BuildOfTheWeek [3.5] Righteous Fire Scorching Ray Totems - Uber Elder ✓ HC ✓ Budget ✓ Starter ✓

Hello, thanks for the build! I have been using it as my league starter for Betrayal and am having a lot of fun with it. I have a quick question for you.

I currently have a Tabula and am looking to upgrade my chest. I see that you recommend using LC. I was wondering what you think about using Cloak of Flame instead? It seems to have a little more synergy with this build. First, we take phys as fire damage which is then reduced by our highest res (which somewhat makes up for the higher 10% phys reduction of LC). Also it gives fire res instead of subtracting a ton of lightning res which will make gearing much easier. Also a 6L CoF is significantly cheaper than a 6L LC.

The only downside is the reflected fire damage to melee attackers. This could potentially mess with EE. But I think storm brand (or OoS) will quickly overwrite that.

What are your thoughts? Thanks again for the awesome build!
No yea i meant in the gem socket since im moving purity of fire from it to the ring
Also i do have oak as my bandit i just forgot to change the setting in pob for it.
"
Lpexxt wrote:
can I use the Phoenix shield in this build to increase fire resistance?

You can but I suggest you get the ring I suggest in earlier posts
hey man happy holidays, love your build can u help me take a look on whats wrong with my build? i can somewhat sustain RF with the lv20 purity of fire but i just feel very squishy and how do u have like 3 mil dps on your character on paste bin i only have like 50k anyway would appreciate the help a lot

POB link:
https://pastebin.com/YmcLr0wg
"
crono14 wrote:
"
Eko13 wrote:
Then check what i'm missing...can't tell, should be strong anough to do all content too, i'm used to chain endgame and i feel squishy...and not doing anough dmg.

i don't understand how you totems survive, we got nothing to protect them against AOE, they have no life increased nothing...

You aren't running OoS or Brand for Ele Equilib, which is like most of the build's damage. I have been doing up to T15 maps no problem and I still don't have a 6L yet, I am saving up for one.

finally understood where he got that dmg on POB while i have better items/levels...he have set his dmg on mobs with -53% resists...so yeah that boost a "bit" his dmg...but its not his effective dmg...check "effective dps mod" line.

It's a build with poor dmg for end game, but not bad early/mid game.
i'm feeling a litle squishy doing t15
having trouble with bleeding effects, i have 20 exalted to invest in my build, what items should aim for?
-
Last edited by Some_Day on Dec 29, 2018, 9:38:00 PM
Hey guys, I am quitting this game permanently as I have new obligations and I won't be as committed. Wish you all the best
Last edited by Some_Day on Dec 29, 2018, 10:24:04 PM
"
Some_Day wrote:
Hey guys, I am quitting this game permanently as I have new obligations and I won't be as committed. Wish you all the best

bad news

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info