[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

@Fiver just wanted to thank you for your BIG reply. It was SO HELPFUL :)
Thanks you for taking your time to help out tweaking the passive tree.
With the swap from phys damage gem to ice bite would you replace the EDAS for Ancestral Call when clearing or how would you handle that?
"
sunefication wrote:
With the swap from phys damage gem to ice bite would you replace the EDAS for Ancestral Call when clearing or how would you handle that?

I would replace Ruthless when I'm clearing. EDAS gives us too much damage.

Gems in order of importance in a 6L:
FB - EDAS - Multi - Hypo - Ruthless/Ancestral Call - Ice bite

Don't panic.
"
Fiver wrote:
"
Seymowr wrote:
I did something similar last league, got to lvl 95, raider, abyssus but with perfect form, that shit saves you so much, also with 2 ToA, since according to PoB i needed a claw with more than 400Edps to get a minor boost so.....wasnt worth it imo, but nice guide

Also id rather use pandemonius amulet, that shit is crazy for FB

My only real problem with the perfect form is the lack of, & reduction to, resists.
The free arctic armour is awesome though.
If you can get away with it, it’s an awesome armour, but that leaves us with only 4 item slots to fill all our resists, which will prove really hard.

Pandemonious may also be an awesome addition. Same problem here though. Lack of resist and also no life.
I should really mention both in the guide though.

I’m not sure how well the build you played scaled with dmg, but there are different options for this build.
All of them are mainly focused on phys damage though, but you can go pure/hybrid/pure with IEDWAS, which makes gearing slightly easier.

Thanks for the input!

Indeed you are right!
Since i had to get almost all my res on my gloves, and since this build uses tombfist, will be kinda impossible, but i will try it out, looks really solid!
Thx for the reply
So why do you not use Touch of Anguish as an option here? It's providing easily 5k more dps than bloodseeker, is the instant leech + shield combo just that good?
"
Fiver wrote:
"
sunefication wrote:

And for a 5 link? I'm poor.
"
Grimekia wrote:
So why do you not use Touch of Anguish as an option here? It's providing easily 5k more dps than bloodseeker, is the instant leech + shield combo just that good?

I can have a stab at answering this - the shield means your accuracy is, in essence, 100%

If you have a look at your chance to hit on your character sheet you will probably be in the 80's so the shield is 10% plus MORE damage and you don't need to worry about getting accuracy on your gear/tree
"
sunefication wrote:
"
Fiver wrote:
"
sunefication wrote:

And for a 5 link? I'm poor.

If you already have your first ascendancy then drop Ice Bite
Im following the build yet I dont quite have a Lycosidae yet. Im running Touch of Anguish MH and Wasp Nest OH. Running Added Cold instead of Ancestral Call due to the chain, clearing is great. When I switch to Lycosidae and a 320+ Pdps weapon + Ancestral Call in POB I drop about 125k total dps.

Thats a ton. Not sure the benefits?

Edit: In fact the Touch of Anguish and the Lycosidae are another +60k dps. Looks like dropping the ToA and switching to Ancestral Call is a huge loss, gonna have to find a ridiculous rare claw to replace the ToA.
Last edited by Killzu on Mar 7, 2018, 10:58:52 PM
"
Killzu wrote:
Im following the build yet I dont quite have a Lycosidae yet. Im running Touch of Anguish MH and Wasp Nest OH. Running Added Cold instead of Ancestral Call due to the chain, clearing is great. When I switch to Lycosidae and a 320+ Pdps weapon + Ancestral Call in POB I drop about 125k total dps.

Thats a ton. Not sure the benefits?

Edit: In fact the Touch of Anguish and the Lycosidae are another +60k dps. Looks like dropping the ToA and switching to Ancestral Call is a huge loss, gonna have to find a ridiculous rare claw to replace the ToA.

You are going to lose tooltip dps with ancestral call. It is supposed to do that. We only use it when we clear maps because we hit 3 targets at the same time, and get 3 times as many chains. This is vastly superior to ToA’s ”skills chain an additional time..”
If you look at the tooltip or PoB dmg it will always appear like a downtrade though, but try it out and you will notice a significant improvement to your clearspeed.

For single target you should switch to ruthless instead of ancestral call, because ancestral call is horrible for single target.

If you have access to a lycosidae, I would definitely use it over any dual-wield setup. And together with it I wouldn’t use ToA or Wasp Nest. The instant leech from bloodseeker combined with 100% hit chance is incredibly strong, The survivability from that combo is so insane that it weighs up for any lost damage, which really shouldn’t make that much of a difference. I’ve killed shaper with ease with that setup. It is one of the few setups that allows you to face-tank shaper beam. When switching to a higher dps claw we lose that benefit, but the dps will reach a threshold where it will be worth giving that up.

As for added cold damage, check the post I made on page 13 on why you shouldn’t use it.

edit
Just noticed that you said you don’t have a lycosidae. I would still get a bloodseeker and use a wasp nest or great old one’s ward, or something similiar. Maybe ToA.

Don't panic.
Last edited by Fiver on Mar 8, 2018, 4:21:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info