[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

As i don't know how to factor in annointments in PoB, how does the tribal fury annointment work out? Does it let you clear quickly if you were to swap out AC from FB and rather use ruthless?
(ruthless in FB's 6-link would give you the bossing dmg and tribal fury would be slightly worse than using AC no?)

So I had fun so far. But as of right now, I don't know how to improve this any further unless with multiple exalts per piece. What do you think I could be the most beneficial?
"
Donnerdrummel wrote:

So I had fun so far. But as of right now, I don't know how to improve this any further unless with multiple exalts per piece. What do you think I could be the most beneficial?

hm gloves with +1frenzy ?)
mb Fractal Thoughts Vaal Mask with +frost blades ench 3-4ex, ~-200hp (for me, still 5k) but more dps

but its just my opinion mb Fiver gona tell more

Got pretty lucky last night. Now comes the hopes that I don't need to use all my ex on imprints lol
How do you guys craft the shield? and why do i only have 40 mana left after running herald of ice,hatred, and aspect of the cat. Can someone check my profile. Yes im not done with my gear yet, but still cant see the problem.
Last edited by xPredict on Oct 14, 2019, 3:01:53 PM
"
bex_HB wrote:

you should not put more time into this build, you won´t have as much fun with it as with CoC or the Summoner, its pain in the ass once you reach maps ...

I usually don't respond to posts like these, because frankly I don't see the point in it. It's usually just a waste of time.
But I remember you from day 1 of the league, and this is like the 3rd or 4th time you come into this thread and talk shit.
You decided after 2-3 hours into the league that the build was bad and came into the thread to whine.
I didn't care then, because you are totally free to have your own opinion, but you are crossing a line when you come here and tell other people not to play the build just because you didn't get it working properly and never even thought to ask for help.

When the first day of league was over and I went into the thread to try to catch up and help people out, I remember going through peoples characters that needed help, and it turns out 90% of them were using wrong skills, didn't maintain their gear, skipped burst skills or some other stuff they didn't think would be important.

But here's the thing. Some of them asked for help.
I try to help everyone that asks for it. And it turns out that people have fun with the build once we figure out what they missed/were doing wrong/had forgotten etc.
Because guess what. The build works.
It wouldn't have 800k views and 2k+ comments if it didn't.

So I have some advice for you. Next time you play someone elses build and experience problems, ask for help.
There may have been something you missed or ignored because you didn't think it was important. And if you would have asked for help, you would have received it.

If you have criticism or face problems, then by all means share your thoughts. But don't tell others not to play something just because you didn't get it working, when clearly a lot of other players do.
Because if hundreds of other people are getting something to work and have fun, but you aren't, then odds are that you are doing something wrong.

The build isn't perfect, most builds aren't, but it's a lot of fun and so far there's no content in the game that I haven't been able to do with it.

Bring something of value or take your negative attitude somewhere else.

Don't panic.
Way to go man i really enjoyed this build earlier in the season. Don't let the shit talkers ruin it. This is a solid build.
Last edited by Sola628 on Oct 14, 2019, 3:58:24 PM
i'm trying it and it's very funny i have just some problem, i cannot use Herald of ice - Haste and Hatred, becasue they sucks a lot of mana and cannot activate them 3 together. i Haveall of them maxed... is ok? and precision need to be at lv 1?

this is my actual setup

Spoiler
"
Fiver wrote:
"
bex_HB wrote:

you should not put more time into this build, you won´t have as much fun with it as with CoC or the Summoner, its pain in the ass once you reach maps ...

I usually don't respond to posts like these, because frankly I don't see the point in it. It's usually just a waste of time.
But I remember you from day 1 of the league, and this is like the 3rd or 4th time you come into this thread and talk shit.
You decided after 2-3 hours into the league that the build was bad and came into the thread to whine.
I didn't care then, because you are totally free to have your own opinion, but you are crossing a line when you come here and tell other people not to play the build just because you didn't get it working properly and never even thought to ask for help.

When the first day of league was over and I went into the thread to try to catch up and help people out, I remember going through peoples characters that needed help, and it turns out 90% of them were using wrong skills, didn't maintain their gear, skipped burst skills or some other stuff they didn't think would be important.

But here's the thing. Some of them asked for help.
I try to help everyone that asks for it. And it turns out that people have fun with the build once we figure out what they missed/were doing wrong/had forgotten etc.
Because guess what. The build works.
It wouldn't have 800k views and 2k+ comments if it didn't.

So I have some advice for you. Next time you play someone elses build and experience problems, ask for help.
There may have been something you missed or ignored because you didn't think it was important. And if you would have asked for help, you would have received it.

If you have criticism or face problems, then by all means share your thoughts. But don't tell others not to play something just because you didn't get it working, when clearly a lot of other players do.
Because if hundreds of other people are getting something to work and have fun, but you aren't, then odds are that you are doing something wrong.

The build isn't perfect, most builds aren't, but it's a lot of fun and so far there's no content in the game that I haven't been able to do with it.

Bring something of value or take your negative attitude somewhere else.

Oh, so that was not his only comment along those lines :D

It was a reply to me, so thought he just recognized me from the Zombiemancer thread where I was pretty active helping people and reporting my progress into min-maxing it. Assumed he meant to warn me that this won't be as strong. Which of course should be obvious, Zombiemancer is probably the strongest build in the game right now.

Anyway, I hadn't played a Raider for over a year, so thought I would give this a whirl. Very solid build, even with my limited investment so far it is flying through maps. But the new Multistrike is taking a lot away from my fun. It somehow feels wrong? Don't know how to explain it.

So I have a few points that you could add to the guide:

Maybe add a small line to the Lethal Pride section about the two best mods to look for. Aka Intimidate (resulting in straight up 10% more total damage) and 5% chance to deal double damage (5% more total damage).

I have found a pretty nice Lethal Pride for this build, or actually every attack build that uses the claw nodes and the other stuff in Shadow area:

Lethal Assault: 10% chance to Intimidate enemies on hit
Coldhearted Calculation: 0.4% attack damage leeched as life
Ressourcefulness: 4% incresed life
Blood Drinker: 5% chance to deal double damage
Frenetic: 20% increased physical damage
Claws of the Hawk: +15% to Melee Critical Strike Multiplier
Soul Raker: 10% chance to Intimidate enemies on hit

Could of course be better, but I stopped divining on this one because so many mods that are beneficial to the build will be expensive to beat.

Another thing I noticed is that the 40% Frost Blades damage enchant on Starkonjas is extremely expensive right now. Like 10ex if you are lucky. You could mention the "150% increased effect of the buff granted by your Ice Golems" as a cheap alternative, which comes out at only very slightly less damage. It even beats the 40% increased Frost Blades damage if your "chance to hit" is not capped or if you have a ton of crit multi (Precision Watchers eye, etc.).

I think thats all for now. Thanks for the build, will keep playing around with it, but not sure how long because of my problem with Multistrike.

"
ubas90 wrote:
i'm trying it and it's very funny i have just some problem, i cannot use Herald of ice - Haste and Hatred, becasue they sucks a lot of mana and cannot activate them 3 together. i Haveall of them maxed... is ok? and precision need to be at lv 1?

Don't use Haste. He only has the gem in his setup for Vaal Haste. Which is a temporary buff and reserves no mana.
Last edited by Mecielle on Oct 14, 2019, 5:21:00 PM
EDIT: double post
Last edited by Mecielle on Oct 14, 2019, 5:20:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info