[3.17] Beerleague's Shockwave Cyclone Slayer - Optimized with Options

"
RawDamage wrote:
"
BeerLeague wrote:

Flat phys from rings, abyss jewels and a more multiplier from Lion's Roar is a gigantic boost to your dps.

I've adjusted phys rolls on rings to T1 and added Lion's Roar in pob, anyway 450k dsp.
https://pastebin.com/vwFA3CRr
Any suggestions? Or absence of abyss jewels cause 500k dps loss?

Abyss jewels add a crap ton, but you arnt going to see 1m dps in PoB w/o nearly perfect gear. More likely w/ top end gear it will show around 7-800k. With that said though, it does a pretty bad job of calculating DPS for cyclone.
"
Angren1991 wrote:
got a 500% starforge with my first divine =D.

My question is, I want to use this build for uber elder farming. Should I switch my ancestral warchief in my gloves with my sword slot out, cause I cant stun uber elder ?

Yeah, not worth it to keep endurance charge on bossing.
"
Fortran775 wrote:
"
RawDamage wrote:

Any suggestions? Or absence of abyss jewels cause 500k dps loss?

I think you should add your totem dmg to your cyclone dmg. Like PoB in my "uber elder fight" configuration shows 660k vs shaper/guardians for cyclone and 368k for Ancestral Warchief, which successfully sums to over 1kk.

Speaking of that "uber elder fight" configuration. I've finally killed them. Was NOT easy for me. First attempt was like hitting a brick wall. I felt that no amount of DPS can help me there because my weak ARPG skills often kill me even before I start hitting anything. After burning a few sets I finally respecced myself to Vaal Pact and equipped a Purity of Ice aura. Then I've watched some youtube with a starforge cyclon scion killing them with like 1/10 of my gear value. Then after burning like 3 more sets I've finally managed it on my last portal.

Some thoughts about the build:
1. Vaal Pact is good! I've comfortly killed everything except UE without it. Then picked it and now I don't want to look back.
2. Mana reservation. I have vulnerability on my gloves and lvl4 enlighten. This allows me to pick any two of grace, determination and haste and still have 84 unreserved mana. I've tried and found that 84 mana is comfortable enough. Like I can take grace+determination with 8% physresist watcher's eye for harder physical maps or grace+haste with +movespeed watcher's eye for easier maps.
3. There is a lot of nonphysical damage in this game) Before vaal pact I had 40k armor and 90% phys resist in my hideout before flasks and panteon. Trading half of that and 10% life regen for vaal pact happened to be a suprisignly good trade.

Anyways, I am very gratefull for this build. Its nice and smooth, but its definitely NOT an easy uber elder for everyone) I am glad I pushed that abomination out of my atlas and I don't want to fight it again anytime soon. Thank goodness I've got a superlucky drop from him)

Good advice.

Vaal pact is not optional IMO, its mandatory. It has zero downsides on slayer w/ worm pot.
"
Drexl27 wrote:
Any advice on what gear I should upgrade next (I have over 40ex in currency to spend), or if I should switch any passives? My current problem is that T16+ bosses are taking super long to kill - haven't tried Shaper or Uber Elder yet, but Red Elder also takes a really long time to get into the second phase.

Thanks!

Better rings. Both of them are lacking T1 life and one has no phys roll at all.
"
BeerLeague wrote:
"
Drexl27 wrote:
Any advice on what gear I should upgrade next (I have over 40ex in currency to spend), or if I should switch any passives? My current problem is that T16+ bosses are taking super long to kill - haven't tried Shaper or Uber Elder yet, but Red Elder also takes a really long time to get into the second phase.

Thanks!

Better rings. Both of them are lacking T1 life and one has no phys roll at all.

That's what I've been going for but unfortunately these type of rings just do not exist in Bestiary.
Yes, now I figured out what I've missed:
- totem damage adds a lot to total DSP
- helm enchant
- shock from jewel
- intimidate from tombfist
With all this adjustments dsp jumps from ~500k to 940k shaper dps with 20/20 gems(without steel rings). So, in general it's ok for me, because my gear is not perfect.

Thanks to all who answered to my question.
Last edited by RawDamage on Apr 26, 2018, 3:13:59 AM
"
RawDamage wrote:

- shock from jewel

I don't think PoB calculates shock correctly. It gives 50% more dmg on that "enemy shocked" checkbox. This is wrong since 3.0 changed shock. Shock now scales with dmg/maxhp. You need to hit for 0.2% of monster max life for each 1% of "more dmg" with a cap of 50% more at 10% dmg/maxph. I've googled that shaper has 20m hp and my PoB shows me 46k dmg for a single hit. So for shaper I barely reach that 0.2% threshold for 1% extra dmg from shock. I probably get like 2% for guardians and maybe even flat zero for UE. So that "enemy shocked" checkbox is probably completely worthless unless you have troubles killing white mobs.

With that being said I still intend to keep my 10% chance to shock boots enchantment. My totem's average hit is 86k vs shaper, which should shock him for like 2% more dmg. And that totem is supported by ruthless so I hope there are some rare bigger hits with like 5+% of shock effect.
Last edited by Fortran775 on Apr 26, 2018, 8:20:14 AM
Is brutality really worth not using Sin's Rebirth / Atziri's promise?
"
Trudorc wrote:
Is brutality really worth not using Sin's Rebirth / Atziri's promise?

I thnink yes, because PoB shows me about 28% less dmg for switching brutality for the best possible replacement gem (which is faster attacks). With both of those flasks active together I'd get only 17% of extra dmg over what I have with brutality unless I also get a lot of %increased chaos dmg.
Last edited by Fortran775 on Apr 26, 2018, 4:26:44 PM
So if you were to go tombfist gloves and bubonic boots what gem set up should you use?

assuming both are 2 abyssal sockets.

Also. Assuming you run both. is it better to use the 4 different types of abyssal jewels in order to get the most out of the boots 10% per type or try stacking murderous since they can roll double flat phys dmg.

right now i have a murderous and a searching in the gloves but i dont know if i go for garbage hypnotic/ghastly for the boots to get 20% dmg or if i should get two more murderous for the extra flat phys.

I also notice you list some flasks but don't really discuss them much. in terms of which affizes we should have on the 3 non unique flasks
Last edited by IInferno on Apr 27, 2018, 5:42:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info