[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

"
mkdnpna wrote:
I wonder what are pros/cons for having 6L RF + 4L SR vs 6L SR + 4L RF
Also I wanna try pure RF build but I'm having doubts if its viable at all.

From one of my previous answer to this question :
"
Why this 6L switch ?

If you have looked the RF ladderboard in Delve, most of them are playing a 6L VRF setup. With this, 6L VRF became in a way a sorte of "meta" setup for Guardian LL RF build.
It is certainly a realy efficient setup for Delve. It brings a lot of AOE dmg, and increase the quality of the gameplay in Delve and the clear speed instances. So, it's more or less understandable to see this setup becoming meta for Delve.

For your question about pure RF build, it will be a much more clear speed oriented build. RF is good, but not the best skill for single target dps. So boss may be long to kill.

Imo, in order to make it works, you only need to support it with multiple curse.

In 2.6 I started to play RF with a pure RF setup. Things have changed since 2.6, but the old Yalani's RF guide topic may help you to get some ideas.

Imo, if I had to go for a pure RF build, I would try to mix three things :
- 2-3 curse in the build that can came from 3 differents sources. Curse on hit gem setup, curse on hit corruption on gloves, and Witchfire brew. I will not consider a blasphemy possibility while it will be extremly hard, almost impossible to add one because of mana reservation.
- Try to play with Shavronne Revelation. So this will imply having a 0 mana cost on Shield Charge and Orb of Storm. So this imply having a dual Clarity Watcher's Eye (mana conversion in ES, and the -13 mana cost) and keeping OoS lvl 1.
Hi, i've been following the guide since last league.

I'm still trying to buy the Watcher's Eyes jewel. But other than that i am switching from original skill tree to LAGROSSESIMONE's one.

I have 7948 energy shield and 2754 unreserved mana. I want to reach to the numbers of the build.

Can somenoe help me to improve my character?

Edit: I am getting error to share the pastebin.

If you can see my profile my character name is Justixa.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by emrediktas on Nov 23, 2018, 3:37:06 PM

Sorry for the second post, i just figured out how to link it.

I'm still trying to buy the Watcher's Eyes jewel. But other than that i am switching from original skill tree to LAGROSSESIMONE's one.

I have 7948 energy shield and 2754 unreserved mana. I want to reach to the numbers of the build.

Can somenoe help me to improve my character?

Edit: I am getting error to share the pastebin.
Last edited by Ducktheplan on Nov 23, 2018, 5:13:05 PM
here's my updated stats:

i'm able to reach 18.3k ES and 113Kx5 Freeze pulse.

Awesome build!!!!

A item i noticed that boosts ES and DMG if slotted in the right spot.
Spoiler

with the right gears and jewels i'm able to fight end game contents and clear maps with ease.

edit: with zzang's edit i was able to reach 266kx5 DPS with freeze pulse and now have the dps needed for end game maps!!! TY!!!!

Last edited by mqta1964 on Nov 25, 2018, 4:41:16 PM
Hi guys, i want to try this build for next expansion...do you think it will be strong anough for all content ? any nerfs coming or new skill gems that will outdamage this build ? thanks !
"

It's not realy Death Door or Sin Trek. Death Door should be considered as a QoL switch for situation where you are under Vulnerability (map mod or in U.Lab on Font days).

The normal situation for boots is, Sin Trek for a cheap high ES/30 move pair of boots, or some rare boots.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't there be many other possible sources of bleeding at any one time?

I'm not certain how you can prevent bleeding without a pair of Death's Door. I do see you have a Watcher's Eye with No Vulnerability with Determination.
Hello guys. I'm looking for help. I've followed this guide pretty much tightly. I do have all jewels needed / watcher's / close rings etc. There come my question why do I have 3x lower damage with scorching ray comparing to guide ? I have all jewels 21/20, also few 21/23. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm having problems with T16 map bosses and Shaper becouse of lack of damage. Here's my pastebin https://pastebin.com/QcHWNH1p. Thanks in advance for help , really appreciate. Regards !! (I do have skill points instead of Oak becouse I didn't have enough mana, but that doesn't explain my damage)
Last edited by patrykon on Nov 30, 2018, 6:41:21 PM
Hi LAGROSSESIMONE!) lookink for advice again. Links for POB is not working (except for Freezing Pulse) and i am looking for right config POEB to see actucal numbers of my RF setup. Could u?) https://pastebin.com/NgphjbZ1
Hey guys,

Sorry I won't do some individual PoB check-up until Betrayal launch. Our RF were transeferd to std, and most of you guys won't play those character anymore, so it may be more or less useless to take time and do a complet review on character that you will leave behind you.

----------------------

As you all noticed, the Patch note has been released. And we can see a bit more accuratly what will change for us now.

As a quick resume :

"
[...]Vaal Discipline, Vaal Impurity of Fire, [...] Vaal Righteous Fire [...] are now all instant, with a very short cooldown.

This is a QOL buff. We now can cast VRF and VDisci without stoping our SR or our movement skills.

And tree changes :

"
Faith and Steel (near the Templar) now also grants 10% increased Energy Shield Recharge Rate.

"This is a buff".

So basicaly, there is absolutly no change in this build. It's as strong as before, with even some little QOL buff.
New uniques may change the stuff setup, but only if they buff the build.

"
Hayrich wrote:
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't there be many other possible sources of bleeding at any one time?

I'm not certain how you can prevent bleeding without a pair of Death's Door. I do see you have a Watcher's Eye with No Vulnerability with Determination.

Yes, what you are saying it's absolutly true. There is multiple source of bleeding in this game
We should mention, in a uncomplet liste :
- Puncture with 100% ;
- Lacerate 20% chance ;
- Vulnerability 20% chance on hit ;
- Chance to bleed support ;
- Certains base of Thrist swords (like Dragoon Sword) ;
- Certains traps in lab ;
And probably more sources.

But as you can see, not all monster use Puncture or Lacerate. And we can exclude support gems from this situation, or implicite from certains items.
So this leave us with no so much situation that may inflict bleed to your character.

Except one situation, this bleeding can be fully tanked as long as you have :
- A high ES pool ;
- A high "Net life regen" (cf PoB).

The only exception to this, is the situation I was talking about, which is when you are cursed with Vulnerability.
It's a specific situation because of 2 things :
- While under Vulnerability curse, every source of bleed will be buffed. And a strong hit that inflict bleed under vulnerability may be deadly. This makes this curse extremly annoying in practice ;
- Vulnerability provide 20% chance to inflict bleed with a physical attack. So any attacks may inflict bleed to your character.
So this curse makes bleeding extremly anoying and makes flask management way more anoying.

For example. Lets consider we are in Lab on a Font day. Then Izaro hit you with one of his specific attack (sunder, leap slam, slam, etc.) and inflict you a bleed because of the 20% chance of bleeding on hit while you are under Vulnerability.
With 10-13k ES and with 600-700 net life regen, we may be dead in 1.5-2sec. Maybe less. So this make this situation extremly dangerous.
This kind of situation can be managed with anti-bleed flask while it's only against Izaro fight, and it's only a 20% risk of geting bleeded. But you have to be aware this solution leave you with an extremly short time of reaction.
Or you can also use an anti-curse flask for the fight before beeing hited.
So this may make the fight a bit dangerous for people who are not realy cautious.

On maps with Vulnerability, bleeding from trash mobs does not degen enought of our life to kill us with the same amount of stats.
Rare mobs may be tricky. Uniques mobs may be dangerous. Bleeding situation should happen way more ofent than in the first example. And you may face some situation where you will be "out of flask chages" for your anti-bleed or anti-curse flask. So here, Death Door is interesting.

Without Vulnerability, being inflicted with bleed should only happen in extremly specifics situations, like agains rare monster that use specifics skill that have a chance to inflict bleeding, on in lab in trap situation (for the most common situations). And while the bleeding isn't buffed, we should be able to tank it. Or at very least, we should have the time to see it and use an anti-bleed flask. In short, this is the same for every build. And while we all know that Death Door is not played on every build, this pair of boots become totaly optional for us.

So to make it simple, situation where bleeding is realy dangerous for this build are extremly specifics, and mostly linked to Vulnerability situations. For other situations, an anti-bleed flask should do the job like on any other build of PoE. So most of the time, we do not need the "anti-bleed" affixe from Death Door.

Considering this, Death Door became, in most situations, a low ES with +40str / 15@ll res / 25 mvoe speed pair of boots. I don't think I need to explain much more to make it clear that a high ES pair of boots with some stats or/and res, and 30 move speed will be better in every situation.
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Dec 5, 2018, 6:18:07 AM
Hi, hoping to get some advice on the build. I seem to have plateaued and I'm not sure where I can improve without spending big $$$$

https://pastebin.com/yN6rVsv6

Last edited by Smitty86 on Dec 5, 2018, 9:59:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info