Thoughts on the Champion Rework

lol at all people saying that Worthy foe passive gives you resolute technique or makes you have 100% chance to hit.

It says "AGAINST TAUNTED ENEMIES". Which means, you have to hit them first with your regular accuracy - so you can't just go full potato on building no accuracy on your character.

And let's not forget that the game standard is to one shot trash mobs these days, so in that case it does nothing also.

Sure it's a nice passive and quality of life, but that's all that is.
"
lol at all people saying that Worthy foe passive gives you resolute technique or makes you have 100% chance to hit.

It says "AGAINST TAUNTED ENEMIES". Which means, you have to hit them first with your regular accuracy - so you can't just go full potato on building no accuracy on your character.

And let's not forget that the game standard is to one shot trash mobs these days, so in that case it does nothing also.

But won't Decoy Totem "taunt" enemies and synergise with the node allowing for that "full potato" level of accuracy investment?

I would think that interaction would work, and would be even considered "smart".

"Trade off", right? /s

PS: Warcries would taunt enemies just as efficient...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Feb 25, 2018, 12:05:13 AM
"

Well, luckily Enduring Cry exists :)

So every relevant/dangerous enemy will have you use enduring cry and for thrash mobs it's irrelevant. And that is only necessary if you would go "full potato", if you aim for something between 80-90% you will have everything taunted rather quick. And on top of that if you use e.g. Sunder, as long as your main attack hits, all explosions also hit, therefore would trigger the taunt also even if the main attack would miss that target.
The Bestiary league proved once and for all, that GGG only listens to crying instead of well thought out criticism.
It's a fine addition, don't get me wrong - first of all enduring cry has a whooping 4 second cooldown, and sure decoy totem will taunt them (by the way, it has a giant cooldown itself), but even if it didn't, do you want to cast a decoy totem every time you wanna HIT the enemy?

It's a little extra power, I just hate that people don't use their heads and listen to Mathil when he says you "don't need accuracy".

Biggest upside of this node is when you go to fight guardians, which will take some time, you'll be golden after the first hit - you'll taunt them once, and then continue hitting them for 5 minutes with RT.

But even then, you'll probably have 85-95 chance to hit, so this node will give you 15-5 more chance to hit.

Which is fine I guess.

But comparing that to new hierophant, and taking into account that guardians are immune to taunt (which makes all of these upsides into downsides), Champion is going to be shit ascendacy. Again.
Last edited by Tank_The_Shredder_Evans on Feb 25, 2018, 3:41:35 AM
"
ssemi wrote:
I mean, I know you can do it, but why do we have to go through all the effort just to make it work?

Because skill and strategy is fun. Risk/reward balancing is engaging. And potential noob traps are essential in a game like this one. GGG done real gud with the changes. Why you want them to just pass out free buffs that don't require any ingenuity or innovation on the part of the player base?

Stahpet!
"
It's a fine addition, don't get me wrong - first of all enduring cry has a whooping 4 second cooldown, and sure decoy totem will taunt them (by the way, it has a giant cooldown itself), but even if it didn't, do you want to cast a decoy totem every time you wanna HIT the enemy?

It's a little extra power, I just hate that people don't use their heads and listen to Mathil when he says you "don't need accuracy".

You don't need to taunt against trash from the beginning, its called trash for a reason. And for every hard fight you will have enduring cry to guarantee hits..
70-80%hit is super easy to achieve, just from dex, baseaccuracy and the %acc that is tagged on multiple nodes. And that is enough for trashmobs. If you use Sunder or Wildstrike+Ancestracall or anything Splash+Ancestral call, if one target is successfully hit, all the secondary effects will hit and trigger the taunt.

"

Biggest upside of this node is when you go to fight guardians, which will take some time, you'll be golden after the first hit - you'll taunt them once, and then continue hitting them for 5 minutes with RT.

But even then, you'll probably have 85-95 chance to hit, so this node will give you 15-5 more chance to hit.

Which is fine I guess.

But comparing that to new hierophant, and taking into account that guardians are immune to taunt (which makes all of these upsides into downsides), Champion is going to be shit ascendacy. Again.

And Bex(iirc, was someone from GGG on reddit) said, that they are thinking about changing how taunt works (most likely in how it interacts with immune bosses). In other words, you should assess champions powerlevel with his effects working against Guardians.
The Bestiary league proved once and for all, that GGG only listens to crying instead of well thought out criticism.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"

If you've got something that gives a bonus while on low life then you'll want to be in low life normally which means using a blood magic regular cast skill like a warcry wouldn't let you stay below the threshold. It'd have to be a reservation and Clarity one of the easier options to work with since it can be fine-tuned.

But I'll admit that just using a 35% reservation with Blood Magic on a normal character will work much better since nearly all champions will be life-based.

but theres no other advantage to being low life, its an attack buff, youre not gonna have pain attenument, too far to travel and does nothing for you. Youd just want a quick way to proc this without fuss I feel.

There are several items that give bonuses on low life. Lori's Lantern comes to mind. They're niche but they can be built around. Almost always better by other builds, but the new Champion does still allow for such versatility if desired.
Last edited by Jackalope_Gaming on Feb 25, 2018, 12:35:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info