[Guide] What a macro is allowed to do in Path of Exile

"
jadenharrow wrote:
I suck with macros so I am sorry if I missed this being answered.

I want to make a macro that just spams PhaseRun continuously essentially a continually press of the E key for me , so I don't have to keep pressing it a trillion times.

It wouldn't be on a timer just a continual press of that key. Similar to the numlock trick in Diablo 3.

Is this allowed?

Would you please, read Sarno's first post here again at least?

If you did, you would know what you are describing is very much an automatic process (see that part about botting where something is made to automatic move items or to handle an input such as it would be done in sequence and that also that part about making several flask trigger at once) as it would need to go in some kind of loop to repeat itself. From server side, if most player would use this way to repeat a single command it would also increase server load and you will probably also want to use other skill at the same time and then you suddenly have two command that will be executed in the same time frame.

Another problem would be that this is very likely not the intended use of that skill as it is a very strong "escape" skill, where there are items such as certain unique (used it during Betrayal, so I know they exist) that give you more uptime of Phaserun and also automatic trigger from in game support gems like CWDT that are meant to be used.

There is also limitation such as cooldown and mana (or life/ES if you use that for resource for skills) to limit how much one can use any skill in this game, those are meant to give players tools for how to use things that are in game. By using anything that is not part of game to repeat itself as fast as it is possible is very likely not what GGG intended for this skill.

You need to look at this from GGG position and from how other player would feel about a skill that can be used in PvP and in all League's mode from HC to SC and every other possible content that have been designed to keep "fairness" on a reasonable level for playing this game. With something that can be repeated without need to manually repeat it, it would make things much more harder to keep in check and balance from dev's point of view.

As for numlock example you mention it is not very clear what position GGG take on this issue from the way Bex did answer Sarno's question (there is a link to a screen shot from this conversation in Sarno's post). It summed up to be something that GGG will keep an eye on for now, but if something would change that this could cause problems then GGG might change their view on this.

//RexyCat
Is a macro allowed to type for you in trade chat,like you are busy and you go somewhere and you let your pc write WTS ITEM ITEM and set an autoreply I will be back in 2 hours
"
Roby1123 wrote:
Is a macro allowed to type for you in trade chat,like you are busy and you go somewhere and you let your pc write WTS ITEM ITEM

Automate it while you're not at your computer?

No, absolutely not. Any form of automation can result in an account ban.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Last edited by Sarno on Jun 20, 2019, 5:57:52 PM
is it bannable if i macro my left click to Mouse Wheel UP and DOWN so i can spam it with my finger while trading ?
Hi question about G-Keys
I want to set up a G-key for /oos and /hideout is that allowed ?
"And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you"
"
Evraeisjebus wrote:
Hi question about G-Keys
I want to set up a G-key for /oos and /hideout is that allowed ?

As per the first question in the OP, it doesn't really matter what you are using. If your keyboard has macro keys and you macro them to perform a single action a single time, then that's fine. If you take the functionality beyond that, then you're putting your account at risk.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

People keep asking about automating town portal. Guys it real simple. Put a portal gem in an unset ring or even on alt (x) weapon slot and select portal and assign to "T" on spell bar. hit T boom town OR if its on alt just X then T Simple enough? If you argue its slow make it 20 qual and give it a faster casting.
Hello,
I'd like to know if something like a macro can allow me to click item fast for fast stash transfert ? I thought it wouldnt be allowed but when i trade currency sometime i see the trader fullfilling the trade windows in less than a second so i wanted to ask if i can use what he use to sort my stash
Last edited by mbbk on Sep 2, 2019, 7:34:34 PM
"
mbbk wrote:
Hello,
I'd like to know if something like a macro can allow me to click item fast for fast stash transfert ? I thought it wouldnt be allowed but when i trade currency sometime i see the trader fullfilling the trade windows in less than a second so i wanted to ask if i can use what he use to sort my stash

Hi there,

Apologies for the delay - I'm not as active on this forum as I once had been.

I can't think of any macro which could contribute to this process that would not mean risking an account ban. Not only would a macro which moves multiple items to the trade window be bannable, but I can't even think of a macro which would help move a single item to the trade window which would be allowed. I would personally always be very conservative when it comes to this type of thing. For some the risk is acceptable; I've invested too much money and time into my account to be personally willing to take risks of that nature. At the end of the day, it's up to you.

----

Does kicking someone from a party constitute a server side action? My guess is it does. Mercury Trade offers an option to kick party members when using chat macros. My assumption is you would need to keep kicking exclusive to its own button click, but just checking to see if anyone knows differently.

Nevermind, /kick <name> is its own chat command, so each are server side actions and need to be macroed separately. It’s a good example of how an “authorized” overlay can be used in violation of ToS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info