[3.17] Beerleague's Shockwave Cyclone Slayer - Optimized with Options

Hi sorry didn't saw it in the past posts and im new with the slayer, which is your path for the ascendencies ?
What weapon to use when we can't afford starforge yet?
"
eljason wrote:
Yeay! Killed 2 Elders, almost 3 deaths in each one, because lower than 6k life...

Here is my PoB:
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/RnrDVTsL

As you can see, I'm missing about 14%life from 2 jewels where I'm using ManaLeech and Int.
I'm doing this leech because, when I'm buffed from HH and attacking so fast the mana sustain goes away pretty fast, this still ok only affects the mapping, when I'm killing the boss if I go for blood rage I only can reach the sustain with this jewels, is this ok? What I can improve to mana don't become a problem?

In general this build is so good! and even using diferents itens from the guide, I'm killing all 16's boss with no problems, just dont put some lethal mods Kappa.

I still looking foward to put a Tombfist, but this means new rings also a 2slot tomb, also my gloves aren't so bad I guess.

More life. Also, the build does not benefit all that much from a HH. If purely mapping, I vastly prefer Retch.
"
Fortran775 wrote:
Thank you very much again for the build. Its much smoother then all I had before!

I got some weird ideas about surviving and leveling. I am kinda clumsy and reckless as a player so I die a lot. I was trying to fix that and also test an absurd idea. I've put on both grace and determination auras with a determination's watcher's eye and made myself a passive tree full of +% armor and phys resist. Now I have to survive with 82 mana. This is actually not that painfull because I can always leech a bit with a leap slam. The bright side of that is having 37k armor and 89% phys resist before flasks and panteon. This 89% is a lie, since the game calculates it for low dmg stuff. But PoB shows me 57% resist vs 5000 dmg hits and I got flasks and panteon on top of that. Now I can facetank shaper's teleport attack.

The other funny thing is that I still don't have vaal pact. I have 10% life regen, which allows me to clear no leech maps. I accidenly created myself a 8 mod summit with some dmg mods, boss health mods, boss aoe mods and no leech and cleared it without changing flasks/gems. Died once to bleeding which I forgot to care about) I'd use a bleeing flask, remove bloodrage and add a vaal clarity next time I go into no leech, but I'd go there)

Slayer is immune to bleeding, so that shouldn't be an issue. If you are having survivalibly problems, I suggest making sure you have T1 life on every possible roll before moving on.
"
Kalt13008 wrote:
cyclopean coil can be a good option for Uber elder.

You gain a freeze immunity , a decent amount of stats (up to 15%) decent amount of life(up to 120 life), and between 20/25% increase damage from your lowest attribute.
If you can use it and keep your resist capped , this can be a really good option IMO.

It works, but IMO it is better to simply learn the fight. The freeze move is pretty telegraphed and as long as you are spinning, it cant hit you. Also, always (when dpsing elder) pay close attention to where shaper is aiming, move back and forth across the screen to pull elder away from the balls, when the beam starts, dps. You should be able to phase each of them in one beam rotation.
"
theFoffo wrote:
Aight, I killed uber elder. It was horrible. Did it with Kaom's Roots, put CWDT + IC into my starforge (4 linked for leap slam and 2 linked for this and other setups, moved grace and flame golem to gloves) and used a Devoto's Devotion with Enligten liv 4 + Blood Rage + Purity of Ice + Empower liv 3 and a "20% less mana reserved for Purity of Ice" enchant.

Had 7750 HP and it was still really hard, first portal I tried without CWDT + IC and got two shot by the shaper's melee attacks, managed to get the kill when I had only another portal remaining.

Never again, but so happy I pulled it off :D Now only need to kill Uber Atziri with this character, then I'll make another one.

Build is great fun and very strong!

That is very strange to me. I've done the fight 30-40 times on the characters and never really had any issues except just lack of paying attention and dying to a slam. Worst case scenario, just let warcheif do the work for you.
"
Fortran775 wrote:
"
eljason wrote:
I only can reach the sustain with this jewels, is this ok? What I can improve to mana don't become a problem?

I'm not an expert, but thats surely not ok. I have only one 0.38% mana leech source on my ring and thats enough to sustain cyclone as long as it hits something. I have only 82 mana so I can cast only one 45mana cyclone from that and I have no mana problems.

He is using HH, which is not good for this build and makes his IAS go through the roof. Normally, one leech node, or affix will do the trick.
"
moumout wrote:
Hi sorry didn't saw it in the past posts and im new with the slayer, which is your path for the ascendencies ?

It doesn't matter to much to be honest as the build can do uber lab as soon as you hit 75 w/o any issues. But using the top two paths, left, right, right, left.
"
pranzikkin wrote:
What weapon to use when we can't afford starforge yet?

It is mentioned in the OP. Use the axe tree when leveling and just buy axes as you level.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/List_of_unique_axes#Two_Hand_Axes

Use this as a buying guide, as soon as you hit a new level and can use the axe, but it. Each are like 1 alch. Hezmana's Bloodlust is good enough to do almost all content.
"
BeerLeague wrote:
Slayer is immune to bleeding, so that shouldn't be an issue. If you are having survivalibly problems, I suggest making sure you have T1 life on every possible roll before moving on.

Slayer is not immune to bleeding on a "no leech" map! Thats where I died to bleeding)

My survivability problems come from my poor ARPG skills and poor game knoweledge combined with desire to try harder things. So I die to things like guardians with nasty map mods or scripted invulnerable things like lava lake boss or just stupidly not avoiding some easily avoidable instakill. I am fine with dieing) But many ppl were discussing switching to determination as a possible survivability aid. I tried combining determination with grace and found it very viable so I posted it here as a suggestion for those people.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info