[3.6] Crit Tectonic Slam / Molten Strike Oni-Goroshi Jugg - Clear maps and bosses FAST! (Videos)

My Jugg is PoBing @ 700k Shaper dps at 72. Nifty. Interestingly, COmbustion POB's as better than Fire Pen so I guess I leave everything as is.
"
MaideCan wrote:
Do you consider Molten Strike to still be superior to Tectonic Slam in 3.5? If we are using the Tectonic Slam skill set, what helmet should we go after instead of the +Molten Strike projectiles?

DamageIncorporated pretty much covered everything, but there is a new TS helm enchant this league, but it seems that poe.trade doesn't list it. I found this thread with one linked, though:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2270049/page/1#p16024499

This is my take on the TecSlam variant with fairly cheap gear I've gathered. I did farm my Oni and got lucky with a perfect roll, so there is that. 1.6m Shaper dps isn't too shabby (based on PoB). The build is flexible to go for more health or a little more dps, but I'm happy with the overall QoL. Despite the decent DPS, there is plenty of room for improvement.

I typically have Crab Barrier on rather than War Banner. Feels a little safer while using Abyssus. Also, Holy Relic is pretty good for an additional ~100 life regen a few seconds after killing something. It's basically an additional Stone Golem after a kill (PoB doesn't show Holy Relic regen).

PoB: https://pastebin.com/m6NFftLB

*I prefer Ruthless over Concentrated Effect due to mana cost. Not sure why my PoB is showing a skill cost of only 9 mana, it should be ~42.
Last edited by Dusark on Jan 4, 2019, 3:43:56 AM
looking for a fun build for endgame bosses and rather deep delving. you think this fits?

i can map quite fast with my current ST build but it dies too fast to all kinds of stuff
ign: Lucador / Zashah
"
Xobeh wrote:
looking for a fun build for endgame bosses and rather deep delving. you think this fits?

i can map quite fast with my current ST build but it dies too fast to all kinds of stuff

Running the Tectonic Slam version myself. At level 70 I could easily clear tier10+ with just the weapon and the gloves mentioned in the build.

Currently level 87, sitting at 200k PoB dps. Still have 5c rings, amulet, helmet, body armor, boots and belt. Check my profile!

Saving up now for a loreweave and have yet to complete uberlab. Tier 15 bosses still die really fast and due to juggernaut and TS having huge aoe, it's a really comfortable build. I'm confident this build can handle all endgame with a bit more currency invested than just the weapon.
Hey there, the build is looking fun and im definitely giving it a try because i freshly dropped oni today. Im more interested in the tectonic slam version and I want to ask how it fares in terms of single target dps, and is there a way to incorporate loreweave to the build? (For switching to molten strike or ancestral warchief) or is the life loss that significant?

Thanks for reading.
Currently level 92 with this build with only 6 ex invested (2.5ex xophs, 2,5ex oni goroshi, rest are really mediocre rares). Managed to kill red elder deathless and shaper with a few deaths (mostly because I didn't know the fight).

Very, very easy build to farm all content with. I really only die against guardians in a crazy yellow map with curses and buffed boss damage. Farming is also very fast due to ancestral call and the crazy amounts of attack speed.

Very easy upgrades for me would be: Vorici safehouse to get white sockets on Oni to swap ancestra calll with concentrated effect, a nice watcher's eye with fire pen on anger, and better ele damage rings.

TL;DR: all u need is an Oni Goroshi and you're ready to farm up to tier 10. Invest a bit in a loreweave (doesn't need 6 or even 5link) and xoph's blood and you're good to go for red elder and shaper. Fast map farmer due to ancestral call and insane attackspeed. 9/10 leaguestarter 8/10 clear 10/10 endgame farm.
So Concentrated Effect Support or Ancestral Call Support? :)
Just curious about something since I started to follow your guide, how is this build compared to Mathil's Tectonic Build?

Since the league is ending, I would summarize my experience with this build. I picked it up as my starter build (and the only one as it turned out) for the Betrayal league because: I wanted to whirl that cute sword and hear its dialogues, I like Molten Strike, and there is Stygian MS MTX... Chef's Chocolate Salty Balls :D

Farming Oni at the start of the league took me 10 hours in total with 3 Scions. During the time I occasionally switched to the main char (yet without Oni) to go through some zones and the betrayal encounters were hard. After I took the sword, the game got easy :)

Before I got the helmet with +2 MS enchant and Kaom's Heart, I was wearing The Formless Inferno and Daresso's Defiance - good combo, so much damage reduction and onslaught.

The build is tanky enough that I had zero problems with Betrayal encounters, just melt them with balls and jump around to avoid one-shots. Fortifications appeared to be tailored for such build, because ball fill the space. I didn't care it was visual clutter, MS only added to it. Don't understand what that fuss was about Betrayal being too hard here and Reddit. But sure, if I played less tanky build, it would be different.

With this build, I managed to kill Uber Elder for the 1st time, so I am very happy and it was my most successful league from the past 3 in terms of currency income.

Although this is not meta anymore, there are much more powerful MS builds, I don't care, I had fun :) Thanks for the build :)

Spoiler
Last edited by Zero202 on Feb 23, 2019, 5:12:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info