[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
Reazion wrote:

I've got three more quick questions, what am i looking for exactly from the Lethal Pride jewel? crit multiplier/inc phys dmg/reduced crit dmg taken?
If i were to change my ring and eventually shield, how do you manage to cap your resists? I might be missing something but i can't see how'd you do it :P
Also how much does the "attacks with this weapon penetrates 14-16% elemental resistance" affix on the weapon matter? mostly asking as a 400 pdps claw with said mod is 12ex atm which i can't afford

"
Reazion wrote:
Okay, did a few upgrades; got a assassin's mark on hit ring, a reduced mana shield and a watchers eye. Here's my current gear:

Spoiler

What's my next upgrade? I'm guessing a new set of claws, and if so does the "attacks with this weapon penetrate 14-16% elemental resistance matter a lot?
Besides claw what's left to get? helm enchant and maim chest?

Crit multiplier, double damage, chance to intimidate, increased melee/phys damage, crit chance. There's lots of good stuff.

Capping your resists is a struggle you will just need to try to find as much as you can on your rare items. Maybe make sure to have it on your jewel. I also have all the nodes in the tree that I can take for it.

The elemental penetration modifier is INSANE. It matters. A 400 pdps claw WITH ele pen is as strong as a 450 pdps claw without it.

I crafted a claw with 497 pure hysical dps the other day, but I would lose damage if I replaced my current claw with 424pdps and ele pen.

A new claw would be a nice upgrade. Try to make sure it has crit chance on it. Ideally you don't want crit multiplier on it.

"
BajaaniVadim wrote:
Finnally got it 6 linked and right colors :)
Cant find a chest like mine anywhere, even in standard so idk how much it could be worth

Should i craft increased life and mana on it when I get the crafting recipe or something?
Now gonna try to craft a claw

Edit: Also slammed it and got increased evasion

That is a sexy armour. Let me know if you need help with claw.

"
pandadarren wrote:

looks like i got lucky. :D after spamming so many times

Spoiler

end game. 5.6k hp.. uber elder deathless down :D

Awesome dude!!

"
highwind123 wrote:

I have no idea how to do fossil crafting. Never got into it.

When it comes to armours, the way you do it is that you get a Serrated + Pristine fossil. That is the only fossils you need to be using. But it's a lot about luck. Fossil 'crafting' is more gambling really.

To make an armour with high life and maim, all you need is a body armour (preferably ilvl 86+), and use pristine + serrated on it.
I actually made a video a while back about how to make one.

"
alecs87 wrote:
This is my gear atm.. sitting at about 2.5mil dps vs shaper. Working on getting helm ench and +1 on gloves.

Wondering what to upgrade next. I have a lethal pride already.

I would try to get a better ring, and then consider getting +1 frenzy on gloves.

"
Zestrenocya wrote:
Hi Fiver,

Quick question. I’m a PS4 player and have found that using whirling blades on PS4 is really awkward. It gets me out of position no matter what I do. I have tried various options and actually ended up with two frost blades set ups: the main one in the chest and a second one that is...

FB-Fortify-Cast on Crit-Frost Bomb. (I have an assassin’s mark ring.).

Is there anything I miss out on by doing it this way? I couldn’t see any huge downsides and on the PS4 this seems to give better control of character positioning. If there’s a better option that I haven’t thought of I’d appreciate any thoughts.

Z.

Well aside from mobility you won't "miss out". That should work.

Have you tried using Shield Charge?

"
BajaaniVadim wrote:
I guess this is worth crafting on?

Yes, but I'd personally try to annul the crit chance. But you can craft on it either way.

"
ThanCL wrote:

Can I use this item? Or its not good?

I think we talked on stream already, right? :p

"
archwerewolf wrote:
Hm Fiver what you think about dat rings?
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Precursor%27s_Emblem_(Frenzy_Charge)
is it can be end gear or our rings mark+shaper better?

This is not sometehing that I have tried out. I'll have to test it out.

"
Reazion wrote:
As i don't know how to factor in annointments in PoB, how does the tribal fury annointment work out? Does it let you clear quickly if you were to swap out AC from FB and rather use ruthless?
(ruthless in FB's 6-link would give you the bossing dmg and tribal fury would be slightly worse than using AC no?)

Apparently Tribal Fury feels pretty good, but I haven't tested it myself.

"
Donnerdrummel wrote:

So I had fun so far. But as of right now, I don't know how to improve this any further unless with multiple exalts per piece. What do you think I could be the most beneficial?

I would personally get rid of +1 curse and go for gloves with frenzy charge on them.
Another AM ring could be nice as well. Missing out on the EDWAS on the ring is a shame.
I assume you have watcher's eye and/or lethal pride. Otherwise those would be nice.

"
ThorTheGray wrote:

Got pretty lucky last night. Now comes the hopes that I don't need to use all my ex on imprints lol

You're probably finished already, but otherwise good luck!

"
xPredict wrote:
How do you guys craft the shield? and why do i only have 40 mana left after running herald of ice,hatred, and aspect of the cat. Can someone check my profile. Yes im not done with my gear yet, but still cant see the problem.

You don't seem to have -15% mana reduced on your shield. You should only use an extra herald/aspect if you have that. Otherwise it's not viable.
You can craft a shield like that by using Lucent Fossils + Pristine Fossils, and a bit of luck.

Don't panic.
"
ubas90 wrote:
i'm trying it and it's very funny i have just some problem, i cannot use Herald of ice - Haste and Hatred, becasue they sucks a lot of mana and cannot activate them 3 together. i Haveall of them maxed... is ok? and precision need to be at lv 1?

this is my actual setup

Spoiler

You shouldn't use Haste as an aura. You're only meant to be using Vaal Haste, for the 4 second burst damage.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vaal_Haste

As auras you should be using Herald of Ice - Hatred - Precision

Don't panic.
"
Mecielle wrote:

Oh, so that was not his only comment along those lines :D

It was a reply to me, so thought he just recognized me from the Zombiemancer thread where I was pretty active helping people and reporting my progress into min-maxing it. Assumed he meant to warn me that this won't be as strong. Which of course should be obvious, Zombiemancer is probably the strongest build in the game right now.

Anyway, I hadn't played a Raider for over a year, so thought I would give this a whirl. Very solid build, even with my limited investment so far it is flying through maps. But the new Multistrike is taking a lot away from my fun. It somehow feels wrong? Don't know how to explain it.

I don't mind people criticizing the build, but I don't like when people tell others something doesn't work or isn't strong or whatever, just because it didn't work out for them. :)
I don't get a lot of it and I usually don't bother replying to things like that.

I agree on the Multistrike really. The animation cancelling is great, but it feels like the targeting isn't as good with it anymore. You could run with IAS or something else instead perhaps.

"

So I have a few points that you could add to the guide:

Maybe add a small line to the Lethal Pride section about the two best mods to look for. Aka Intimidate (resulting in straight up 10% more total damage) and 5% chance to deal double damage (5% more total damage).

I have found a pretty nice Lethal Pride for this build, or actually every attack build that uses the claw nodes and the other stuff in Shadow area:

Lethal Assault: 10% chance to Intimidate enemies on hit
Coldhearted Calculation: 0.4% attack damage leeched as life
Ressourcefulness: 4% incresed life
Blood Drinker: 5% chance to deal double damage
Frenetic: 20% increased physical damage
Claws of the Hawk: +15% to Melee Critical Strike Multiplier
Soul Raker: 10% chance to Intimidate enemies on hit

Could of course be better, but I stopped divining on this one because so many mods that are beneficial to the build will be expensive to beat.

Good idea! That's actually a question I've been getting a lot, and I never even thought about adding it. I will definitely do that!

That's a nice Lethal Pride. You should see the one I made in the recent video I made lol.
80% inc damage and 60% crit. Double damage and Intimidate are OP tho.

"
Another thing I noticed is that the 40% Frost Blades damage enchant on Starkonjas is extremely expensive right now. Like 10ex if you are lucky. You could mention the "150% increased effect of the buff granted by your Ice Golems" as a cheap alternative, which comes out at only very slightly less damage. It even beats the 40% increased Frost Blades damage if your "chance to hit" is not capped or if you have a ton of crit multi (Precision Watchers eye, etc.).

I think thats all for now. Thanks for the build, will keep playing around with it, but not sure how long because of my problem with Multistrike.

Yeah unfortunately a lot of the things that were super-cheap last league are super-expensive this league. Last league I bought my +frenzy gloves for 10 chaos.
And another good idea. I'll try to add these things to the guide.

Other good ones are attack speed with blood rage and increased effect of berserk.

Thank you for the suggestions!

Don't panic.
By the way, sorry everyone if I'm slow on replying. I have had a lot going on lately, and it's a lot of work to maintain the forum thread, youtube, discord, and the stream.

Thank you for being patient. <3

Don't panic.
"
Fiver wrote:

"
ThorTheGray wrote:

Got pretty lucky last night. Now comes the hopes that I don't need to use all my ex on imprints lol

You're probably finished already, but otherwise good luck!

I think it turned out well enough!
"
Fiver wrote:

"
Donnerdrummel wrote:
Spoiler

So I had fun so far. But as of right now, I don't know how to improve this any further unless with multiple exalts per piece. What do you think I could be the most beneficial?

I would personally get rid of +1 curse and go for gloves with frenzy charge on them.
Another AM ring could be nice as well. Missing out on the EDWAS on the ring is a shame.
I assume you have watcher's eye and/or lethal pride. Otherwise those would be nice.

This is me, Donnerdrummel. Ersatzdrummel is the account I use from work. Earlier I asked you from this account what your stance was on curses. I had to give it a try myself. When I crafted that armour I became enamoured with the thought of multiple curses.

I haven't figured out whether I like this more than the +1 frenzy setup yet. (edit: I don't want to simply void the three ex I spent for the +1 curses craft on my chest. to still use this craft and yet have +1 frenzy charge on the gloves, i could to the following /edit). I could always use +1 frenzy and one of those frostbite circle of fears. When they were still cheap (I would not pay 10+ ex for those as one would have to now) I bought one of each +1 frenzy charge, intimidate and frostbite on hit. But the frenzy charge one has neither +cold damage nor increased herald effect, so thats a lot of damage missing there.

One of the reasons for my indicisiveness is that I can't use PoB very well. I guess I'll just use your PoB settings and import my items and find out what I can sell.

The AM ring I slammed t1 flat cold damage on. I bought it for 2 ex even without that and I figure that buying a ring with sufficient resistances, AM, life and EDWAS would be very expensive, if possible at all. But I refine my life search, thanks for that. It is a PoB thing, again. Without that, one has no chance to evaluate things correctly. I should really have familiarized myself with that earlier.

You don't mention the anointment that increases 50% damage for attacks with your main hand - ever. Since you use PoB and I am lured by big numbers and small prices, I assume that greedy me picked the wrong anointment because it had such a nice price tag on it. With PoB I will be able to find out how wrong I am and whether the effect will be worth the cost of changing the anointment. Hey, this a nice homework I am giving myself at this lunch break. :-)

I do have a watcher's eye and a lethal pride. The watcher's eye has flat cold damage. Did you realize that the mod that grants less mana cost for non channeling skills while affected by clarity is (currently) hardly worth anything at all? I wonder if I should buy one of those and one of the good damage mods and then run the accuracy-banner. This might add a couple of percent hit chance at the cost of possibly a hundred chaos or less to the build for those who have the mod that reduces the costs of attacks on their chest armours as well. And chance to hit is real, hard damage. What do you think?

My lethal pride has - on the nodes that I am already using - 3 * 5% to deal double damage, 1 * 4% increased maximum life, 1 * crit mult, 1 * increased phys damage, if I remember correctly. There certainly are better seeds, but I really don't like the process of spending a divine orb for each attempt. At a certain point, buying better results simply is cheaper. Do you know of a database of known good results?

"
xPredict wrote:
How do you guys craft the shield?

I spend about 2 ex fossil crafting and probably 5 ex or so chaos spamming. Then I set up a life search and bought one for 1.5 ex. I suggest you skip the mad part and buy one. set up a life search for a shield with -15% mana reservation and lots of life. Buy a very cheap one quick, craft what you need onto it. Leave that life search running. If a good one with a third or possible fourth affix pops up that is within your price range, buy that and be happy.

This is possibly the best advice that I too often don't follow myself. Keep chance as far as possible from your purse. With the exception of certain items that you need soon and that are too costly to buy at the market, life search will usually be the cheapest and best way to get what you want. Thats true particularly for niche builds.
(\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and
(='.'=) paste Bunny to help him
(")_(") gain world Domination.
Last edited by Ersatzdrummel on Oct 15, 2019, 6:57:38 AM
hi guys .

What is better?

420 phys dps + penetrate x% elemental resistances

Or

560 phys dps
IGN: LEGOLA_FLASH (Standard)
IGN: Storm_flash (ambush)
"
flashhhhhhh wrote:
hi guys .

What is better?

Or

560 phys dps

I'm going to guess the 560 phys dps claw by a bit, due to it having 30-35% more dps, you can always check it out in PoB.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recently finished shaper for the first time and I'm getting ready to try uber elder but i feel like my gear aint up to scratch and could use some pointers.

Current gear:
Spoiler

The claw is a 405 dps claw (could be 415-420 iirc with close to perfect rolls)
I'm not sure if i should sell this claw and attempt to craft a better one, go for a maim chest, spam uberlab for the helm enchant(s) or something else, regardless of what i do it's looking like it'll be in the several exalt range which is fine.
Currently sitting at 5,1k hp which from what i gather is about 500 ish too low
"
flashhhhhhh wrote:
hi guys .

What is better?

Or

560 phys dps

Just throw them both onto the PoB that OP provided, if you don't have one of your own character.

If the 560 claw also has 7.4%+ crit my first guess would also be that it should be the better choice by a good margin. But how big the difference is depends on many factors, so only PoB can give you that information.

And if that difference in DPS is worth the 100ex+ difference in price is something only you can decide :D

Something else:

So, because of my gripe with how Multistrike targeting feels after they changed it, I decided to scrap the build. Not a reflection on the build itself though, it is rock solid and for what I put into it I got a very strong and fast build.

So, my Lethal Pride is up for grabs:

Lethal Assault: 10% chance to Intimidate enemies on hit
Coldhearted Calculation: 0.4% attack damage leeched as life
Ressourcefulness: 4% incresed life
Blood Drinker: 5% chance to deal double damage
Frenetic: 20% increased physical damage
Claws of the Hawk: +15% to Melee Critical Strike Multiplier
Soul Raker: 10% chance to Intimidate enemies on hit

So if anyone here is interested, contact me per PN or ingame. Also not looking to make a huge profit off it. Cost me around 9ex total, including first purchase and Divine Orbs spent on it. Just thought I would mention it here because it is a very good fit for this build, and Timeless Jewels are a pain in the ass, both to sell and to buy.
I will be starting my stream in about 10-15 minutes. Feel free to join me if you want to hang out or need help with anything!

http://www.twitch.tv/holyfivr

Don't panic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info