Boss Fight Reveal: Vilenta

Well for my self I must say - Bad boss.
* Long invulnerable phase
* Dive bomb seems to show visual after it detonates so its basically stay in the middle to have real chance to dodge (and possibly be ones-hot)
* Slam seemed rather fast for almost one shot

I get that you want bosses to be more than 5s speed bump but there are better ways to do that (also if bosses take longer/long than trash mobs to clear they actually should be rewarding) -> this is especially true for shaper influenced areas where he stops time has a monologue where one has to wait and wait and wait.

PS: Am rather nervous from the "Ascenancies are not ready to be show" - less than two weeks before release, best wishes but yikes.

"
"
dachoppa wrote:

you do the drop calculation like now (edit: i.e. on monster kill in the map), but instead of dropping it, you add the drop to a list. when the boss is dead, it drops what is in the list. so while clearing, the mapping gear is used for drop calculation. just as it is now.

Terrific. Have you ever play sextanded map with 3 breaches and few abyssys, wearing bisco and MF stuff, with “plague of frogs” in addition? Whole ground is flooded with loot (crap in 99,5 %), even with item filter. It’s simply impossible to fit all those items in small “boss arena”. It could work only in case, if instead of tons of shit (including 90% of “unique” items, which is also worthless crap) boss drop contain real good things, with some serious and usable prefixes.

have you read what i suggested? ONLY THE MAPS get treated that way. i know very well how much stuff can drop.
"
shadopaw wrote:
Dont let the VOCAL MINORITY get to you GGG......
The silent MAJOIRTY will still love you GUYS

You have absolutely no clue what the "silent majority" likes or not, and neither does any of us. Because they're... silent. Only way to tell is if more people play concurrently than in the past, and how long they stick around after an update. If there's a surge that dwindles rather quickly, you can easily determine the update was over-hyped with less player retention.

That said, there's nothing wrong with this boss in Act 10. That's fine. What some complain about, including myself, is having this boss eventually in a map. That's not good.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Feb 20, 2018, 11:12:59 AM
"
edgewood wrote:
Invulnerable phases are crap as they break the fight.

Instead of being invulnerable allow the boss to still be hit yet ramp up their regen or defenses during those phases so you do very little damage but they are still engagable. Throw in all the adds you want just don't make it so we can't damage them at all during that time, this would allow players who have retarded levels of gear and setups to kill the bosses faster without deleting them but still not make them annoying 1 shot wait for phase to end 1 shot end for phase to end etc.

If you insist on adding invulnerable phases consider doing it as invulnerable to specific elements, pds, poison, burning etc but on a timer so for 10 seconds no pds would hurt them but elemental still would etc. It would slow down the 1 shot but keep the fight actually going.

While I do hate phases that interrupt the flow of the fight, especially when each phase only last seconds, my biggest pet peeve is the Shaper interrupting map boss kills... i.e completely freezing the entire screen for a monologue that takes more time than killing the boss.
"
dachoppa wrote:
you do the drop calculation like now (edit: i.e. on monster kill in the map), but instead of dropping it, you add the drop to a list. when the boss is dead, it drops what is in the list. so while clearing, the mapping gear is used for drop calculation. just as it is now.

I don't like that idea. That's no different from the massive nerf to ES to make people play life builds. I'd never done a single ES build before the nerf. Then I tried to do my first ES build and turned out so bad I ended up giving up on it. The only ES build I did after the nerf is a regen build, because GGG pretty much killed the other ones.

There is not need to encourage players to kill bosses by discouraging them from killing regular monsters. The reward just needs to be superior to killing mobs for the same amount of time. And yes, it has to be superior because bosses are more challenging than mobs.

In other words, make them reliably drop a solid amount of currency. Make them always drop 1 map of the same tier and another one of the same or higher tier. Maybe even give them a somewhat valuable unique or divination that you couldn't get otherwise. There is no need to make regular drops worse to convince players they are better off killing bosses if at all possible.

By moving map drops to bosses, you'd be killing clear speed builds that can't handle certain bosses, which is unnecessary. People will naturally start taking bosses into consideration when they choose their builds if they feel it's worth sacrificing other things for more single target dps and whatnot. There's no need to punish them if they still want to do a specific build that won't do well against bosses - the fact they won't be getting the superior loot alone should be enough "punishment".
Another boss that its minions/adds or the arena is far more dangerous than boss itself...
"one" more boss like this im out. Pissed off enough because stupid "immunity" phases.
Last edited by mutiv on Feb 20, 2018, 11:47:01 AM
Poor gal, I liked her.
So, my Raider will not have Phasing anymore?
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
Add Phase may be a bit long, but yeah you only need to fight him once during leveling and could skip the endgame map with this boss if you dont want to spend these 30 seconds. We do this with bosses we want to dodge in the endgame currently anyway.

But the bombardment is nearly undodgeable due to its speed and for that it seems to do way to much damage.

Same goes for the slam, wasnt dodgeable within an attacksequence and for that it dealt to much damage again.

Last edited by sakusa on Feb 20, 2018, 11:46:05 AM
It's okay to have phased boss fights at story, you get skill point and pantheon powers unlocked. It's okay to have phased bosses as uber bosses like shaper. BUT, PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T PUT ANY MORE BOSSES WITH INVUNERABILTY PHASES TO MAPS, SHAKARI IS ALREADY ANNOYING AS HELL, most people prefer to skip her.
ascend revamp pls!
FIX SG SERVER

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info