Recent Serverside Performance Improvements and Super Stash Sale

Performance optimisations are always a good thing, because more fps > slightly shinier gfx.
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on Feb 2, 2018, 6:58:31 AM
Now to hope client performance optimizations are coming..

The client regularly goes wild with CPU performance, consuming 30-60% of my CPU (6850K, 6C/12T).

Despite this, just something as simple as an abyss will destroy the framerate. FPS regularly drops into the low 40's from 150+. GPU (1080 Ti) is hardly being used during this time.

Turning settings down doesn't seem to make a real difference.

afaik, this is a problem the game's had since release. DX11 and engine multithreading were supposed to make it better.. but performance difference between DX9 single threaded and DX11 multithreaded is like 20%, despite using 2-5x more CPU cores.

Just doesn't make any sense why the game runs so bad after all these years of improvements.

Put a full content block in place, just work on fixes, improvements and optimization. QoL features we've asked for since beta (ex. right click driving, skill assignment retention on weapon swap, multiple skillbars/more hotkeys, auto-item stacking, transferring equipped items, weapon swapping/item moving when in vendor window, etc..) are still nowhere in sight.

It's been over 5 years and the core game is still barely any different than it was in alpha.

So, please, seriously look into improving this.
I don't mean to sound rude, but I can't help the way people interpret my words.
Last edited by DAOWAce on Feb 4, 2018, 9:52:35 AM
"
Baron01 wrote:
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
"
Sickness wrote:
Here's a crazy idea, what if you just removed the shit drops that 100% of players filter out anyways?

Like some kind of casual ARPG that hands everything to you? Didn't Blizzard make one like that?

Imaginaerum must have reading comprehension issues. Original quote simply pointed out that the game is littered with 10s and 100s of useless items that never show for players using filters. I assume anyone who spends more than few hours in PoE will use some form of filters. Any seasoned PoE players will use very aggressive filters that show fraction of items (fraction meaning 1 or 2% of any drops, maybe 5% top).

GGG should finally get their act together and look at the loot tables. Remove all low-level item basis, remove magic drops in maps (NOONE CARES), review drop rates to stay at same levels. This would greatly reduce amount of trash that drops, which would directly improves performance of PoE servers--this week's fixes were aimed at exactly this specific issue.

This is not asking for better drops, this is just asking to keep current drop rates but removing all the shit that drops "unseen" by players.

Tired of Abyss I just went back to D3 for a bit to try and get some stuff before their season is up, and let me tell you what a pleasure it is to not have to deal with any 'performance issues.' You ever run in to like 20 treasure goblins and kill all of them at just about he same time and roughly 500 items pop? No lag, no freezing, and no issues.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Last edited by cgexile on Feb 2, 2018, 8:29:00 AM
Glad to hear about server side work. I have all the computer money can buy and I have fps issues. I am running this game in lowest graphic settings. I am able to run BF1 at 144hz without fall off. Something must be wrong here.

Lately, I have had trouble connecting to servers as well.

Love to hear fixes going on.
Stash sale again?!!

Finally, it's time to buy another supporter pack!!
"
TheWoodsy wrote:
Now all you need is a new host. Softlayer is really shitting the bed with network performance and peering for the last few years and it's only getting worse.

thiss
The Fragment tab is just greedy, sorry. Fragments are a Pita to handle and the function of this tab would be quite welcome. But I had expected it to be part of the already expensive map tab or at least to be priced like the other niche tabs at 40 coins.
"
Arh_Cayos54 wrote:
I don't even say anything about 'performance optimization' or patches which they try to improve something - because i have no words.
Some guy in their 'graphic team' or whenever he is, or whoeverhe is, dont understand his mistakes or dont know where problem is. He recently (after Perandus was released) make same mistake over and over and over again in every next league - even now in this league. That's what logic says to me - i'm not knowledgable and expert in this matter but i think i dont need to know whole knowlegde from books to know this - to know something isn't right with this..

I have no potato PC and this game freezes everytime when i fight with large amount of abyss monsters, in lich boss fights, and abyss box - i dont even say anything about lich fights in abysses where i come to fight, nearly kill boss and my game freezes because of some reason (to much density of his spike skill? to much mobs on the screen? Man, you must think about it, not peoples from forum..) - before, in Perandus for example, this game was laggy as f*** where you fight with Perandus mobs. In large amount of time when Breach was released ppl saying them - "Hey guys, this game crashes and freezes, maybe do something with this?" and what "We try to solve all problems but now we are working on something else, more important".. Man i'm not blaming this people for anything. I really like this game, that's why i'm frustrate about this, because i can't play smoothly this game and I dont even need smooth gameplay c'mon.. - only because of that.
Ahh yea, I dont need stable frames even, I want to play this game without constans freezes, after this i must reboot game and jump again with hope my map isn't broken or removed from server... Really guys, i only want play this game without this whole problems every f****** league is released.

And I'm totally agree with guy who says things about items - this is next 'black whole' in this game..

What is your PC setup? You said it's not a Potatoe one, but there you stopped without closer specifications.
I am asking, just because I don't have an extreme gaming pc and yet the game is absolutely smooth for me, incl. breaches, abyss, etc. (by that I don't say that I don't have time from time horrible lagspikes, but it's nothing like you describe).
Back in the days when I had my previous older PC, I had constant crashes on Dominus fight, like 99% of time, I barely could get past him, then I upgraded my RAM and GPU, all crashes gone.

Another reason might be your PC Drivers, GPU Driver, etc. (if you have the latest ones, try to downgrade to previous one, to the one you had before the issues started for you.) Latest is not always the best.

Ah, yes, and also try to change DX settings.
Playing for joy ♥

If interested, check out my Hideout(s): /view-thread/2226019
Last edited by Moribundus on Feb 2, 2018, 12:55:03 PM
"
DAOWAce wrote:
Now to hope client performance optimizations are coming..

The client regularly goes wild with CPU performance, consuming 30-60% of my CPU (6850K, 6C/12T).

Despite this, just something as simple as an abyss will destroy the framerate. FPS regularly drops into the low 40's from 150+. GPU (1080 Ti) is hardly being used during this time.

Turning settings down doesn't seem to make a real difference.

afaik, this is a problem the game's had since release. DX11 and engine multithreading were supposed to make it better.. but performance difference between DX9 single threaded and DX11 multithreaded is like 20%, despite using 2-5x more CPU cores.

Just doesn't make any sense why the game runs so bad after all these years of improvements.

Put a full content block in place, just work on fixes, improvements and optimization. QoL features we've asked for since beta (ex. right click driving, skill assignment retention on weapon swap, multiple skillbars/more hotkeys auto-item stacking, transferring equipped items, weapon swapping/item moving when in vendor window, etc..) are still nowhere in sight.

It's been over 5 years and the core game is still barely any different than it was in alpha.

So, please, seriously look into improving this.

Put a full content block in place
- made my day :D

Sorry, I don't laugh upon you, you wrote very precise facts, sad facts.
I rather laugh-cried upon the imagination of how GGG stops putting out new content and instead FINALY F**KING FIX THE GAME CONS that are present SINCE EVER.

Quite hilarious illusion :(

TL&DR
it wont happen.
Playing for joy ♥

If interested, check out my Hideout(s): /view-thread/2226019
Good job on those improvements guys!
The Fragments Stash is really helpful, and not too expensive imho. But, how about a new stash tab for Unique Jewels ? - as I have a full tab occupied by them, don't know if its possible to achieve it thou... meh,you know how it is, the more options you give us, the lazier we get :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info