[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

"
No.
/Edit : I will explain a bit ...

I did a little comparaison on PoB. Just switching my guardian RF in a Scion an following your tree. There was a huge gap between the two versions.

Your tree present major mistakes :
- You don't take Elemental Overload which is one of the bigest source of dps especialy against boss ;
- You miss MoM which is a huge tankiness boost ;
- The path you follow in Guardian area make you waste some points, and you take nodes that are not realy usefull for a RF build ;
- Why do you take Occultiste + Chieftain path over Guardian ? Guardian provide, in Scion, a mini Time of Need buff which make you regen 20% of your ES every 5 sec ;
Etc.

To make it clear and simple ...

Those are screens of a quick comparaison between my Guardian, and Your version with my guardian stuff and gems setups :
Spoiler

Scion version :

My Guardian :

As you can see, with the same stuff, same gems, your version end up with :
- 30% less dps ;
- twice less ES ;
- 40% less Net life regen ;
- 1/4 of my armour ;
- -1% max res (with -2% for light max res).

The build should works, but the stats would be terrible in comparaison to a Guardian with exactly the same amount of currency invested in it.

Thanks alot for that super detalied answer <3
You the best dude!
Hi, I am trying to understand why we're using the Doon here instead of Doryani, was reading around that Doon becomes effective after 800 strength, we're far from there

Should we try to use a crafted weapon, with high fire and elemental damage, or we would loose too much armour because of it? (Even though if with 464 strength we have just a +29% armour)
"
Kuzlak89 wrote:
Hi, I am trying to understand why we're using the Doon here instead of Doryani, was reading around that Doon becomes effective after 800 strength, we're far from there

Should we try to use a crafted weapon, with high fire and elemental damage, or we would loose too much armour because of it? (Even though if with 464 strength we have just a +29% armour)

This point of having more dps with Doon at the moment we reach 800 str is only basic math considering the affixe "1% increased damage per 8 strength when in main hand". Doryani provide up to 100% elemental damage. So in order to reach 100% damage with Doon you have to do a basic multiplication (1% = 8str, so 8*100=800 ; thanks lot Captain Obvious), periode. Even if Demi's is saying this in his Chieftain RF guide, I don't think we need his help to end at the same conclusion.
Also, this is true for any RF build even if we compare with other traditional RF guardian like Demi's or Ahfack guides.

But this build is the result of crossing many layer of different builds orientations (aura bot + mana guardian + RF + Shaper's Touch build).
If we compare Doon vs Doryani, we must keep in mind the specificity of this build vs all other build I talked before.
This build coss 2 specifics mecanics that are extremly important in this comparaison :
- The Shaper's Touch build orientation (stacking strength provide a huge boost of ES and mana) ;
- The Mana Guardina orientation (we convert % of our max mana in ES so the more max mana we have, the more ES we get).
Those two orientation are kind of a foundation of this build while, even other RF Guardian build do not rely on it.
So for us, stacking strength and mana will provide us a huge boost in ES and Armour.
Saying this you will immediatly see that Doryani does not provide any of those stats while Doon provide a huge boost on this ground.

And even for this build, there is 2 differents orientations that leads to 2 differents results in comparaison.
You can play this build in a 6L SR, or a 6L RF.
Before lets assume we are talking about a mid-range gear setup (~15-25ex budget). Those who can reach a 50-100+ex budget will probably in a realy different situation.

In a 6L SR setup, Doon will provide a more balanced buff that Doryani as explained before. We will convert the strength in dps and armour, yeah, but also we will convert it in mana and %ES thanks to Shaper's Touch. And thanks to Mana Guardian orientation, we will also convert the Mana from Doon in ES.
So even if Doon provide less dps than Doryani, it still provide some dps, and on top of this it will provide a lot of defensive buffs.
It's just a choice between balance and full dps orientation.

For a 6L RF, what I said previously for 6L SR setup is the same. But there is one more thing. The only difference is we will play our SR in Doon to get the "Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 30 Iron Will" buff as 4th link. This affixe will provide more dps than any 20/20 support we could play on any other 4L setup. So here, there will be a tinier dps difference of dps between those two setup.

All of this to say, for this build we take advantage of almost every affixe of Doon while other build only use 1 or 2 affixes at the best. Doon is an extremly balanced choice, even if it's not the best.
Doryani is a good solution for those who are looking for more dps and don't care about tankiness. But it can be a way more expensive solution.

For min-maxed build, a rare scepter will be the BiS choice.
Is this build updated for 3.6?
Last edited by Morkman on Mar 27, 2019, 3:18:18 AM
I would just like to do a big shout out and a massive thank you to LAGROSSESIMONE for taking the time to explain and help a total stranger with this build. thanks so much for trying to help me I am not there yet but i will be
I'm working on making this build in SC atm, can anyone give input on my gear?

been looking a tthis build for some times now and even tried to do a replica of the build in pastebin. where do u get the last 1 fire / light resi from so it be 82 ? created items out from urs but my pastebind gives me 81 80 81 resistance
Life is short. Do something about it!
"
LordDrikos wrote:
been looking a tthis build for some times now and even tried to do a replica of the build in pastebin. where do u get the last 1 fire / light resi from so it be 82 ? created items out from urs but my pastebind gives me 81 80 81 resistance

You took Unnatural Calm and Barbarism nodes ? They both give +1% max Lightning and Fire res.

Anyway, this build looks dope and thanks to LAGROSSESIMONE I'm going for it.
I have tried everything and my character still feels so squishy. I die to everything and my dps seems to be lacking. Is there anyway you can take a look to see where I have gone wrong? It would be much appreciated.

https://pastebin.com/MPBzswEw
"
Roldy93 wrote:
I have tried everything and my character still feels so squishy. I die to everything and my dps seems to be lacking. Is there anyway you can take a look to see where I have gone wrong? It would be much appreciated.

https://pastebin.com/MPBzswEw

In order ...

1. You are "low level". This build start to show is true potential at lvl 90-92 ;
2. The tree version you are using is completly outdated.
3. You have some flat fire dmg that fuck up all your EE setup ;
4. In terme of items :
- The belt choice is wrong. You need a shaped base with "16-20% Energy shield recovery rate" affixe on it. It's a must have ;
- Death Door is an outdated choice. Since we can have anti corrupted blood on jewel, we can simply manage anti-bleed with flask. So you should rely on a high ES paire of boots. Sin Trek is a good budget choice. Otherwise go for a rare paire ;
- Memory Vault should have 190+ mana / 150+ES at very least ;
- Shaper's Touch should have a +2 AOE or Aura corruption on it ;
- Get higher roll on Prism Guardian ;
- Rings should have at very least : 40+str / 40+intel / 40+ES / 40+mana
* 1 with as much dex as you need in your requirment ;
* 2 with a flat cold or light dmg to attack
- Bottle Faith is way too expensive for the benefit that it provide. Imo a magic Sulphure flask with an anti statut ailment and some duration or charge recovery rate should be way more flexible ;
5. Switch bandit reward for +2 skills ;
6. On the ground of your gems setups :
- You PoF is only lvl 20. You should have a lvl 21.
- Storm Brand provide more crit chance than Orb of storm. Both can be lvl 1 it's only a matter of procing EO and EE on boss ;
- With a flat cold or light dmg affixe on ring, you will be able to free 1 sock in your Shield Charge setup, and then make it a 3L setup. This alow you to swith your Orb of Storm or Storm Brand setup in a 4L. As a 4th link then you can add Arcane Surge support lvl 7 max.
- Your SR setup is bad. Switch Empower with Swift Afflication.
To make it clear ... If you want to know if it is worthy to play Empower you just have to do a quick comparaison. Empower make you basicaly play in a 5L setup but just change the final level of your gem. So check ou the base average dmg of your SR gems at the final lvl. Then compare it to the average dmg of your SR lvl without Empower. If the difference match or surpass the % provided by the normal 6th support gem, then use Empower, otherwise, don't do it.
Here, you need, at very least, a lvl 21 SR and an Empower 4.
- In SR, switch Controled Destruction for Infused Channeling.

For the tree, look at this pastebin : https://pastebin.com/7zJzsW9c
It's a fin example of an extremly ballanced character lvl 91, with super cheap stuff (no watcher eye, no shavronne, enlighten 2, lvl 18 gem, PoF 20, only perfect low roll uniques and items, etc.). So anyone who follow exactly this path can't end up with lower stat than this. If you don't get better stat than this then you do something wrong.
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Apr 10, 2019, 11:54:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info