[3.17] Beerleague's Shockwave Cyclone Slayer - Optimized with Options

"
imnotacrook wrote:
I hope this question wasn't asked earlier, but if it was I apologize for the repeat.

Is anybody else having issues with mana sustain? The dps on my cyclone is over 100k so I'm pretty sure my damage is okay and I have the leech node, but I'm not sustaining mana on single targets like bosses. Do I need leech enchant on boots?

Some of it may just be cyclone play style. You kinda have to learn to tap it and not hold it down
"
BeerLeague wrote:

Tooltip is a terrible calculation for cyclone, but around 140k IIRC. PoB shows 1.1m shaper dps

I loaded your character in PoB and it's showing me 171k Shaper DPS (not average but total). I'm new to cyclone, is there a toggle or something in PoB that I need to turn on to show the damage correctly?
Last edited by Gevrael on Apr 18, 2018, 1:24:38 PM
"
BeerLeague wrote:
"
deeferg wrote:
"
eljason wrote:
[

Edit: If I'm using brutality the chaos damage will be null?

I prefer smth like this instead of retch. Rustic sash or leather belt would be great, also it's not really expensive. As far as i know, the retch itself still can deal chaos damage, but anyway it's not really worth it, cos the leech with this build is too low to really make use of this belt.

Actually the damage is a crap ton on the build as it has a silly amount of leach. Also, retch is more damage, more flask effect and more MS, I honestly don't see why you wouldnt use it for mapping if you are not going to use a Vice.

Correct me if im wrong, but retch will stop dealing chaos damage when we achieve full hp, so we actually need to keep getting hit to be able to leech and deal any decent damage with it.
"
deeferg wrote:
honestly don't see why you wouldnt use it for mapping if you are not going to use a Vice.

Correct me if im wrong, but retch will stop dealing chaos damage when we achieve full hp, so we actually need to keep getting hit to be able to leech and deal any decent damage with it.[/quote]

This is not correct. With slayers (or scions) overleach, the damage from the retch never stops as we technically never stop leaching.

For DPS and speed, Retch can not be beat, however it isnt great for extended fights or for EhP.
"
Gevrael wrote:
"
BeerLeague wrote:

Tooltip is a terrible calculation for cyclone, but around 140k IIRC. PoB shows 1.1m shaper dps

I loaded your character in PoB and it's showing me 171k Shaper DPS (not average but total). I'm new to cyclone, is there a toggle or something in PoB that I need to turn on to show the damage correctly?

You are probably not hitting all of the toggles. Also, IIRC my character is wearing increased AoE rather than conc, which would need to be switched, same for the blood rage gem. With the correct toggles on, PoB will show 800k or so on my guy, however even then, the calculation isnt correct, PoB just doesnt calculate the hits for cyclone correctly.
My feedback after The Retch, I'm doing swap before bosses and I can say it made bosses easier, the first elder's phase was so fast even with Carnage Heart, I don't know if other smths Rustic Sash would be better.

This swap brings me a deathless elder fight.

About the mana, I'm learning to tap and not hold.
I changed Daresso's Salute to Carnage Heart. I felt a little less damage and the area is slightly smaller, since I get off the plus 30 int from tree. now I have 6.3k life, also I'm about to get off the node Mana Leech to put in any life node. May Carnage Heart remain for a long.

All I can say I'm having so much fun with HH in this build! I run like a crazy bayblade.

Thx for all replies!
Last edited by eljason on Apr 19, 2018, 6:42:55 AM
"
BeerLeague wrote:

You are probably not hitting all of the toggles. Also, IIRC my character is wearing increased AoE rather than conc, which would need to be switched, same for the blood rage gem. With the correct toggles on, PoB will show 800k or so on my guy, however even then, the calculation isnt correct, PoB just doesnt calculate the hits for cyclone correctly.

Thanks, I'll see if I can't make it look more accurate!
Hello,

I'm following this build and having super fun. thank you for the work!

Right now I have two questions:

1) Some people are arguing that Champion is superior to Slayer for this build, since the Overleech is not really necessary and Champion is super tanky. Would agree? If not, what is the downside of Champion in comparison to slayer?

2) With my current gear, the build feels a bit "clunky" if I may say. What I mean by that is that I'm super slow while cyclone is active and the time between letting the cyclone button go and the skill actually stopping is huge, so it's sometimes hard to manoeuvre, do you know what I mean? Is that because my attackspeed is yet to low or something like that?

Thank you in advance!

---

What would you recommend me to dump my precious exalted into at this point? Got destroyed by 1shots in the shaper's realm :|
Last edited by HarryPothead on Apr 19, 2018, 5:05:33 PM
Hey I was just wondering what you thought about using a biscos collar and a biscos leash for mapping? The rampage should make up for the +2 range amulet for clearing!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info