BuildOfTheWeek [3.5] Righteous Fire Scorching Ray Totems - Uber Elder ✓ HC ✓ Budget ✓ Starter ✓

"
SteKrz wrote:
"
Xenocult wrote:
What would i put in the 1G? Culling?

Are you Path of Building user? If not, you should really try it. As for the green support, I was thinking about Swift Affliction, 44% more Damage over Time at lvl 20.

Which gem would you replace with Swift Affliction?
"
m0000o wrote:
Which gem would you replace with Swift Affliction?

Not counting quality, lvl 20 gems: Burning Damage is 54% more damage, both Efficacy and Ele. Focus are 49% and Controlled Destruction is 44%. The same as Swift Affliction actually. So yeah, Controlled destruction is the best to replace.

And again guys, PoB is a great tool, that can answer most of those questions.
Last edited by SteKrz on Mar 19, 2018, 8:20:50 AM
Hello guys!

I now have a very good gear but can't sustain RF at all...

I 6Led a belly and switched to it obviously, but had to drop the golem.

Then, I switched to the three purities and had to drop vitality.

Do you have any tips on what i should do now?

This is my first time playing RF, much fun but hard to sustain properly

thx!
You need either the golem or vitality to sustain RF. The golem is the better option since it means you can still have all 3 purity buffs. Replace the vitality gem with golem and you should be ok with your gear.
So happy today I vaaled my sr gem and got 21/20 ^^

Any thoughts on my equipment, I feel a little squishy so I run temporal chains / enfeeble as aura.

"
GraissE wrote:

1. Get a ruby flask.
2. Work on regen enchant on your boots. Merc lab is just fine for that.
3. Try to roll 16%+ increased life recovery rate on an ilv 75+ elder leather belt. Buy the base, roll with alts, regal, master craft missing stat. It is basically up to 1.2 multiplier to all your other regeneration.
4. Delirium gloves.
5. Some source or elemental damage for EE with your shield charge (replace mana on one of your rings).
6. If you really want dousing flask, put it on a life flask, and not a fucking granite. While we at it, why your quicksilver flask has no prefix, and your life flask has no suffix? Augmentation orbs were pretty cheap last time I checked.

I'm also not a fan of Doon sceptre. It can be good if you have really high strength, but with 400-500 is not really worth it IMO. Balefire is perfect starting weapon, and once you have your chest linked and regen sorted out - switch to Doryani of similar rare weapon with attack speed.

Edit: piranzo, another person running RF without a ruby flask. I just don't get it.
Last edited by SteKrz on Mar 19, 2018, 1:52:28 PM
"
piranzo wrote:
Any thoughts on my equipment, I feel a little squishy so I run temporal chains / enfeeble as aura.

If you run blasphemy temporal chains - why witchfire brew?

With Pyre you don't want cold damage on your gear (your amulet). It gets converted to fire and mess up your EE. Taste of Hate also give you cold damage, so I would just give up on Pyre, and get a rare with life.

My previous post partly apply to you as well.
Last edited by SteKrz on Mar 19, 2018, 2:03:02 PM
"
m0000o wrote:
You need either the golem or vitality to sustain RF. The golem is the better option since it means you can still have all 3 purity buffs. Replace the vitality gem with golem and you should be ok with your gear.

I tried by putting golem instead of flammability and running again the purities, but I still can't sustain it well...

This may have something to do with Oak's terrible death while doing bandits.

I am going to run a ruby flask in the mean time and try to keep it up all the time :)
Last edited by GraissE on Mar 19, 2018, 3:04:13 PM
"
SteKrz wrote:
"
GraissE wrote:

1. Get a ruby flask.
2. Work on regen enchant on your boots. Merc lab is just fine for that.
3. Try to roll 16%+ increased life recovery rate on an ilv 75+ elder leather belt. Buy the base, roll with alts, regal, master craft missing stat. It is basically up to 1.2 multiplier to all your other regeneration.
4. Delirium gloves.
5. Some source or elemental damage for EE with your shield charge (replace mana on one of your rings).
6. If you really want dousing flask, put it on a life flask, and not a fucking granite. While we at it, why your quicksilver flask has no prefix, and your life flask has no suffix? Augmentation orbs were pretty cheap last time I checked.

I'm also not a fan of Doon sceptre. It can be good if you have really high strength, but with 400-500 is not really worth it IMO. Balefire is perfect starting weapon, and once you have your chest linked and regen sorted out - switch to Doryani of similar rare weapon with attack speed.

Edit: piranzo, another person running RF without a ruby flask. I just don't get it.

Thanks for the very complete answer. Thing is as i said earlier, this is my first RF build ever...
Also if you can get an unset ring with +3 to gem level your Purity of Fire gives you an extra max fire res. Huge help.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info