Use a rare elder amulet (see recommended gears).

Get a Warlord ring with curse Flammability on hit (see recommended rares).

Your chance to hit is low (83%). You want 900 accuracy on your gears (rings, gloves, amulet).

You are level 92 and have 189 life % nodes but the life rolls on your gears are overall low. Upgrading those gears will easily get your life pool over 5.3k. You will want 6000 life at level 90.

Drop the 2 skill nodes pathing to Divine Judgement. Put 1 of them into Elemental Overload instead.

Drop the skill nodes pathing to Diamond skin. You can cap your resistance by upgrading your rare slots.

You will want a crusader exploding chest (see recommended rares) for your end game chest (ignore the gems):

What are your thoughts on using Bladestorm to proc molten burst? It is hard to get good attack speed, but on paper you do get better effectiveness of molten burst.

Lets say you have three storms active, these storms 'proc' on the same interval. As such at every interval, you hit three times instead of just once. This means you'll have roughly 50% chance to trigger molten burst per interval (1 - 0.8^3).

This is just on paper. In practice I'm not sure how well it will play out. It'll probably be good as a three link (bladestorm + multistrike + faster attacks) and still have cyclone be the main skill.
"
Altuz wrote:
What are your thoughts on using Bladestorm to proc molten burst? It is hard to get good attack speed, but on paper you do get better effectiveness of molten burst.

Lets say you have three storms active, these storms 'proc' on the same interval. As such at every interval, you hit three times instead of just once. This means you'll have roughly 50% chance to trigger molten burst per interval (1 - 0.8^3).

This is just on paper. In practice I'm not sure how well it will play out. It'll probably be good as a three link (bladestorm + multistrike + faster attacks) and still have cyclone be the main skill.

In 3.9, I was using Bladestorm instead of Cyclone but eventually switched back to Cyclone cos it just feels smoother.

I would say damage is pretty good on BS and you can definitely give it a shot.

Note: The lingering storms can continuously proc Molten Burst if a mob enters it.
Im currently looking at builds to try SSF for next league. Curious if watcher's eye is a key damage boost for end game bosses, as watcher's eye is a shot in the dark to get really. I have yet to see one drop even after 4-5 uber kills since the new atlas. May have done more, i don't always keep track :).

I'd probably go for Consecrated Path, or Tectonic Slam.
Last edited by agm_ultimatex on May 16, 2020, 5:24:14 PM
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
Im currently looking at builds to try SSF for next league. Curious if watcher's eye is a key damage boost for end game bosses, as watcher's eye is a shot in the dark to get really. I have yet to see one drop even after 4-5 uber kills since the new atlas. May have done more, i don't always keep track :).

I'd probably go for Consecrated Path, or Tectonic Slam.

Watcher's Eye is not a key damage boost but a bonus instead.

The toughest item to find will be Ngamahu's Flame cos though I always find 1 in a new league, the time it drop varies from 1st week to 11th week of the league.

Thus as a league starter in SSF, it can be a pain if you are aiming for that axe.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info