[3.17] Beerleague's Shockwave Cyclone Slayer - Optimized with Options

"
BeerLeague wrote:
"
deinernst123 wrote:
So what exactly does life recovery rate do for us? does it also increase the amount of leech that we gain? i am confused

Yes, it increases the speed that you leach back to full

I think it's a bit more complicated. Life recovery rate only increases that speed if it is below your maximum leech rate. I think that normal characters with normal dps and some leech on different nodes and items hit that maximum leech rate every time they leech. If that's true, then life recovery rate is meaningless for all characters except slayer. For slayer it also determines how long do your leech instanses work. So increasing your recovery rate is actually detrimental for slayer if I understand it correctly. If your recovery rate goes up, you still recover at your maximum recovery rate but duration of that recovery decreases. However this doesn't matter because all of the recovery rate sources also give something else leech-related, which compensates for the negative effect.
"
IInferno wrote:
i dont know if i go for garbage

I'd suggest installing Path of Building. It completely solves this kind of questions. You can see exact numbers on how much dps any item or node or node cluster give to your particular character with it's current tree, gear and gem setup. You can even create items you don't really have and see their potential effect.

In general you can use "5 phys dmg = 10% increased damage = 3% increased attack speed = 1% more damage" as a rule of thumb for this build. That is what PoB shows for my char.
"
Fortran775 wrote:
"
IInferno wrote:
i dont know if i go for garbage

I'd suggest installing Path of Building. It completely solves this kind of questions. You can see exact numbers on how much dps any item or node or node cluster give to your particular character with it's current tree, gear and gem setup. You can even create items you don't really have and see their potential effect.

In general you can use "5 phys dmg = 10% increased damage = 3% increased attack speed = 1% more damage" as a rule of thumb for this build. That is what PoB shows for my char.

that actually answers my question pretty perfectly thank you. still gonna check out path of building though. Thank you!
I have a The Red Nightmare jewel. Is it good to use for this build for generating endurance charges and if so, should I remove my Cast when Damage Taken + Immortal Call?
"
tkensei wrote:
I have a The Red Nightmare jewel. Is it good to use for this build for generating endurance charges and if so, should I remove my Cast when Damage Taken + Immortal Call?

You wouldn't be generating charges against bosses, where they're the most important. While mapping you can generate charges with leep slam + endurance charge on stun, if you feel you need it.

I guess block chance is nice too, but you can probably get a better rare jewel tbh, and a whole lot of other good things with what that jewel costs.

EDIT:
Speaking about CWDT + IC, any word on whether it interracts with Soul of Arakaali when stopping Blood Rage? Or is it still broken? (with Vaal pact)
Last edited by Trudorc on Apr 28, 2018, 7:19:13 AM
For belt I am using unique the retch for some chaos and more leech. Trying to do haste and a blasphomy curse would this be worth it I lost 900 hp from 8k to 7.1k. want to do grace and haste but Mana is a problem even after lvl 4 enlighten and 3 main note of Mana leech I get stuck sometimes due to Mana broblem. Wanted to use watchers eye that why's. Wondering if it is worth it ? Watchers eye grace movement speed and haste movement recovery speed

About 80 free Mana left to use. Not a problem if I clear maps with it but problem when I boss. If boss tell away I am at 0 Mana.

Sometimes when I put down totem for more dmg I loose dmg on dooltip for cyclone is that normal?

I get about 300k tool tip with tool tip

How important is the Voidheart with the bleed mechanic? I cant see an option to calculate for crimson dance and i cant afford to lose my second resistance ring as long as i use tombfist and kaoms.
PN: Haegar_der_Schreckliche
Hey great build! Im doing pretty good soo far, have downed everything except uber elder which i havent managed to spawn yet. Im just wondering where i could make some upgrades and maybe push my damage a little futher. I was thinking about getting daresso's salute but i was worried about the loss of life leech on carnage heart, maybe its not a problem. Here is my gear soo far. The jewels in my gear are all 6-7% max hp, resistances too get me capped and some kind of dmg mod.

"
Hey great build! Im doing pretty good soo far, have downed everything except uber elder which i havent managed to spawn yet. Im just wondering where i could make some upgrades and maybe push my damage a little futher. I was thinking about getting daresso's salute but i was worried about the loss of life leech on carnage heart, maybe its not a problem. Here is my gear soo far. The jewels in my gear are all 6-7% max hp, resistances too get me capped and some kind of dmg mod.

I'm not an expert, but better jewels would probably be the most simple and cost-effective investment. They all need to have attack speed on them. Daresso's ammy should be the next step, but it requires getting a lot of int somewhere. Probably on rings, since your rings aren't particulary rich with stats. 20 int can be gained for free on your passive tree if you take an extra jewel instead of "By the Blade" passive. "BtB" gives me about 5% of real damage. Good jewel gives 4% and extra life. Easy trade. You also miss enchantments on your boots and helm.
Last edited by Fortran775 on Apr 29, 2018, 5:35:50 AM
Hi, love the build. Respecced from another cyclone build. But could you explain to me what kind of gem links you use when you boss? I didn't understand that paragraph. Thx!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info