[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

So...Ryslatha's actually managed to drop on a vendor Level 67 Heist. Thought of skipping the Jewel Chest since it only drops jewels, but for some reason I decided to open this one, that too on a Level 67 Heist and bam...Unique Studded Belt that is Ryslathas. I will def implement in the build, but I was wondering if someone can explain it's Mechanics and why it's a huge DPS boost?
"
Chnams wrote:
"
phosTR wrote:
Spoiler
This build looks way better than the ranged one i am using for my ranger and i would like to know if i can make it work with what i have right now. My Ranger is level 92.

Can i make use of one of these shields? I really don't have money to buy anything now.

Thanks in advance.

Gear looks good tbh, you can probably use loreweave or qotf without any issues. For shields, the one I'm using right now, after switching some stuff around, is this very easy to find

Just run the twilight temple two times (once to kill the sun boss, one to kill the moon boss), vendor the shields with an orb of fusing and voila, you've got yourself a decent shield (160 str is a bit much, but it shouldn't be a very big issue tbh) to put auras and enlighten in until you can get a %reduced mana res shield. Or just buy em, they should be dirt cheap.
Either sun or moon shield also works just fine, but I think the combined shield is better. Although if I had to pick one, I'd probably pick the moon one, for a higher evasion bonus and freeze immunity. All in all, they're very cheap and fit our purposes just fine.

Thanks for the help. Idk if i said but i'm on Standard. I have both shields to create this one but it doesn't have much evasion though. Is Elemental Aegis really that good? Another thing is, i was checking with PoB and i saw that i can only get to 37% crit chance with the gear and i have and my skill points BUT, i really wanted to use an ice build with access to blind and i can get 30% chance to blind in the skill tree + i will gain more crit chance with blind. I really dislike cluster jewels + i can't even afford the cluster jewels for this build right now. Do you think playing with 39% crit chance (i am including the blind passives crit chance here) + diamond flask, will be a bad idea?
"
phosTR wrote:
"
Chnams wrote:
"
phosTR wrote:
Spoiler
Spoiler
This build looks way better than the ranged one i am using for my ranger and i would like to know if i can make it work with what i have right now. My Ranger is level 92.

Can i make use of one of these shields? I really don't have money to buy anything now.

Thanks in advance.
Spoiler

Gear looks good tbh, you can probably use loreweave or qotf without any issues. For shields, the one I'm using right now, after switching some stuff around, is this very easy to find

Just run the twilight temple two times (once to kill the sun boss, one to kill the moon boss), vendor the shields with an orb of fusing and voila, you've got yourself a decent shield (160 str is a bit much, but it shouldn't be a very big issue tbh) to put auras and enlighten in until you can get a %reduced mana res shield. Or just buy em, they should be dirt cheap.
Either sun or moon shield also works just fine, but I think the combined shield is better. Although if I had to pick one, I'd probably pick the moon one, for a higher evasion bonus and freeze immunity. All in all, they're very cheap and fit our purposes just fine.
Spoiler

Thanks for the help. Idk if i said but i'm on Standard. I have both shields to create this one but it doesn't have much evasion though. Is Elemental Aegis really that good? Another thing is, i was checking with PoB and i saw that i can only get to 37% crit chance with the gear and i have and my skill points BUT, i really wanted to use an ice build with access to blind and i can get 30% chance to blind in the skill tree + i will gain more crit chance with blind. I really dislike cluster jewels + i can't even afford the cluster jewels for this build right now. Do you think playing with 39% crit chance (i am including the blind passives crit chance here) + diamond flask, will be a bad idea?

39% seems very low, i have 89,37% crit chance while my diamond flask is up. 30% chance to blind is extremely overkill, you can get 10% chance to blind on a large cluster jewel, which is more than enough.
I'm not a big fan of cluster jewels either because I tend to think that I never have enough points to dedicate to them, but honestly they are super strong if you get the right ones.
Also I'm suggesting that shield because it's crazy cheap and very decent for its price, if you're in Standard you probably have the currency to grab a nice shaper/hunter shield with mana reserved and good stats which will definitely be better than magna eclipsis.
Last edited by Chnams on Oct 14, 2020, 4:29:59 PM
Awesome build! I love the depth and detail you put in to this.

My only question so far is whether the current cluster jewel set-up is min/maxed after the 3.12 nerfs to the medium clusters that you heavily rely on.
How do I deal with curses without a warding flask? I see nothing about it in the guide.
"
TheOne320 wrote:
How do I deal with curses without a warding flask? I see nothing about it in the guide.

it's simple, get a warding flask lol

I'm personally running these flasks (got a corrupted blood jewel)

Could replace a defensive flask with Lion's Roar though, I'm not 100% sure yet if I really need the evasion from jade flask or not.
Is replica Farrul's better if you can afford? This way we have endurance gen and can still get power charges with assassin's mark ring?
why not use wathcers??
are my gloves any good? i think double curse op. assassins mark + elemental weakness lot of damage with gloves. can have third implicit of 10% as which is even better, so beyond +2 max frenzy rare gloves i think these are better than shaper's touch, although u dont make use of any other annointment with whispers of doom.
kinda newb here.
idk if asked but could not find it.
anyways frost blades+multistrike and elemental damage with attacks are core ofc.
what u think about melee physical dam.-ice bite and added cold damage?
since we have max frenzy charges ice bite seems better than hypotermia is it not?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info