[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
1benjy1 wrote:
"
Ixnayd wrote:
"
1benjy1 wrote:
Hmm frost blades got a 25% dps boost, dmg scale went from 140>175%. Should counter a lot of the nerfs to put it on par with stronger builds.
With this new ward mechanic and maybe auto ward on dmg flask? seems like this might be an interesting league.

What do you reckon @fiver my friend? I think I might return to my old favourite in these uncertain times. XD

Cold conduction RIP. Did you calculate new FB manacost?.. Nerf onslaught by 50%

Man i think we are hardly fcked.

Well everyone got nerfed, but FB is hit less than some at least.

Well, as for this build, it got nerfed heavily. I don't think the changes to Frost Blades are going to make a significant difference, considering all the other nerfs.

The changes to raider makes the Avatar of Slaughter path useless now. It will be Avatar of the Veil by default, but even that one is nerfed.

The changes to flasks are huge. Some flasks, like Lion's Roar, are completely destroyed.

The changes to support gem mana multipliers is probably one of the bigger nerfs, since it means it will be a lot harder, if not impossible, to use supreme ego together with herald+hatred now and still sustain mana.

All the support gems themselves have been butchered hard.

Cold Conduction (and stormrider by proxy) are now useless. Like literally useless.

Changes to base evasion are bad, since it's harder to cap evasion now.

I'm probably forgetting a bunch of other things too.
There's very little positive in this patch for this build. I'm not even sure if I'm playing this league, but we'll see.

This patch is a HUGE nerf for this build.

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Jul 21, 2021, 8:23:40 AM
"
Fiver wrote:

There's very little positive in this patch for this build. I'm not even sure if I'm playing this league, but we'll see.

*Sigh*
Maybe 2h slayer version still playable?..
You have a FB follower on a duelist forum tree:D
Last edited by Ixnayd on Jul 21, 2021, 8:38:21 AM
"
I'm not even sure if I'm playing this league, but we'll see.

Spoiler
There are other builds to play you know ;)

Swedish PoE-society needs your kindness online even this league :-*
"
Fiver wrote:

Well, as for this build, it got nerfed heavily. I don't think the changes to Frost Blades are going to make a significant difference, considering all the other nerfs.

The changes to raider makes the Avatar of Slaughter path useless now. It will be Avatar of the Veil by default, but even that one is nerfed.

The changes to flasks are huge. Some flasks, like Lion's Roar, are completely destroyed.

The changes to support gem mana multipliers is probably one of the bigger nerfs, since it means it will be a lot harder, if not impossible, to use supreme ego together with herald+hatred now and still sustain mana.

All the support gems themselves have been butchered hard.

Cold Conduction (and stormrider by proxy) are now useless. Like literally useless.

Changes to base evasion are bad, since it's harder to cap evasion now.

Nooo! don't give up still mate :) Your my favorite streamer haha! Frost blades will survive !! We believe in you :). Nightblade got buffed and Ice bite and added cold was not even touched :)
Last edited by tacata69 on Jul 22, 2021, 1:58:19 AM
Well, PoB says that everything not as bad as i thought. O_O
Its pity that right now i cant upload my last legue char but Fiver's standart cheap raider lost 20% only. From 2.8kk to 2.3kk. And its without gem and tree optimizing.
"
fyllbritta wrote:
"
I'm not even sure if I'm playing this league, but we'll see.

Spoiler

Swedish PoE-society needs your kindness online even this league :-*

"

Of course. It's not necessarily that this build might not be viable that bugs me out, it's more that I feel that I'm not a fan of the direction this league is taking the game, and I'm just not really excited to play it.

I usually don't agree with a lot of the stuff on reddit, but I have seen people raise really good points that are huge concerns to me.

Making mobs tankier early on is a huge mistake. Why would you make the first acts of the game harder, when it's already pretty slow. This is a huge blow to new players that already find it tedious, slow, and hard to get into. I think GGG is shooting themselves in the foot with this one.
It would make more sense to make the early parts of the campaign easier, not slower. There's really no reason for them to be hard. The endgame should still be hard of course.

Why is mana management an issue to begin with? Unless you are playing a build centered around some mechanic related to your mana, is there really a point to make skills cost more? It doesn't make the game harder, just more inconvenient.

They talk about wanting to slow down the game, but the only thing they are slowing down is the players. There are several mechanics that are timed, like delirium mirrors, breaches, incursions, etc.
All of these mechanics are centered around you being able to kill stuff fast with good clear. It makes no sense to try and slow down the playstyle, when there are so many mechanics designed for fast play.
Not to mention the map grind. As a whole, the game is designed for fast gameplay, and until they change that, it makes no sense to reduce players attack and movement speed.
On top of that, there are several boss fights that are DPS checks. If you don't have decent dps against Shaper or Uber Elder, you will have a really bad time, since the arena is going to be filled with shit on the ground.

What's up with the changes to evasion? Just... why? Evasion is already regarded as the worst defense mechanism unless you stack it with a bunch of other stuff like dodge, block, or big damage mitigation triggers. And that requires a big investment. On top of that, the builds that tend to focus on evasion mechanics are the rangers/shadows and to some extent duelists. And these areas have much fewer, and arguably worse, life nodes within reasonable travel distances.
If I take every single life node on the right side of the area, and the area below Duelist (aside from the first 3 minor nodes below duelist, which never makes sense to take), this would give 174% increased life from the tree. This means traveling all the way from the bottom part to the top right part of the passive tree. Without investing into any other passives in the area this requires 62 passive points.
The same amount of points spent on the marauder side will give 208%, and that is without taking any big detours.
The right side of the passive tree relies on evasion and it makes no sense to nerf it.

Changing Cold Conduction is really sad. Like, I understand why. It was extremely powerful.
But with the changes they made they could just as well removed it, because right now it is completely useless. By proxy, it also makes Stormrider completely useless.

Idk, there are so many things I'm unhappy with, and I'm just not excited to play. I might play a day or two just to test the new league mechanic, but I really don't see myself playing much this league.

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Jul 22, 2021, 11:33:49 AM
While I agree with you, they are just starting by making Act 1 harder, the other acts will follow later. And making us pay for triggered skills mana cost is a way to shift the meta.

Sad for Frost Blades, I'm looking forward to play it again whenever you feel like updating the guide (no pressure).
Last edited by ExiledOnCore on Jul 23, 2021, 4:30:51 AM
The build is updated for 3.15. It will probably still work, but it's significantly nerfed. New pastebins are added, but the actual guide itself is not updated yet. I'll get to it when I can.

Don't panic.
I have decided to stream a bit during leaguestart. If you need help with anything or just want to hang out, best way to find me is on the stream.

You should totally come and hang out.

https://www.twitch.tv/holyfivr

Don't panic.
Going to be streaming a lot longer today. I will be live in 10 minutes or so. If you need any help, pop by the stream and I'll do my best to help you out! :)

http://www.twitch.tv/holyfivr

Don't panic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info