[3.3]♥ Low Life Poet's Volatile Dead ♥ All Content Down + Videos [Inquisitor]

"
Solmyr77 wrote:
Hey,
I've been playing this for a few days now and while it's fun, I don't like the squishyness. I think the main issue is that you're understating the budget factor. Your lvl 100 "normal gear" pastebin features the following offenders:

Anger leech / Clarity ES Watcher's Eye: That's 100 ex.
Presence of Chayula: 4 ex
Helm enchant on the Vertex: 6-10 ex

I can live with the latter two, but the Watcher's Eye is a massive investment. Everyone with that kind of currency should get a HH first imo.

If I remove your Watcher's Eye and change it for the "budget" solution of Vitality Leech and no relevant second aura (still costs 2 ex), you only get to ~6.7k ES, which seems really low given that there is no block and leech is capped.

I ran the build with 6.5k ES for a while before I was able to afford my presence of chayula and I found it to be fine. What are you struggling with? Having so many defensive auras + Leech is pretty tanky.

It is a boss killing build. You should be killing bosses before they even have the chance to attack. And with end game bosses you just need to avoid their attacks so you can dps them down fast.
Maybe I should make it more clear but I say that playing as Scion is a tankier version of this build and adds an extra 1k ES, I also say this is a better mapping varient.

The first con is also that the build is expensive so I'm not denying that. When I made my character, I got my watches eye for 9ex, helm enchant for 250c and Presence of Chayula for 6ex.
Since the watchers eye is a chase item, and a lot of people are following the build, it is a lot harder to get it. Even more so this late into the league.

If you look at the skill tree section. The last 9 points are all crit multi, depending on the order you grab the skill points you have the same ES from as low as lv 85 until lv 100. The build has so much damage that you can drop some damage nodes for more es nodes on the tree.

I'll change it from "normal" to "ideal" so no one else gets the wrong idea.

Hope that helps in some way
Last edited by illyaink on Jan 23, 2018, 7:33:36 AM
"
Solmyr77 wrote:
Hey,
I've been playing this for a few days now and while it's fun, I don't like the squishyness. I think the main issue is that you're understating the budget factor. Your lvl 100 "normal gear" pastebin features the following offenders:

Anger leech / Clarity ES Watcher's Eye: That's 100 ex.
Presence of Chayula: 4 ex
Helm enchant on the Vertex: 6-10 ex

I can live with the latter two, but the Watcher's Eye is a massive investment. Everyone with that kind of currency should get a HH first imo.

If I remove your Watcher's Eye and change it for the "budget" solution of Vitality Leech and no relevant second aura (still costs 2 ex), you only get to ~6.7k ES, which seems really low given that there is no block and leech is capped.

Well, its not often you'll find "budget" builds where you got both fun gameplay, insane DPS & facetank abilty.

I found several Watcher's Eyes in range of 15-25 ex with "1.1-1.3% of Fire Damage Leeched as Life while affected by Anger"... Is that usable?

This character came together beautifully around level 80. Without the Clarity Manna->Es Eye (and with presence) my rather Greedy tree only just hits 6.2kES, but that feels comfortable given I'm using a ES on Hit/Fire Leech eye.

The only problem I have is mana. I'm noticing a great deal of normal auto-attacking (way slower than Frenzy), with 80 free mana and 5L frenzy at 18 mana. It's hardly an intolerable problem, and it doesn't matter for clear at all since Assassin's Mark keeps you swimming in mana, it just becomes noticeable for bosses.

"

Last edited by Galadedrid on Jan 23, 2018, 7:56:00 AM
"
Guzonjinsin wrote:

Well, its not often you'll find "budget" builds where you got both fun gameplay, insane DPS & facetank abilty.

I guess, but I'm spoiled by my Necro who matches those criteria ;)

It may be an unfair comparison, but I need to make it when I'm looking for something new to play. I like the Poet's Pen mechanic and it's been refreshing. However my Necro can do so much more for a much lower budget. That's pretty much the only point I wanted to make.

I appreciate both of your replies. My Inquis has already more ES nodes than the guide and with only a Presence of Chayula I'd get close to 6.5k ES. A leech / ES Clarity Watcher's Eye is not going to happen and upgrading from a Vitality to an Anger leech would only allow me to switch Vitality for a Purity, so not much of an improvement ;)

About my actual dying issues:
Mostly abysses I think, there's only so much leech I can generate and if the zerg deals more dps, I'm out. Don't think that'd change with more ES.
Strongboxes are a new kind of danger that I've never experienced before this char. I blame this on the lack of a (relevant) movement skill (I usually shield charge out which also grants Fortify.) combined with the delay in dealing damage, which results in leech kicking in later.
Not paying attention.. like afk'ing, chatting or doing inventory management.. sure that is on me, but I'm always impressed how fast I die to 2-3 white mobs.

Bosses fall into two categories: Those I can offscreen and those I can't. While one group is trivial, the other can be quite dangerous because I need to kite them.
Last edited by Solmyr77 on Jan 23, 2018, 8:04:08 AM
"
Rezzzy wrote:
"
Kyotetsu wrote:
Looks really nice, going to try this build soon.

For the 6L setup, i would take Faster Attacks (54% AS) instead of Culling Strike (10% AS) and respec some attack speed nodes from the tree.

For the last link, getting Whispers of Doom (3-4 points) and Enfeeble (or Temporal Chains) would be really good defensively.

Yeah as mentioned in my gem section, you can go faster attacks. I just prefer culling because its pretty much giving me 15% spell damage (saving money from vaaling or buying a culling Poet's pen) and picking up attack speed on the tree also gives me the dex needed. With perfect gear you can save those points though :)

With 3-4 points, you can get 10% more damage from the tree so its up you if you need more defence or offence. Remember that bosses like Shaper have 80% less curse effectiveness too. Its a good option if you need the defence for mapping though!

Yeah, getting enfeeble is a waste of points for killing boss, might as well get more dps as you said.

For dexterity, you actually don't need to level frenzy, since it's damage is irrelevant.
Then, you only need 111 dex instead of 155.
With the remaining points, you can get more damage and some ES by taking Written in Blood, which also saves some travel points.

My Tree (level 91) :
https://poeplanner.com/AAsAAPsACxUAAHr53YuMwJoJqtn8wGY8Be98n9-aO4Kb7DiFe2ZUKU9rt4V9njyMdmae-tIXL2TnVdaApB0UjmT3prb6j0aboffXhEhca8NtrJgRD9teUDAgbjsN7-tMs66zQZbQ9aKjD8Q7fLjKUXQagaaZf8aTJ--I-TfXz0mxe9e-iqEvXIoRlg5IXfIHHpUu8NVJUY_60NBfauv1wwm5k_IdKwoRLyoLcFKJ04w2NbmnKxFQbRnZWxslS67pAuUZtDj79ZeXRXyXlVJTPV-X9CL0bAsFQiyc7TzVpn5ZtzHjhA3RY0MbyM_d8YqouQxSApbSfJJuvFbtYZx7AAAAAAA=
"
Guzonjinsin wrote:

I found several Watcher's Eyes in range of 15-25 ex with "1.1-1.3% of Fire Damage Leeched as Life while affected by Anger"... Is that usable?

Yeah, Remember that you can divine the ranges, so just get the cheapest one :)
"
Galadedrid wrote:
This character came together beautifully around level 80. Without the Clarity Manna->Es Eye (and with presence) my rather Greedy tree only just hits 6.2kES, but that feels comfortable given I'm using a ES on Hit/Fire Leech eye.

The only problem I have is mana. I'm noticing a great deal of normal auto-attacking (way slower than Frenzy), with 80 free mana and 5L frenzy at 18 mana. It's hardly an intolerable problem, and it doesn't matter for clear at all since Assassin's Mark keeps you swimming in mana, it just becomes noticeable for bosses.

"

If I were you, I would just get a lv 4 enlighten for your mana auras in your helm. Otherwise grab some reduced mana/mana nodes.
"
Kyotetsu wrote:

Yeah, getting enfeeble is a waste of points for killing boss, might as well get more dps as you said.

For dexterity, you actually don't need to level frenzy, since it's damage is irrelevant.
Then, you only need 111 dex instead of 155.
With the remaining points, you can get more damage and some ES by taking Written in Blood, which also saves some travel points.

My Tree (level 91) :
https://poeplanner.com/AAsAAPsACxUAAHr53YuMwJoJqtn8wGY8Be98n9-aO4Kb7DiFe2ZUKU9rt4V9njyMdmae-tIXL2TnVdaApB0UjmT3prb6j0aboffXhEhca8NtrJgRD9teUDAgbjsN7-tMs66zQZbQ9aKjD8Q7fLjKUXQagaaZf8aTJ--I-TfXz0mxe9e-iqEvXIoRlg5IXfIHHpUu8NVJUY_60NBfauv1wwm5k_IdKwoRLyoLcFKJ04w2NbmnKxFQbRnZWxslS67pAuUZtDj79ZeXRXyXlVJTPV-X9CL0bAsFQiyc7TzVpn5ZtzHjhA3RY0MbyM_d8YqouQxSApbSfJJuvFbtYZx7AAAAAAA=

Yeah good point! It will also reduce the damage taken from phys reflect maps too. I edited the guide ;)
Any recommendations? I know I'm low level but I feel squishy at times and I kind of feel light on the damage side of things as well. Its so hard to find a Vertex with the enchant :(

"
eJamesIsNice wrote:
Any recommendations? I know I'm low level but I feel squishy at times and I kind of feel light on the damage side of things as well. Its so hard to find a Vertex with the enchant :(

Hey eJames,

I imported your char into Pob:

You probably want to drop your life flask and wise oak for a basalt and sulphur/vinktars.
Probably craft something better then ele damage to attacks on your belt as that does nothing for this build.
Enchant your boots with 1 - 160 lightning damage
Your pure talent is not doing much for you until you hit the shadow start
Try using this tree instead http://poeurl.com/bKJi (better pathing and you save a few points)

That should increase your dps and make you more tanky.
Hope that helps!
Last edited by illyaink on Jan 25, 2018, 8:44:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info