New Hack and Slash ARPG Last Epoch KickStarter April 2018

"
KQKyle wrote:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lastepoch/last-epoch/

Hey there I'm from the team as well, and a long time PoE player!

We're at 230k and that's super exciting! We're almost at the Controller Support stretch goal and I think we can get there. Thank you to everyone here for being so supportive of us!

Good luck to your game!
Congrats guys.

If the Kickstarter were set to end after May 21st, you'd have been guaranteed to make it by a wide margin, I bet.

I haven't been watching the numbers since throwing in my own donation, but I assume funding saw a spike on that day.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
Congrats guys.

If the Kickstarter were set to end after May 21st, you'd have been guaranteed to make it by a wide margin, I bet.

I haven't been watching the numbers since throwing in my own donation, but I assume funding saw a spike on that day.

Funny how that goes -- we did the exact same thing back in 2012 for PoE in the face of an increasingly compromised D3...

Ha! We did, didn't we.

But PoE is nowhere near as bad as D3 was at that point.

...yet.
Wash your hands, Exile!
POE is DEAD!!!!

ALL HAIL LAST EPOCH
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I'm done with it until the alpha myself.

But the best class is coming in the second half of June!
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Looking good I'm just not sure this "space" has room for more than 1-2 games. I play PoE and thats it. Still have Grim Dawn in bubble wrap. Have not touched my D3 account in 4 years.

Maybe I'm wrong. Good luck with it but I'm not gong anywhere unless this one totally tanks.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 28, 2018, 8:42:16 PM
Its a huge untapped potential in ARPG's. PoE is great, but its too limited in it's appeal and a LOT of people that loves arpg aren't captured by it. In other words its a huge hunger left unfulfilled in the world for ARPG's.

Look at mmo's, there is room for many mmo's thriving too and a well done ARPG can capture most of the same audience as MMO's.

Also for those of us burned out on poe, it's not really anything at all out there. Grim dawn kinda nice but its just too long drawn out for many.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
Crackmonster wrote:
Its a huge untapped potential in ARPG's. PoE is great, but its too limited in it's appeal and a LOT of people that loves arpg aren't captured by it. In other words its a huge hunger left unfulfilled in the world for ARPG's.

Look at mmo's, there is room for many mmo's thriving too and a well done ARPG can capture most of the same audience as MMO's.

Also for those of us burned out on poe, it's not really anything at all out there. Grim dawn kinda nice but its just too long drawn out for many.

Care to elaborate? What kind of ARPG lovers do you think are not captured by POE? I'm curious :)
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
Jerle wrote:
Care to elaborate? What kind of ARPG lovers do you think are not captured by POE? I'm curious :)

Everyone who is not a complete speedjunkie, for one. If a PoE character functions well, monsters in regular maps are all but entirely insignificant; not quite what everyone's looking for. It's why I've come to drift away from PoE something fierce. Entirely unengaging to me.

Similarly, there's plenty people who do play ARPGs to go through the story, and then call it quits. These players burn through multiple ARPGs because the super-crazy-longterm investment of endgame grinding does not appeal. I've done this with Torchlight 2 and Grim Dawn; punched through the story a couple times, varying playstyles a bit, but never getting to postgame shit.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jun 1, 2018, 10:51:36 AM
"
Jerle wrote:

People who enjoy tactics in the gameplay itself and not just in the build/gear choices.

Not everyone enjoys ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM!

But I know you are a speed junkie, Jerle. :P

I honestly think the speed meta arms race had GGG losing control over their own game far earlier than Tencent entered the picture. And it does impact everyone, contrary to arguments I frequently see. If you play a slowpoke tactical fighter, you lose, because the game is no longer balanced to that pace.
Wash your hands, Exile!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info