[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

"
allana wrote:
Spoiler
"
GrindcoreFTW wrote:
"
allana wrote:

If you look at the guardian ascendancy points you can see Radiant Faith with "15% of your reserved mana granted as maximum energy shield"

This gives you a flat energy shield aura, like discipline, but a larger amount. If you have 1000 total mana and reserve 900 of it, you would gain 900*0.15 = 115 flat shield. If you instead have 9000 mana and reserve 8950 of it, the number becomes way larger.

So due to this, we want both as much mana as possible AND as much mana reserved as possible. I am currently sitting at about 8k total mana and I only have 50 or so unreserved of it, which gives me a lot of energy shield.

Strength and intellect do the same thing due to shaper's touch. Each point gives a bit of mana and some % energy shield
Mana gives more mana
Energy shield gives more energy shield

A large combination of these stats results in the highest possible energy shield pool

More life means you get more armour from radiant faith and if you are using presence of chayula, higher base life pool means it grants more energy shield as well

So what are basically saying is everything leads to more es. Any idea on which stats lead to the highest amount of es per "point"? I can't spend 100+ ex on each rare to get the everything so I need to get rid of some things so I can play the build. Not sure if you can see my character but I have all the gems and items except for jewels and endgame rings. Also I gotta do some more leveling and side quests for sure but I'm working on it.

your profile is hidden. Mine isn't though, with my current setup I have a bit above 17000 energy shield. Compare my gear to yours and you can see what improvements you can make. Some of it is self-crafted in a very expensive way though. Don't count on getting a belt like mine unless you invest a lot into essences

My profile should be public now. I strictly followed the guide as far as possible, your gear differs quite a bit from mine. I'm no good at theorycrafting and creating builds so I could still use your help.
My friend, the first thing you need to do is to do the labyrinth so that you gain your ascendancy. The first two labyrinths help you immensely with survivability

Your gear is fine, you need more levels and ascendancy points
"
allana wrote:
My friend, the first thing you need to do is to do the labyrinth so that you gain your ascendancy. The first two labyrinths help you immensely with survivability

Your gear is fine, you need more levels and ascendancy points

Alright, that's the next thing I'll do, thanks :)
First of all - thanks for a great build, it works like a breeze, it runs all mods (although lower res or regen may require to turn off RF). Could not try uber elder yet, all of the rest is great.

A change that some people may like is to use a Dreadbeak, instead the Doon.

For me it is -450 ES, -700 armor, + 1K dps, but you can use Whirling Blades with a sword, which makes it worthwhile.
With better gear (>= (100-32)*8 = 544 total str with it, correct me if I am wrong) the doon will have more dps as well.

p.s. Also the Dreadbeak can be corrupted with culling strike, without lowering your dps, unlike the Doon.
Last edited by majna on May 5, 2018, 10:01:38 AM
I'm sitting at 3029.9 ES recharge per second and I still can't sustain RF without degen, can someone help? What am I missing?

/edit: ES regen rate was too low, respeccing to more mana regeneration fixed it for now
Last edited by GrindcoreFTW on May 5, 2018, 12:46:30 PM
Can provide some leveling Guide for your build? Thabks in advance
Hello ! First - thanks for the build.
I would like to ask you guys, what should I improve first on my character. Here is my PoB link: https://pastebin.com/tRdrRMsX.
I'm sitting on ~10k ES, 41k armor and 1,9k ES regen (due to PoB - that number is different in game). I almost can afford Watcher's Eye (mana to ES), but meybe i should do/buy something else right now ?
I would be very grateful for any help or advice !
Not sure if I'm missing something or if the game mechanics are fucked.

Old ring:
+87 Mana
+43 Strength
+45 ES
+54 Life
+8 all resistances

46912 Armour
1145,4 ES regen
33146.5 damage on SR

New ring:
24% increased elemental damage
+43 strength
+9% fire damage
+62 Mana
63% increased mana regen
38% increased elemental damage with attack skills
+41 Life

46299 Armour
1114.4 ES regen
33759.3 damage on SR

Mana regen on the tree directly translates to ES regen but not on rings? Also the damage increase is so minute that I feel it's not worth swapping the rings, especially since my ES regen is actually lower, I tried to boost it. This doesn't make any sense to me.
mana regen does nothing for you except mana regen. The first ring is better

flat mana or increased mana gives you more energy shield, but the only regen that helps you is to life (converted to ES with zealot's oath) or energy regen
"
allana wrote:
mana regen does nothing for you except mana regen. The first ring is better

flat mana or increased mana gives you more energy shield, but the only regen that helps you is to life (converted to ES with zealot's oath) or energy regen

Why does Mana regen on my passive tree boost my ES regen then? Is it because of the extra mana? Also what other ways do I have to boost my mana further now? It's quite low and with RF activated higher tier maps are really dangerous.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info