Thoughts on the Champion Rework

i was not wowed by anything this class had to offer before, and it still is not an interesting class to play after the changes.

I would like them to revamp their revamp and make it more rewarding to play against end game content and group play.

IT still is the worse of the three available options.
Hey now, at least new Champ makes Juggernaut obsolete and completely useless since it's basically a buffed Juggernaut in every way + perm fortify... 1 less garbage class to consider, easier decision.
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
Just a little bit of information for all those naysayers.

Champion has at least 36% more damage for attack based non RT builds.
And that is assuming you dont make use of any of increased dmg effects you get from the class and are already at 95% accuracy. (intimidation 10%+ taunted 20% + 100% hit rate)

And the only thing that would fuck him over, mobs beeing immune to taunt, was already announced to be looked at.

If you include all the flatstats you obtain from the class it becomes an insane leaguestarter (1k ar and ev with IR will make you close to immortal for most of the early stages of the game) on top of it. This is actually the first time since the implementation of ascendency classes that i'm considering playing as a champion instead of gladiator, depending on what changes we will see for gladiators(hoping for some cool bleed stuff here).

So wait until you see all ascendecy classes. Because all the changed ones look rather good and give the impression that GGG aims to reach a parity between ascendency classes. (Would have preferred the nerf approach fo this, but the current way is also fine as longe as the game will be balanced around the resulting power level)
The Bestiary league proved once and for all, that GGG only listens to crying instead of well thought out criticism.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
The main way I can see Adrenaline being consistently used without Coruscating Elixir is by going almost Low Life and then using Blood Magic Clarity to get you into Low Life range. Flip it off and on every 20 seconds and you're good to go plus it doesn't rely on flask charges.

if youre a low life style es setup thats hovering just above the limit you dont even need it to be an aura, you can just attach a warcry or something to blood magic gem, maybe give it another support or 2 to cost a bit more mana. Enduring cry would spend the life, trigger the buff and then regen the life right?

If you've got something that gives a bonus while on low life then you'll want to be in low life normally which means using a blood magic regular cast skill like a warcry wouldn't let you stay below the threshold. It'd have to be a reservation and Clarity one of the easier options to work with since it can be fine-tuned.

But I'll admit that just using a 35% reservation with Blood Magic on a normal character will work much better since nearly all champions will be life-based.
"

If you've got something that gives a bonus while on low life then you'll want to be in low life normally which means using a blood magic regular cast skill like a warcry wouldn't let you stay below the threshold. It'd have to be a reservation and Clarity one of the easier options to work with since it can be fine-tuned.

But I'll admit that just using a 35% reservation with Blood Magic on a normal character will work much better since nearly all champions will be life-based.

but theres no other advantage to being low life, its an attack buff, youre not gonna have pain attenument, too far to travel and does nothing for you. Youd just want a quick way to proc this without fuss I feel.
"
Temeritas wrote:
Just a little bit of information for all those naysayers.

Champion has at least 36% more damage for attack based non RT builds.
And that is assuming you dont make use of any of increased dmg effects you get from the class and are already at 95% accuracy. (intimidation 10%+ taunted 20% + 100% hit rate)

And the only thing that would fuck him over, mobs beeing immune to taunt, was already announced to be looked at.

If you include all the flatstats you obtain from the class it becomes an insane leaguestarter (1k ar and ev with IR will make you close to immortal for most of the early stages of the game) on top of it. This is actually the first time since the implementation of ascendency classes that i'm considering playing as a champion instead of gladiator, depending on what changes we will see for gladiators(hoping for some cool bleed stuff here).

So wait until you see all ascendecy classes. Because all the changed ones look rather good and give the impression that GGG aims to reach a parity between ascendency classes. (Would have preferred the nerf approach fo this, but the current way is also fine as longe as the game will be balanced around the resulting power level)

It's actualy more than 35% more, EVEN if it is compared to 95% hit chance buids, because when you are about to crit there is a second roll of your chance to hit. It is roughly 40% more against builds with 95% hit chance, which very hard to do in the first place. Same damage bonus as the berseker overall (and potentially higher, especially if you are going for fake dual weilding crit build) without any downsides + very good defensive buffs. If taunt immunity is removed on endgame bosses the class will be insane.
"
astraph wrote:

It's actualy more than 35% more, EVEN if it is compared to 95% hit chance buids, because when you are about to crit there is a second roll of your chance to hit. It is roughly 40% more against builds with 95% hit chance, which very hard to do in the first place. Same damage bonus as the berseker overall (and potentially higher, especially if you are going for fake dual weilding crit build) without any downsides + very good defensive buffs. If taunt immunity is removed on endgame bosses the class will be insane.

I'm assuming you will have about 90% chance to hit in the first place since there is no point of stacking so much accuracy because when you hit once it's done and the target gets destroyed in seconds. Perm fortify is REALLY strong, people are overlooking the fact that some melee skills are not full melee, and that by stopping to proc your fortify with your movement skill in full meleee range you can take a big chunck of damage and that movement on it's own is a loss of DPS since you are not attacking. Stun immunity means you can use a stibnite and no need at all for kaom's roots or it frees up one major pantheon power which is pretty huge too. Intimidate is not necesary at all since you can get it somewhere else like in tombfist gloves for instance. Perseverance belt for early league will give you perm onslaught or if you want belt of the deceiver gives intimidate on it's own. Those will carry you until you can get an OP stygian vise or elder belt which will take a while. Right now champion is looking hot as a league starter.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
Last edited by IIPheXII on Feb 24, 2018, 3:11:35 AM
"
astraph wrote:

I was careful on purpose :)
Partially because i wanted to give the actual baseline increase provided by the class (ok, the dmg increase is lower if you use shock and vulnerability, as "increased damage taken" sources stack additively) and because i'm not 100% sure that the confirmation roll for the crit is included. I assume it will, but who knows how the game handles it internally, because until now we afaik only had "your hits can't be evaded" now it is "the enemy cannot evade", so it might interact differently with crit.

And in regard to the permanent fortify. I think it is probably the second weakest or weakest node in the champion tree, competing with the buff (might be good in groups, but in general sounds rather weak). It will probably be only really interesting for Archers or wandusers, as those have no option to trigger fortify. It is just to easy to apply fortify and its duration is decent, the only risk is at the beginning of a fight or if there are longer periods where you cant trigger it.
The Bestiary league proved once and for all, that GGG only listens to crying instead of well thought out criticism.
"
Phrazz wrote:
Just let the fail safe be a fail safe.

10/10 wise words.

"
zzang wrote:
Champion always sucked and now is still weak in relation to other ascendancies.

Believe it or not it was never bad and now its getting much better.
Neden yaşıyorsun?
Last edited by Jideament on Feb 24, 2018, 9:35:55 AM
"
Jideament wrote:

"
zzang wrote:
Champion always sucked and now is still weak in relation to other ascendancies.

Believe it or not it was never bad and now its getting much better.

In relation to what? Hierophant?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info