[3.2] How to clear 157/157 maps w/ Frostbolt Inquisitor [Updated for Bestiary league]

"
amstafff wrote:
"
aastr wrote:
Hi there,

I've been playing this as my league starter and I'm really enjoying it so far. I think I've reached a bit of a peak though where I can't progress without spending multiple ex per piece of gear, would you be able to have a quick look over my character and advise? Ignoring the gem level / quality obviously, that'll get done soon enough.

Also, how important is having 20q frostbolts before vaaling to try and hit 21?

Lastly, I've noticed that the DPS is really inconsistent. Like I can melt everything with flasks up, but as soon as they go down it becomes super slow. What am I doing wrong?
Just checked your character in PoB and it's true that you lack damage and mana. Your gear is decent, but there's still much room for improvement. For example the roll on your Divinarius is quite bad. The shield doesn't provide much damage. Also gem level and quality will greatly increase the damage. Apparently it's really tough to get perfect abyss jewels, so I would suggest using Skin of the Loyal instead.

I don't think it's price efficient to quality gems before vaaling them.

It is difficult, but I've already invested 3ex in getting perfect jewels :) Didn't realise the link didn't include them.

I'll try upgrading the divinarius and the shield.
I'm having a lot of fun with this build, it feels very smooth so far, though I'm still at mid-tier maps.
It also seemed to give me an uncommon luck with drops, so I ended up managing to make enough currency for a Green Dream and the Empower setup.
Just got the Warlord's Mark ring this weekend, hopefully I'll be able to get to higher tier maps and complete some challenges next weekend.
Thank you, OP, hope to see you develop more fun builds for the next leagues!
I see you updated the new body armour and removed the crit chance gem to empower, how do you still stay at 40% crit chance for the spell? mine dropped to 29% after removing :/
How do you sustain mana and life in this build ?
"

Early on, dump Herald of Ice, instead go for the Warlord's Mark - Blasphemy setup. Only grab Mind Over Matter when your unreserved Mana Pool is around 0,4x of your Life.
As soon as you make enough currency, grab a rare ring with the Warlord's Mark on Hit mod from the Elder, then you can swap the Blasphemy setup for Herald of Ice.
"
xmadruguinha wrote:
I'm having a lot of fun with this build, it feels very smooth so far, though I'm still at mid-tier maps.
It also seemed to give me an uncommon luck with drops, so I ended up managing to make enough currency for a Green Dream and the Empower setup.
Just got the Warlord's Mark ring this weekend, hopefully I'll be able to get to higher tier maps and complete some challenges next weekend.
Thank you, OP, hope to see you develop more fun builds for the next leagues!
Thank you very much for the kind words. :)

"
Rexion96 wrote:
I see you updated the new body armour and removed the crit chance gem to empower, how do you still stay at 40% crit chance for the spell? mine dropped to 29% after removing :/
I ran some calculations in PoB and Controlled Destruction usually results in a higher damage output. Feel free to use Inc. Critical Strikes, if it feels more consistent to you.

"
xmadruguinha wrote:
"

Early on, dump Herald of Ice, instead go for the Warlord's Mark - Blasphemy setup. Only grab Mind Over Matter when your unreserved Mana Pool is around 0,4x of your Life.
As soon as you make enough currency, grab a rare ring with the Warlord's Mark on Hit mod from the Elder, then you can swap the Blasphemy setup for Herald of Ice.
Perfectly explained.
I love ur build m8
Off top question - what filter do you use on videos?
The build is wonderful, still leveling but smooth as hell.
"
Kennobi1975 wrote:
I love ur build m8

Thanks man!

"
KellyLark wrote:
Off top question - what filter do you use on videos?
The build is wonderful, still leveling but smooth as hell.

I use NeverSink's itemfilter. Tweaked it to show everything I want to pick up, neither more nor less. Should be something between "strict" and "very strict".
"
amstafff wrote:
I use NeverSink's itemfilter. Tweaked it to show everything I want to pick up, neither more nor less. Should be something between "strict" and "very strict".

Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info