[3.2] How to clear 157/157 maps w/ Frostbolt Inquisitor [Updated for Bestiary league]

"
Wolverine67 wrote:
Is this build end game viable? Shaper, uber atziri?

Well he said 157/157 so i assume he has done shaper with it. only curious about the damage this league as with out the help from abyss jewels/legs will be out of reach for most of us.

if we can get anything like the damage hes showing on them t15 maps it will be great for map clearing and gaining currency for the next char.

Do u not recommend using FB from the get go seems like it does reasonable damage.?
#StandardLivesMatter
Last edited by theoc86 on Mar 2, 2018, 8:02:04 AM
"
theoc86 wrote:
"
Wolverine67 wrote:
Is this build end game viable? Shaper, uber atziri?

Well he said 157/157 so i assume he has done shaper with it. only curious about the damage this league as with out the help from abyss jewels/legs will be out of reach for most of us.

if we can get anything like the damage hes showing on them t15 maps it will be great for map clearing and gaining currency for the next char.

Do u not recommend using FB from the get go seems like it does reasonable damage.?

Correct. To get the same damage like last league I swapped the chest for a Skin of the Loyal with an Empower lvl. 3+. I expect abyss jewels to be fairly common though.

Without the projectile speed from the jewels Frostbolt feels kinda slow, while leveling. Facetanking and freezing act bosses with Freezing Pulse is much more comfortable.
Hmmm, not sure the point of second frozen trail (on the right side of passive tree)? There is no 40int in radius? Or I'm missing something?
Heey! I started doing this build as a completely new player as a league starter as it looked super cool. While on it a few questions arose! :)

EDIT: These questions I found asnwers for as your build isnt using avatars fire and zealoths oat like I thought! :D

2. How do you get dex for violley if you use volley at all? (Confused as noted in question 4)

3. Does the damage suffer greatly with the loss (unless I predicted prices wrong in my head) that easy to get abyss jewels and especially the stygian vise and the boots for 2 abyss jewels? I guess there are somewhat easy ways to get some replacement damage?

4. Possible for you to update a list of gems you use? Im very much confused about them and most likely will end up using the wrong ones. (if I was blind on this one and you had a list then sorry!)

EDIT (Bonus question): Is elemental equilibrium one of those passives you only take late in the game like avatars fire most likely? It seems weird as well. Sorry, this game is so weird for a noob. :D

Thank you very much if youre able to answer all of the noob questions I had in mind! :) It seems cool but just doing things blindly without knowing why is always hard for me which is why I had to ask these all.. Looking fun so far though!

Yeah I did die once at my menagerie trying to craft with an early avatars fire. xD Dont worry, thats on me though!!
Last edited by dransureu on Mar 3, 2018, 8:02:33 AM
Hey, since we have an extra slot in the boots, what would the 4th link between lightning golem,flame dash herald of ice would you reccommend?
"
Wolverine67 wrote:
Hmmm, not sure the point of second frozen trail (on the right side of passive tree)? There is no 40int in radius? Or I'm missing something?

You don't have to allocate the int nodes. They just need to be in the radius.

"
dransureu wrote:
Heey! I started doing this build as a completely new player as a league starter as it looked super cool. While on it a few questions arose! :)

1. Whats the thing with avatars fire and at what point should I take it? I took it in the beginning and it just halved my dps (realised I probably need some right gear at first).

2. Is zealoths oath really worth it with having the shield generate health even though this build takes lots of life nodes from the passive tree?

3. Does the damage suffer greatly with the loss (unless I predicted prices wrong in my head) that easy to get abyss jewels and especially the stygian vise and the boots for 2 abyss jewels? I guess there are somewhat easy ways to get some replacement damage?

4. Possible for you to update a list of gems you use? Im very much confused about them and most likely will end up using the wrong ones. (if I was blind on this one and you had a list then sorry!)

EDIT (Bonus question): Is elemental equilibrium one of those passives you only take late in the game like avatars fire most likely? It seems weird as well. Sorry, this game is so weird for a noob. :D

Thank you very much if youre able to answer all of the noob questions I had in mind! :) It seems cool but just doing things blindly without knowing why is always hard for me which is why I had to ask these all.. Looking fun so far though!

Yeah I did die once at my menagerie trying to craft with an early avatars fire. xD Dont worry, thats on me though!!

Uhm.. just checked all my links, since I don't have any of the skills you mentioned allocated. At this point I'm not even sure if you posted in the correct thread, sorry. Still try to answer as good as possible.

1. You don't take Avatar of Fire.

2. You don't take Zealot's Oath.

3. To get the same damage like last league I swapped the chest for a Skin of the Loyal with an Empower lvl. 3+. I expect abyss jewels to be fairly common though.

4. You can see the gems if you hover over my gear. Didn't think it was necessary to include a gem section, since most of them are self-explanatory.

5. You don't take Elemental Equilibrium.

Hope i could help you out. :)

"
SgArxen wrote:
Hey, since we have an extra slot in the boots, what would the 4th link between lightning golem,flame dash herald of ice would you reccommend?

Good question. I guess you would use either minion and totem elemental resistance or enlighten. If you don't have vaal lightning trap already, you can use that as well.

Edit: just realized that faster casting and enhance would increase your mana reservation. My bad, don't use them.
Last edited by amstafff on Mar 4, 2018, 4:04:19 PM
Thanks for reply. Yes, my bad.. I though it has to be allocated. Thanks :)
Ahh yes my eyes had deceived me! Thanks for the reply though! :)

I also started to wonder how do you easily get dex for the haste and maybe other things too? Do you get it passively from some of these passive nodes (that I just missed), ascendacies or maybe some equips? (The gear section only shows dex from the amulet and you need like 120-something in total).

As a sidenotre I just unlocked x2 frozen trails and loving this build! Cant wait to get my hands on whirling blades soon! (And more sockets ofc!!)

EDIT: is it better to aim for the required sockets first or rather prioritize the stats on the gear itself?
Last edited by dransureu on Mar 3, 2018, 10:54:01 AM
"
dransureu wrote:
Ahh yes my eyes had deceived me! Thanks for the reply though! :)

I also started to wonder how do you easily get dex for the haste and maybe other things too? Do you get it passively from some of these passive nodes (that I just missed), ascendacies or maybe some equips? (The gear section only shows dex from the amulet and you need like 120-something in total).

As a sidenotre I just unlocked x2 frozen trails and loving this build! Cant wait to get my hands on whirling blades soon! (And more sockets ofc!!)

EDIT: is it better to aim for the required sockets first or rather prioritize the stats on the gear itself?

Most of your dex comes from Starkonja's Head. You can craft dex on gear or take +30 dex notes in your skill tree until you can equip it. Also it's not that important to have max lvl. Vaal Haste.

Tough question. I would say it depends, since some links are more important than others. You shouldn't worry about Orb of Storms, Immortal Call or Vaal Haste early on.
build is garbage. no mobility so any slow/stun mobs stunlock you and when you dispel the debuffs they reapply anyway and kill you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info