Thoughts on the Champion Rework

The main way I can see Adrenaline being consistently used without Coruscating Elixir is by going almost Low Life and then using Blood Magic Clarity to get you into Low Life range. Flip it off and on every 20 seconds and you're good to go plus it doesn't rely on flask charges.
why are people making it so difficulty for themselves?

You take righteous fire.

You activate righteous fire and it get's removed when you reach the adrenaline threshold.

Well played, you now have 20 seconds of adrenaline. Don't forget to take at least 0.2 life leech somewhere or bring a health potion.

?_?

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : i seriously don't get people.

It like specifically says "removes status ailments AND BURNING" and people are all like "wow if i go elixir and then this gimmick and i throw on this item and then do that back-flip, i get adrenaline buff!

And i'm just like "how about you equip a single gem, use it, get the buff and then regen/heal like you normally?"
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Feb 22, 2018, 12:34:11 PM
"
Boem wrote:

You take righteous fire.

You activate righteous fire and it get's removed when you reach the adrenaline threshold.

Well played, you now have 20 seconds of adrenaline. Don't forget to take at least 0.2 life leech somewhere or bring a health potion.

?_?

Peace,

-Boem-

It like specifically says "removes status ailments AND BURNING" and people are all like "wow if i go elixir and then this gimmick and i throw on this item and then do that back-flip, i get adrenaline buff!

And i'm just like "how about you equip a single gem, use it, get the buff and then regen/heal like you normally?"

random reservation skill + lv 1 BM should do the trick much faster

either way people are going to find a way to spam it every 20 secs. the concept is just lame and easy to exploit to get the boost without the risk. the keystone should be something that greatly boost your defence and offence while on low life.
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

id probably rather use a herald+faster casting(should work right?)+bm in 2nd weapon set slot and once activated switch back than to rf because rf just takes too long to tick you down to use it for general clearing.

both unstoppable hero and first to strike last to fall work far better in an es/life hybrid than in a pure life build. you get stun immunuty, baseline eva/armor to deal with fast hitters and a fast, smooth and safe way of triggering adrenaline

the amount of damage provided by the those talents+the taunt line is sick and the mitigation is nothing to sneeze at either, however it feels like theyre kind of missing the theme of a sword and board character because worthy foe is typically better suited to dw than shield characters and unstoppable hero/first to strike push you towards life/es hybrids which thematically would fit better with a templar or so

fortitude is kind of a sad node, should get some melee damage attached to it so it doesnt feel completely wasted on any non bow/wand character

things i do like are the adrenaline mechanic, really looking forward to leveling and weapon swapping for some sick early game damage and leap slam speed as well as the cant evade on taunt mechanic

once it works on guardians and shaper itll be interesting to figure out different ways of dealing with the inconsistency on trash packs. you could go for high attack frequency, trigger it with warcries, herald of thunder and who knows what else

if enemies cannot evade (means that reflected damage should be possible to evade on player side because its not your weapon that always hits but the enemy that never evades) required absolutely no investment or thinking itd be overpowered and kind of boring

already got my champion build for next league planned out
Last edited by derrurak on Feb 22, 2018, 8:33:43 PM
lvl 20 bm + any 35% reservation aura, Forbidden taste.
"
Boem wrote:

You take righteous fire.

?_?

Peace,

-Boem-

It's an easy way and also potentially a very slow way. It's not like RF is an instant HP killer on characters with decent regen and fire resist which is quite potentially what you'll have with a champion. I'd much rather spend an extra gem on having it be instant and work as such for pretty much all builds than have it take variable time with the one gem.
"
The main way I can see Adrenaline being consistently used without Coruscating Elixir is by going almost Low Life and then using Blood Magic Clarity to get you into Low Life range. Flip it off and on every 20 seconds and you're good to go plus it doesn't rely on flask charges.

if youre a low life style es setup thats hovering just above the limit you dont even need it to be an aura, you can just attach a warcry or something to blood magic gem, maybe give it another support or 2 to cost a bit more mana. Enduring cry would spend the life, trigger the buff and then regen the life right?

"
ssemi wrote:
I mean, I know you can do it, but why do we have to go through all the effort just to make it work? I don't see other ascendencies forcing you down some super niche pseudo lowlife for a single node.

you dont, it works when you take a lot of damage, thats how its supposed to work, you dont have to do anything.

Have you seen how utterly insane the buff is? 100% increased damage, 25% attack speed, 25% movespeed and 10% additional physical damage reduction? On a node that already gives you 10% more attack damage? You think they should just give you an easy way to have all that from 1 node with perm uptime?

Its questionable that theyve given any way at all regardless of how far out it is to let you get 100% uptime on that thing. Its not trying to force you to do anything other than play and let it trigger when it triggers, youre forcing yourself to see every temp buff as something that should only be used by means of abusing it into being a perm buff.

I dont think pain attunement was designed from the perspective of being a 100% uptime buff for lowlife builds, its designed as a get out of jail card for when you are in trouble. I dont think RF was designed to be a 100% uptime buff that gives you a burn aura you use as a main skill, I think it was designed to be a dangerous temp buff that gave you a big spell damage boost at the cost of putting yourself in danger by losing a lot of life.

Over time more and more ways to abuse these temp buffs to get 100% uptime have been added. If you can abuse a temp buff in such a way and make it work then great, but you have to differentiate between what is using it and what is abusing it. You are forced to do what it takes to use a thing, whatever it takes to use a thing is what it takes to make it work. If you want to try and abuse it then thats on you, thats not 'making it work', thats breaking it. The only question when it comes to breaking the game is if its resulting in something thats unacceptably strong, if the game cannot be broken in a certain way or can but at too high a cost well thats not really a problem.
"
Boem wrote:

You take righteous fire.

?_?

Peace,

-Boem-

incredibly slow.
"regen/heal 65%+ or life normally" from a guy who complained how VP is too fast, how fast are you going to "heal up 65%"?

during that time you're degenning to 35% i dare you to engage in any halfway difficult fight, lets throw in hardcore league too how about, and after you hit 65%, are you going to take another full 1-2 seconds to flask back up or use all your instant charges

elixir is usable as hybrid because you aren't actually super near death with adrenaline activation, within 1 frame you go from 100% to 50% and still get the buff, to 100% with a ton of passive es regen, and if nothing else, its still an 8 seconds of good max fire resist

If you really want to go pure life with this, way smarter would be use to drop an aura/reservation totem since mana (life) cost occurs almost instantly, way before your action finishes and you can thus flask it up instantly too: it has good player control. By the way the cast time on rf is absolutely abysmal too, have fun casting it on an attack build which most of champion nodes synergise with.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
I dont think you are supposed to try and build for uptime on that buff, its just something you get when you get hammered by a monster.

+1

You are not meant to have the buff all the time. I think that is really good, after taking a big hit by a boss or a rare mob. And that really fits the theme of the champion.
This world is an illusion, exile.
Champion always sucked and now is still weak in relation to other ascendancies. I think Adrenaline should be less clunky to use. Raider changes showed that too conditional mechanics like on kill has to be replaced to be less conditional. Same is true for adrenaline.

Its so conditional that when noone finds a non clunky way for it to be useful it will be a dead passive. Maybe new unique items will help to make this skill usefull. But more likley a last minute rebalance of balance team to make Adrenaline more useable.
Last edited by zzang on Feb 23, 2018, 1:10:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info