[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

Hi there, quick question here.

Any suggestions on what skills to level with if i want to level up using the passive tree in this guide?
Don't like spending all my respec points for nothing.

Thanks in advance!
Great build Zzang!

Can anybody advise if +1 lvl of socketed gems is required for Shav's armor?

Thanks
Due to work and school i can only lvl and gear one character each league. ı hope they wont nerf anything in this build. Thing ı like about this one is, you get huge power from leveling and spending currency. Since ı can only play 1 character its what ı need. I did play GC totem hiero this league and i feel even ı spend more time and money, character wont get much stronger from budget buıld. Cross my finger for patch notes.

thanks for the post.
started this build yesterday. just had a hierophant left which I werent using anymore on lvl 84 in bestiary. Just gave it a try on this build cuz got around 10ex on spare to spend.

I do not have the uber high end gear The Watchers Eye like linked just a bit diff one with Determination and the Chayula im missing aswell.

Even without those 2 this build makes a lot of fun face tanking the shit out of every map boss. never had it like this. most of the time I had to know the mechanics. now I just stands and boom... melted down that boss.

good guide. scorching ray and rf makes fun to play. Never played those skills before cuz I thought they are boring but man... im so wrong.

Thanks for the guide!

Maybe someone has a minute to check out my build. Maybe im missing something.

"
tooripped wrote:
Great build Zzang!

Can anybody advise if +1 lvl of socketed gems is required for Shav's armor?

Thanks

It's absolutly not required.

Shavronne +1 is only a realy late minimaxing option. And this imply some change in your SR setup and is a realy realy expensive upgrade.
In order to be a dps upgrade for your SR, you first need SR lvl 21/20. And, if you are planning on geting a Shavronne 6L +1, you should already have your full SR setup in 21/20. So having 20/20 gems might be a waste. And lastly you will switch Swift Afflication gem for Empower 4 (so you will need a 4B2R Shavronne 6L +1).

Consider this as a 50-60 ex upgrade for a 6L Shavronne +1 non legacy.
Legacy version cost like 150-200ex for a 6L 190%.

"
started this build yesterday. just had a hierophant left which I werent using anymore on lvl 84 in bestiary. Just gave it a try on this build cuz got around 10ex on spare to spend.

I do not have the uber high end gear The Watchers Eye like linked just a bit diff one with Determination and the Chayula im missing aswell.

Even without those 2 this build makes a lot of fun face tanking the shit out of every map boss. never had it like this. most of the time I had to know the mechanics. now I just stands and boom... melted down that boss.

good guide. scorching ray and rf makes fun to play. Never played those skills before cuz I thought they are boring but man... im so wrong.

Thanks for the guide!

Maybe someone has a minute to check out my build. Maybe im missing something.

Don't have much time to check out on pob but as a realy quick review :
On the ground of stuffing :
- You need to change your belt. The "ES recovery rate" shaper affixe is mandatory. Stygian Vise can't be droped in Shaper version in Bestiary. It's a legacy base from Abyss league.
Buy a Shaper belt with : Str / ES / 17%+ inc ES recovery rate / 1 free suffixe in order to craft Cold Res to be caped.
- Your rings are bad. Ring 1 should have : 40+Str / 40+dex / ES / Mana. Ring 2 should have : 40+Str / Intel / 40+ES / Mana as core stats. Try to get a flat cold or light dmg to attack affixe on one ring. On the ring with dex, geting Intell too is an extremly cool buff.
- Your boots are bad. You can chose between 4 paires of boots : Death Door (for most of situation) / Alberon (cheap option) / High ES rare boots (for high end bossing) / High ES roll Sin Trek (cheap version of high ES rare boots). And you miss the Regen enchant on boots.
- Your jewels are bad. Look for jewels with : %ES / %Burning dmg / %DOT or %Fire or %Global dmg as core stats.
- Your Flasks are bad. You don't have a single quality on any flasks. This cost few chaos and help a lot.

On the ground of gems :
- Aura gems don't need quality. Sell them for lvl 20/0 gems and use the benefits for other upgrading.
- Get some weapong in your swaping weapon and fill them with gems in order to level them. Start with 6 Purity of Fire (in order to vaal your self a lvl 21), then level some SR gems in order to get a 21/20 one.

On the ground of the tree :
I didn't checked if your regen is positive or not. But looking about your level, your tree and your stuff, I don't think you have positive regen. So I would highly recommand you to do those corrections :
- Respect Arcane Focus and Deep Wisdom (get 3 free skill points) ;
- Take the regen node from Templar start ;
- Respect the ES & Armor nodes from Templar Start ;
- Take regen node linked to Shaper notable ;
- Respect Mana nodes linked to Shaper notbale and leading to the jewel socked ;
- Take back Deep Wisdom and Arcane Focus.
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on May 15, 2018, 8:45:41 AM
"
"
tooripped wrote:
Great build Zzang!

Don't have much time to check out on pob but as a realy quick review :
On the ground of stuffing :
- You need to change your belt. The "ES recovery rate" shaper affixe is mandatory. Stygian Vise can't be droped in Shaper version in Bestiary. It's a legacy base from Abyss league.
Buy a Shaper belt with : Str / ES / 17%+ inc ES recovery rate / 1 free suffixe in order to craft Cold Res to be caped.
- Your rings are bad. Ring 1 should have : 40+Str / 40+dex / ES / Mana. Ring 2 should have : 40+Str / Intel / 40+ES / Mana as core stats. Try to get a flat cold or light dmg to attack affixe on one ring. On the ring with dex, geting Intell too is an extremly cool buff.
- Your boots are bad. You can chose between 4 paires of boots : Death Door (for most of situation) / Alberon (cheap option) / High ES rare boots (for high end bossing) / High ES roll Sin Trek (cheap version of high ES rare boots). And you miss the Regen enchant on boots.
- Your jewels are bad. Look for jewels with : %ES / %Burning dmg / %DOT or %Fire or %Global dmg as core stats.
- Your Flasks are bad. You don't have a single quality on any flasks. This cost few chaos and help a lot.

On the ground of gems :
- Aura gems don't need quality. Sell them for lvl 20/0 gems and use the benefits for other upgrading.
- Get some weapong in your swaping weapon and fill them with gems in order to level them. Start with 6 Purity of Fire (in order to vaal your self a lvl 21), then level some SR gems in order to get a 21/20 one.

On the ground of the tree :
I didn't checked if your regen is positive or not. But looking about your level, your tree and your stuff, I don't think you have positive regen. So I would highly recommand you to do those corrections :
- Respect Arcane Focus and Deep Wisdom (get 3 free skill points) ;
- Take the regen node from Templar start ;
- Respect the ES & Armor nodes from Templar Start ;
- Take regen node linked to Shaper notable ;
- Respect Mana nodes linked to Shaper notbale and leading to the jewel socked ;
- Take back Deep Wisdom and Arcane Focus.

Thanks for the swift reply.

Boots and Amulett updated. Also flask are on 20%. Rings updated aswell. Got a good boost of Energy Shield (somewhere around +2k). I didnt got your last part with the respec of skilltree. What do you mean with a positive regen? If you mean the regen of my ES - it is positive. When RF is on, my ES gets slightly down but regens after it immeadiatly.
"

Boots and Amulett updated. Also flask are on 20%. Rings updated aswell. Got a good boost of Energy Shield (somewhere around +2k). I didnt got your last part with the respec of skilltree. What do you mean with a positive regen? If you mean the regen of my ES - it is positive. When RF is on, my ES gets slightly down but regens after it immeadiatly.

Right now you have -77,1 regen. Just check out your character on PoB. This means, you lose 77.1 ES per second while RF is active. And every 5 second, you have the Time of Need ascendency buff that gives you back 30% of your ES.

No time for long and big explaination, but this situation is bad. Remeber you don't have any leech, any flask to heal you in critical moment. Your survivability is only based on your regen. If you degen your face while RF is active, then you will certainly face RIP in end game content.
And the regen is the first and most importante thing to take care in a RF build.

Simply keep in mind that you can't only rely on Time of Need buff. It's a periodical and temporary buff. If ennemis blow more than 70% of your ES pool in 5 sec, you will face rippy situation.

That's why I was saying you need a shaper belt with a "ES recovery rate" it's a multiplicative regen buff, so it's super effective.
And that's why I was saying you need to respect some point in your tree in order to get regen nodes.

Even with 350 positive regen, you can face rippy situation. So with a 77 degen on the ass, you will face way more rippy situations.
nice build! btw how to do noregen eleref maps?
Former old diablo 2 median player.
"
"

Right now you have -77,1 regen. Just check out your character on PoB. This means, you lose 77.1 ES per second while RF is active. And every 5 second, you have the Time of Need ascendency buff that gives you back 30% of your ES.

No time for long and big explaination, but this situation is bad. Remeber you don't have any leech, any flask to heal you in critical moment. Your survivability is only based on your regen. If you degen your face while RF is active, then you will certainly face RIP in end game content.
And the regen is the first and most importante thing to take care in a RF build.

Simply keep in mind that you can't only rely on Time of Need buff. It's a periodical and temporary buff. If ennemis blow more than 70% of your ES pool in 5 sec, you will face rippy situation.

That's why I was saying you need a shaper belt with a "ES recovery rate" it's a multiplicative regen buff, so it's super effective.
And that's why I was saying you need to respect some point in your tree in order to get regen nodes.

Even with 350 positive regen, you can face rippy situation. So with a 77 degen on the ass, you will face way more rippy situations.

Ok I got it.

I changed my belt already. Got a regen of ES 1200 - 3800/s.

I guess I should be fine now?
Last edited by matizzle_dizzle on May 17, 2018, 11:46:47 AM
"
pipendrusu wrote:
nice build! btw how to do noregen eleref maps?

Noregen - skip or turn off RF, ele reflect does not bother us since none of our skills (bar orb of storms) does not hit, lower max res is also problem, although I can run up to -8% res with RF, because of my recovery watcher's eye.
Last edited by majna on May 18, 2018, 6:37:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info