[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

"
Olis wrote:
Hello ! First - thanks for the build.
I would like to ask you guys, what should I improve first on my character. Here is my PoB link: https://pastebin.com/tRdrRMsX.
I'm sitting on ~10k ES, 41k armor and 1,9k ES regen (due to PoB - that number is different in game). I almost can afford Watcher's Eye (mana to ES), but meybe i should do/buy something else right now ?
I would be very grateful for any help or advice !

Any help ;d ??
"
2sCool wrote:
Can provide some leveling Guide for your build? Thabks in advance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIvm5napimE

"
Olis wrote:
I would like to ask you guys, what should I improve first on my character. Here is my PoB link: https://pastebin.com/tRdrRMsX.
I'm sitting on ~10k ES, 41k armor and 1,9k ES regen (due to PoB - that number is different in game). I almost can afford Watcher's Eye (mana to ES), but meybe i should do/buy something else right now ?

Get 3-5 level. Grab the jewel sock in witch area. Put an Healthy Mind in it.
The Sorrow of the Divine flask is useless in this build. You don't need Zealoth Oath while you already have it in your tree. So it's basicaly the same as a magical sulphur flask with only extra duration affixe.

%Spell damage on jewel isn't a realy usefull affixe because it does not work on RF and will only buff your SR. Aim for jewel like %ES / %Burning / 1 extra dmg buff (%dmg / %fire / %DOT / %AOE dmg).
Switch your rings to Opal. You can switch to Unset only of you aim to add some specifics gems like an extra curse. Unset ring can be also usefull if you have a good +3 skill version. It should alow you to have one purity lvl 24.

Use GCP in your SR/RF setups.

I would, also respect ES nodes in Witch area, in order to get skill point for jewels sock. This would help way more than a bit of extra ES if you can get good jewels.

"
GrindcoreFTW wrote:
Why does Mana regen on my passive tree boost my ES regen then? Is it because of the extra mana? Also what other ways do I have to boost my mana further now? It's quite low and with RF activated higher tier maps are really dangerous.

It's dangerous because you missed the top priority of a RF build.
Geting the highest ES possible is the second priority. The first one is to have the highest regen possible.

Look at your tree. You miss the regen node from Templar & Scion starts. you miss, like this 1.9% regen. Don't feel surprise if you are struggling with your regen and so, your survivability.

From your level, follow this tree : https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.2.3/AAAABAUDAQYOCPQJ9gthDF8NfBEPES0RUBJpFxwXLxhWGS4aPhslHKcc3B0UIbAksCftKPopLiycLpQ09zpYOw1DyElPTlJPBFOlVcZWSFcNV8lZ81ugXGtcil8qXz9mVGaeaGVodGjyakNtGXF5cg9yqXRVe9d8DnxLfIN8uH5sgKSA4ILHhEiFMox2jxqPRpIrkyeUb5Z0ly2XhZitmzCboaUYpwinK6dVrJisqq2Nr2y0DLcxuJO8qrzqvorDbcT2xq7K089-1HzXatgk2VvZYdpi6rrr7u_r8WzxrPOb98H31_no-tL9AA==?accountName=GrindcoreFTW&characterName=FacetankMcLaser

Resum of change (for a cost of 7 regret orbs) :
- Respect ES/Armor nodes in start Templar area ;
- Respect the Armor and jewel sock up to Resolute Technique ;
- Respect the Might node (+30 str) up to Elemental Overload ;
- Take the 3 Mana & life regen in start Templar area ;
- Take the life regen and jewel socked in Scion area (from Shaper notable) ;
- Take the jewel socked in central area (between EO & EE).

You should miss a bit of armor and ES but at the same time, you will win 1.9% ES regen and 1 extra jewel sock. This should help you a lot.
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on May 6, 2018, 4:44:29 PM
"
"
2sCool wrote:
Can provide some leveling Guide for your build? Thabks in advance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIvm5napimE

"
Olis wrote:

Get 3-5 level. Grab the jewel sock in witch area. Put an Healthy Mind in it.
The Sorrow of the Divine flask is useless in this build. You don't need Zealoth Oath while you already have it in your tree. So it's basicaly the same as a magical sulphur flask with only extra duration affixe.

%Spell damage on jewel isn't a realy usefull affixe because it does not work on RF and will only buff your SR. Aim for jewel like %ES / %Burning / 1 extra dmg buff (%dmg / %fire / %DOT / %AOE dmg).
Switch your rings to Opal. You can switch to Unset only of you aim to add some specifics gems like an extra curse. Unset ring can be also usefull if you have a good +3 skill version. It should alow you to have one purity lvl 24.

Use GCP in your SR/RF setups.

I would, also respect ES nodes in Witch area, in order to get skill point for jewels sock. This would help way more than a bit of extra ES if you can get good jewels.

"
GrindcoreFTW wrote:
Why does Mana regen on my passive tree boost my ES regen then? Is it because of the extra mana? Also what other ways do I have to boost my mana further now? It's quite low and with RF activated higher tier maps are really dangerous.

It's dangerous because you missed the top priority of a RF build.
Geting the highest ES possible is the second priority. The first one is to have the highest regen possible.

Look at your tree. You miss the regen node from Templar & Scion starts. you miss, like this 1.9% regen. Don't feel surprise if you are struggling with your regen and so, your survivability.

From your level, follow this tree : https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.2.3/AAAABAUDAQYOCPQJ9gthDF8NfBEPES0RUBJpFxwXLxhWGS4aPhslHKcc3B0UIbAksCftKPopLiycLpQ09zpYOw1DyElPTlJPBFOlVcZWSFcNV8lZ81ugXGtcil8qXz9mVGaeaGVodGjyakNtGXF5cg9yqXRVe9d8DnxLfIN8uH5sgKSA4ILHhEiFMox2jxqPRpIrkyeUb5Z0ly2XhZitmzCboaUYpwinK6dVrJisqq2Nr2y0DLcxuJO8qrzqvorDbcT2xq7K089-1HzXatgk2VvZYdpi6rrr7u_r8WzxrPOb98H31_no-tL9AA==?accountName=GrindcoreFTW&characterName=FacetankMcLaser

Resum of change (for a cost of 7 regret orbs) :
- Respect ES/Armor nodes in start Templar area ;
- Respect the Armor and jewel sock up to Resolute Technique ;
- Respect the Might node (+30 str) up to Elemental Overload ;
- Take the 3 Mana & life regen in start Templar area ;
- Take the life regen and jewel socked in Scion area (from Shaper notable) ;
- Take the jewel socked in central area (between EO & EE).

You should miss a bit of armor and ES but at the same time, you will win 1.9% ES regen and 1 extra jewel sock. This should help you a lot.

Will do thanks a bunch! I already figured ES regen is the most important thing but I just couldn't find a way to boost it further. According to PoB OP's build has something like 25% regen while I'm sitting at 15% and I just don't know how to get that much regen.
"
GrindcoreFTW wrote:
Will do thanks a bunch! I already figured ES regen is the most important thing but I just couldn't find a way to boost it further. According to PoB OP's build has something like 25% regen while I'm sitting at 15% and I just don't know how to get that much regen.

First of all, when importing a character, uncheck every buff. Especialy temporary buff. You can't compare a build fully buffed with a raw build.
From what I see, zzangs' raw builds have thoses regen stats :
- +559 positive regen in Uber Elder config (18.6% ES regen) ;
- +195 positive regen in normal config (15.9% ES regen).

Secondly, keep in mind one thing : zzang have a bunch of legacy items and generaly he is clearly in the range of min max stuff. Even if all this legacy stuff does not buff his regen, one extremly expensive item do : his watcher's eye.
To make a relevant comparaison, you should take his PoB, remove his watcher's eye, and your's (or just set in his setup the same watcher's eye than yours).
With raw stats and without his Watcher's eye zzang have thoses regen stats :
- +330 positive regen in Uber Elder config (17.9% ES regen) ;
- +25 positive regen in normal config (15.1% ES regen).

Lastly keep in mind this build was developped to be a lvl 100 build. Not a lvl 85+. So right now you are missing many levels. This is a big difference for this kind of build where every skill point is important.

I explained this many times. When you follow a guide, you should watch OP POB with a critic eye. Generaly, their PoB are full of bullshit buffs like temporary buffs. And at the same time PoB does not provide any explaination about build's mecanics. It does not explain, why OP chose this path in his tree instead an other one. Some time a certain path in the tree is chosen because of some extremly specific gear or gems setup. And if you don't have this specific gear or gems setup, you should go for a different tree.
This guide is a perfect example of this. It gives us a PoB full of temporary buff, and with extremly specifics stuff, with some mirror tier stuff (watcher's eye, shavronne legacy, his stygian vise, etc.). You can't rely on his PoB without a debunking of his PoB.
I don't say this to trash zzang for this. We all know that, if you do not show extremly high stats when presenting your build, most of players will say it's a shit build without testing it and without understanding the build.
But when it comes to normal players, with more regular stuff, then we see many of them struggling to make it works and not understanding why it does not works for them.

That's why I proposed you a different tree. Even if you are well stuffed, zzang stuff is out of comparaison, and at the same time, you are far from his level. And I do not mention the understanding of this build.
"
Olis wrote:

See my tree and gear. I have done ~ 20 Uber Elders. And most of them with 1 portal and with no deaths. I have ~1200 positive regen and 14900 ES, and ~700k DPS without flasks.
"
"
GrindcoreFTW wrote:

First of all, when importing a character, uncheck every buff. Especialy temporary buff. You can't compare a build fully buffed with a raw build.
From what I see, zzangs' raw builds have thoses regen stats :
- +559 positive regen in Uber Elder config (18.6% ES regen) ;
- +195 positive regen in normal config (15.9% ES regen).

Secondly, keep in mind one thing : zzang have a bunch of legacy items and generaly he is clearly in the range of min max stuff. Even if all this legacy stuff does not buff his regen, one extremly expensive item do : his watcher's eye.
To make a relevant comparaison, you should take his PoB, remove his watcher's eye, and your's (or just set in his setup the same watcher's eye than yours).
With raw stats and without his Watcher's eye zzang have thoses regen stats :
- +330 positive regen in Uber Elder config (17.9% ES regen) ;
- +25 positive regen in normal config (15.1% ES regen).

Lastly keep in mind this build was developped to be a lvl 100 build. Not a lvl 85+. So right now you are missing many levels. This is a big difference for this kind of build where every skill point is important.

I explained this many times. When you follow a guide, you should watch OP POB with a critic eye. Generaly, their PoB are full of bullshit buffs like temporary buffs. And at the same time PoB does not provide any explaination about build's mecanics. It does not explain, why OP chose this path in his tree instead an other one. Some time a certain path in the tree is chosen because of some extremly specific gear or gems setup. And if you don't have this specific gear or gems setup, you should go for a different tree.
This guide is a perfect example of this. It gives us a PoB full of temporary buff, and with extremly specifics stuff, with some mirror tier stuff (watcher's eye, shavronne legacy, his stygian vise, etc.). You can't rely on his PoB without a debunking of his PoB.
I don't say this to trash zzang for this. We all know that, if you do not show extremly high stats when presenting your build, most of players will say it's a shit build without testing it and without understanding the build.
But when it comes to normal players, with more regular stuff, then we see many of them struggling to make it works and not understanding why it does not works for them.

That's why I proposed you a different tree. Even if you are well stuffed, zzang stuff is out of comparaison, and at the same time, you are far from his level. And I do not mention the understanding of this build.

Excellent response. So far I've only blindly followed builds. I was struggling anyway with this one since there is little to no explanation. Everything you said makes sense, I will check my tree again and make some adjustments. Build is working great for me, just my ES regen feels a little low when I get blasted by a million monsters with elemental damage at the same time, that's when the butt clench happens and I actually need to dodge or get out for a second.
Hi, I am following ur guide and so far I have issues with sustaining RF it just flat out kills me. Here is my https://pastebin.com/Fafkxhxw PoB build, I know that as soon as I level up I will replace some of old gear (can't afford anything that costs more than unlinked shavs).
"
Macieyerk wrote:
Hi, I am following ur guide and so far I have issues with sustaining RF it just flat out kills me. Here is my https://pastebin.com/Fafkxhxw PoB build, I know that as soon as I level up I will replace some of old gear (can't afford anything that costs more than unlinked shavs).

Just by looking at your tree I can say you miss the most important part of RF build mecanics.
It's a common mistake for player who are discovering RF build, so don't worry. 1-2 things before starting : The most important thing in a RF build is your regen. A RF build does not rely on leech. And a LL RF build can't rely on Flask. The only way to survive is the regen.
The regen is all. Without a proper regen, in most of situation, you won't be able to heal yourself properly and face a situation close to the one you are facing right now. In worst case, you will degen yourself with RF and the build will be unplayable.
So keep in mind this : the more regen you have, the better it is. And this should occupy your mind at the moment you start to play RF

So right now, let's jump to the "what's wrong with your build, & how to fixe it" ...

In your ascendency :
- Harmony of Purpose is useless in this build. This ascendency keystone is for guardian aura bot. Not for RF. Respect this as fast as possible ;
- Here is the right Ascendency and the order to follow :
1. Time of Need. It's the most important one. You should have take it right after your normal lab. It's a free 30% regen of your life/ES pool every 5sec. It's just incredible. It's certainly the most powerfull source of regen of this build, even if it's a temporary buff.
2. Radiant Faith. With this you convert 18% of your reserved mana in ES. It's a huge life/es buff. The armor buff is cool too.
3. Unwavering Faith. A regen buff and tankiness buff, which is cool.
4. Bastion Hope. An anti stun with a cool block buff.
So in short : Respect Harmony of Purpose and take Time of Need as fast as possible. This should be your top priority.

In your tree ...
Just as said previously, ES/Life/Mana/Res are secondary. Regen nodes should be your top priority. And you miss almost all regen node in the tree. That's why sustaining your RF is so difficult, or almost impossible.
Here is what your tree should look.
Here is how to do it step by step :
1. Respect Breath of Flame wheel (this should gives you 5 free skill points) ;
2. Use 3 skill points and take the Mana & Life Regen nodes near the Templar start (2 free skill points remaining) ;
3. Respect the 3 Armor & ES nodes from the start of the Templar, just under the Mana & Life regen nodes. (5 free skill points remaining) ;
4. Take Shaper notable and the 2 (or 3) regen life nodes near the Scion start area.
5. Respect 2 nodes from Arcane Focus in Witch area.
6. Take Elemental Equilibrium
7. Take Sovereignty for 3 skill points.
From what I see in your skill tree from your profil (not from your PoB), this should cost you 10 regrets orbs.

In your stuff ...
For the leveling as LL RF, there is 5 core items you should play in order to sustain your RF.
- Springleaf ;
- Dual Kikazaru rings ;
- Fated Shavronne boots ;
- Shaper's Seed amulet.
Buy them. It's cheap stuff. Rest are totaly free stuff. So just aim to improve your ES pool and your resist in order to be caped and have enought Fire Res for sustaining your RF.

From this, you can mix my advice with the content of this video guide : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIvm5napimE
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on May 9, 2018, 2:49:46 PM
"
"
Macieyerk wrote:

Just by looking at your tree I can say you miss the most important part of RF build mecanics.
It's a common mistake for player who are discovering RF build, so don't worry. 1-2 things before starting : The most important thing in a RF build is your regen. A RF build does not rely on leech. And a LL RF build can't rely on Flask. The only way to survive is the regen.
The regen is all. Without a proper regen, in most of situation, you won't be able to heal yourself properly and face a situation close to the one you are facing right now. In worst case, you will degen yourself with RF and the build will be unplayable.
So keep in mind this : the more regen you have, the better it is. And this should occupy your mind at the moment you start to play RF

So right now, let's jump to the "what's wrong with your build, & how to fixe it" ...

In your ascendency :
- Harmony of Purpose is useless in this build. This ascendency keystone is for guardian aura bot. Not for RF. Respect this as fast as possible ;
- Here is the right Ascendency and the order to follow :
1. Time of Need. It's the most important one. You should have take it right after your normal lab. It's a free 30% regen of your life/ES pool every 5sec. It's just incredible. It's certainly the most powerfull source of regen of this build, even if it's a temporary buff.
2. Radiant Faith. With this you convert 18% of your reserved mana in ES. It's a huge life/es buff. The armor buff is cool too.
3. Unwavering Faith. A regen buff and tankiness buff, which is cool.
4. Bastion Hope. An anti stun with a cool block buff.
So in short : Respect Harmony of Purpose and take Time of Need as fast as possible. This should be your top priority.

In your tree ...
Just as said previously, ES/Life/Mana/Res are secondary. Regen nodes should be your top priority. And you miss almost all regen node in the tree. That's why sustaining your RF is so difficult, or almost impossible.
Here is what your tree should look.
Here is how to do it step by step :
1. Respect Breath of Flame wheel (this should gives you 5 free skill points) ;
2. Use 3 skill points and take the Mana & Life Regen nodes near the Templar start (2 free skill points remaining) ;
3. Respect the 3 Armor & ES nodes from the start of the Templar, just under the Mana & Life regen nodes. (5 free skill points remaining) ;
4. Take Shaper notable and the 2 (or 3) regen life nodes near the Scion start area.
5. Respect 2 nodes from Arcane Focus in Witch area.
6. Take Elemental Equilibrium
7. Take Sovereignty for 3 skill points.
From what I see in your skill tree from your profil (not from your PoB), this should cost you 10 regrets orbs.

In your stuff ...
For the leveling as LL RF, there is 5 core items you should play in order to sustain your RF.
- Springleaf ;
- Dual Kikazaru rings ;
- Fated Shavronne boots ;
- Shaper's Seed amulet.
Buy them. It's cheap stuff. Rest are totaly free stuff. So just aim to improve your ES pool and your resist in order to be caped and have enought Fire Res for sustaining your RF.

From this, you can mix my advice with the content of this video guide : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIvm5napimE

Thank you for answer, I will make changes according to your guidance.
Excellent build! Will be using this later on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info