[3.10] From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide

"
Yes faster attacks is a good alternative. But don't forget that we have PB so it's not only not using SP that's hurting your DPS, it's also range. So even though you're able to hit them from a distance you really should still try to tank them whenever possible.

For the Shaper I don't see any point in not using SP. He hardly moves, just teleports a bit in a rather small area and he has no minions. For Uber Elder it may be useful as there are lots of madness propagators (I believe this is what they're called) being summoned all the time. If you don't mind having your inventory open during the fight you can just keep a gem on your mouse and alternate between SP and GMP whenever needed. I do this for the Chimera guardian, although I don't know how it would work on Uber which is a lot more hectic.

Ultimately, when I took the Shaper down, I had no issues with SP, but while learning, there were times when he'd be sitting on top of those void circles and you either had to not attack him, or take a bunch of damage to attack him. Your video of this fight had a few times like this as well.

I chose to use faster attacks over Faster projectiles in testing, because of PB. Though PB actually doesn't drop off until you get past distance 10, and even then, it doesn't drop off all that bad until you get pretty far away. I agree with you that SP is better, but there are times a little extra distance seems like it is quite helpful.

As far as swapping out gems go, is it against the rules to have a script that swaps the gems out for me? I am quite capable of such scripts.
"
Bystander36 wrote:

Ultimately, when I took the Shaper down, I had no issues with SP, but while learning, there were times when he'd be sitting on top of those void circles and you either had to not attack him, or take a bunch of damage to attack him. Your video of this fight had a few times like this as well.

I chose to use faster attacks over Faster projectiles in testing, because of PB. Though PB actually doesn't drop off until you get past distance 10, and even then, it doesn't drop off all that bad until you get pretty far away. I agree with you that SP is better, but there are times a little extra distance seems like it is quite helpful.

As far as swapping out gems go, is it against the rules to have a script that swaps the gems out for me? I am quite capable of such scripts.

Faster attacks is far superior to faster projectiles, no contest there. Yes, tanking Shaper does mean that you need to take some cold damage at times from the vortices. It's usually not much of a problem, leech takes care of that. But you do need to have an "of heat" flask active otherwise you'd lose speed.

I'm pretty sure (99,99%) that would be against the rules. Any script that does more than one thing is forbidden. The definition of "one thing" is kind of strange though. Opening the console and typing /logout[Enter] (used by all HC players) is seen as "one thing". But I highly doubt swapping gems would fall under that category.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
"
Faster attacks is far superior to faster projectiles, no contest there. Yes, tanking Shaper does mean that you need to take some cold damage at times from the vortices. It's usually not much of a problem, leech takes care of that. But you do need to have an "of heat" flask active otherwise you'd lose speed.

I'm pretty sure (99,99%) that would be against the rules. Any script that does more than one thing is forbidden. The definition of "one thing" is kind of strange though. Opening the console and typing /logout[Enter] (used by all HC players) is seen as "one thing". But I highly doubt swapping gems would fall under that category.

I was all set to agree with you on the SP vs FA on the Shaper, when I realized a huge part of the DPS also relies on staying full health. So I'm still on the fence on that one.

Anyway, the build is great. It was cheap enough I could afford, and powerful enough to do everything I've tried but Uber Elder. I hope to rectify that last one in time.
Great guide, just started this league with this build. Might I ask what MTX are on your character in the picture at the top of the guide? They look amazing
"
Bystander36 wrote:

I was all set to agree with you on the SP vs FA on the Shaper, when I realized a huge part of the DPS also relies on staying full health. So I'm still on the fence on that one.

Anyway, the build is great. It was cheap enough I could afford, and powerful enough to do everything I've tried but Uber Elder. I hope to rectify that last one in time.

"
MegaCamu wrote:
Great guide, just started this league with this build. Might I ask what MTX are on your character in the picture at the top of the guide? They look amazing

Thanks guys, I'm glad your enjoying the build. The MTX are Legacy weapon effect and Prophecy footprints. The fire is from herald of Ash. The hood and armour are skin transfers.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide

Last edited by Aias_o_Telamonios on Apr 11, 2018, 6:21:02 AM
Can't remember but has anyone killed uber elder with this build yet? I'm getting "close" to my last fragment.
"
aCixx wrote:
Can't remember but has anyone killed uber elder with this build yet? I'm getting "close" to my last fragment.

The best I did was get past the first phase. It is probably possible, but I need to build funds up to be able to afford the maps. I do feel like I need a bit more DPS, as killing those squid things takes too much time. My Shaper listed DPS is only 335K. A bit lower than the builder has.

I have taken down Uber Atziri, red tier elder and the Shaper with it. Uber could be too much for me. There is so much to keep track of at once.
I haven't tried Uber Elder with this as it didn't exist in 3.1 and I'm playing a different build in Bestiary. I might try it on standard if I ever decide to go for the last Shaper memory there.
I agreed with Bystander that DPS is very important in that fight. There are ways to increase DPS for this build but they are beyond the scope of it as they are very expensive. A 400 pDPS rare claw would be 10ex in the league. Even a 350 pDPS/450 DPS claw would cost about the same. If you can afford that it would be a nice damage boost.
Another option would be a Watcher's eye with crit chance while affected by Hatred but that's even more expansive (and double Hatred is 50ex...).

So I have been building this as my most recent character. One thing I am confused about is the distance the spectral throw goes with slower proj. How does that skill actually work in regards to making them go further?
"
Jettia wrote:
So I have been building this as my most recent character. One thing I am confused about is the distance the spectral throw goes with slower proj. How does that skill actually work in regards to making them go further?

I don't understand your question. SP makes projectiles travel less distance but gives them a lot more damage. All the details are in the Wiki. Also check Point Blank.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info