[3.2] How to clear 157/157 maps w/ Frostbolt Inquisitor [Updated for Bestiary league]

"
mtilhan wrote:
Hi,
Any chance you can check my character?
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/mtilhan/characters
I am at t4 maps atm and frankly dps is for map clearence is ok, it is no +90 lvl characters cleaning t12 maps speed yet but it is ok (since I don't have warlord ring yet). However my sustain is not much good. If I don't move a lot and keep running I can die easily, I am lvl 78 but t3 maps (70 lvl) boss fights can be really hard. I think dying a few times in boss fights at this level in t3 maps is not normal. So any chance someone can check my character to see what I am doing wrong?
The gem setup is kinda weird, since you're missing Elemental Focus. Empower is only beneficial at lvl. 3 and with a Skin of the Loyal. Probably you should be using Hypothermia + Ice Bite (see Gems section) or buy an Empower lvl. 3. Also that's supposed to be a late game setup, since you need a decent crit rate + gear to cut Critical Strikes Support. Furthermore you have neither an orb of storm + arcane surge + power charge on crit setup, nor a blasphemy + warlord's mark setup. You don't really need Clarity anymore. Both your damage and your survivability are suffering from that. Finally you should keep track of the lvl. requirement of your cast when damage taken setup, since it's currently not working correctly.

About your gear: The left ring does literally nothing for this build. The right ring and the amulet both have no life on them. Your eHp is around 5k, which is a bit low. Life is the single most important stat for you (after capping your resistances obviously). Consider getting a silver flask to boost your damage output.

Sorry for the little roast and I hope I could help you out. :)
Nope thanks for roasting. This was what I was looking for. This is my first char pass 15 lvl, and I thought since I came to the maps I am at the end game xD.

I didn't realize empower set up was for skin of loyal, it is too expensive for me yet xD. I changed my ring also changing the gems to lower levels did the trick now it is much more sustainable. Finding a good weapon and Green Dream seems like still away from me but we will see.

I have a question, how is the clearence speed of maps for currency farming in the future? I watched some stream of Zizaran and his deadeye build was really fast at t12 racecourse. Fast as in if he didn't take any items he probably finish the map in less then 2 mins maybe even 1 min easily.
"
mtilhan wrote:
Nope thanks for roasting. This was what I was looking for. This is my first char pass 15 lvl, and I thought since I came to the maps I am at the end game xD.

I didn't realize empower set up was for skin of loyal, it is too expensive for me yet xD. I changed my ring also changing the gems to lower levels did the trick now it is much more sustainable. Finding a good weapon and Green Dream seems like still away from me but we will see.

I have a question, how is the clearence speed of maps for currency farming in the future? I watched some stream of Zizaran and his deadeye build was really fast at t12 racecourse. Fast as in if he didn't take any items he probably finish the map in less then 2 mins maybe even 1 min easily.
Should be pretty fast if you press all your buttons (vaal haste, onslaught flask etc.). Usually I'm too lazy to do that though.
Can this build do the elemental reflective maps or am I doing something wrong?
"
mtilhan wrote:
Can this build do the elemental reflective maps or am I doing something wrong?
Would reroll them tbh. Theoretically it's possible with Sibyl's Lament and Soul of Yugul. Did it myself, but it's really anti fun.
I'm having a lot of fun with this build, I made a couple changes, however. I use Vaal Storm Call instead of Vaal Lightning Trap and I use Herald of Ice in place of Vaal Haste (mostly because I always forget to use it). I removed Elemental Focus Support and put in Chance to Ignite Support, seems to ignite quite a bit.

I have one question though, why Controlled Destruction? It takes away 100% Critical Strike chance... why?
"
micahlee1217 wrote:
I'm having a lot of fun with this build, I made a couple changes, however. I use Vaal Storm Call instead of Vaal Lightning Trap and I use Herald of Ice in place of Vaal Haste (mostly because I always forget to use it). I removed Elemental Focus Support and put in Chance to Ignite Support, seems to ignite quite a bit.

I have one question though, why Controlled Destruction? It takes away 100% Critical Strike chance... why?
I don't really understand the changes you made. Vaal Storm Call doesn't leave shocking ground, therefore it doesn't increase our Frostbolt damage. Herald of Ice is alright. It's about 5% more damage, but I don't think it's worth losing 25% of your mana and survivability. Elemental Focus is the strongest support gem you can get. Both freeze and ignite literally do nothing after tier 15.

Controlled Destruction reduces your crit chance effectively by 5%, which is nothing, considering you get up to 60%+ with a Diamond Flask. The spell damage boost though is huge.
Alright so maybe I'm missing something here but the 2nd frozen trail you have only has 20 int in its radius, right? Or am I insane. My friend is basing his build around yours and we're sitting here scratching our heads in frustration at this part.
"
Alright so maybe I'm missing something here but the 2nd frozen trail you have only has 20 int in its radius, right? Or am I insane. My friend is basing his build around yours and we're sitting here scratching our heads in frustration at this part.
You don't have to allocate the int nodes. They just need to be in the radius.
"
You don't have to allocate the int nodes. They just need to be in the radius.

Thanks for the info @amstafff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info