[3.7-Slayer] 2h Freezing Cyclone! *Out Dated*

"
Muirey wrote:
I am learning the uber elder fight right now an man what a cluster fuck ha! Maybe it's left over from my MMO days but I always HATE when a boss mechanic seems to require one specific item and Uber elder seems to require Kaom's roots.

I'm 3 sets down and have gotten to just before the last phase(30%ish on both). Shaper slam during elders death circle is by far my favorite combo during the fight so far.

Regardless of all that, Uber elder is doable. That said you won't be farming uber elder with this build unless maybe you have them godlike mechanic dodging skills that I totally lack! :D
Well that's a little disappointing. I've been leveling this as my 2nd character of the league, and I was hoping it would be an more defensive option for uber elder. PoB numbers looked fine, so i wasn't expecting this.

Re Kaom's roots, the uber elder attempts i've made on my GC miner have all been without it. I had other issues (one shots!), but didnt feel the elder slow was an issue worth changing gear for.
Hi can you take a look at my character? I don't really know how to make my character have 700k dps and my HP is really low even though I took most of the life nodes.

https://pastebin.com/fyKhm9nn
"
_天_ wrote:
Well that's a little disappointing. I've been leveling this as my 2nd character of the league, and I was hoping it would be an more defensive option for uber elder. PoB numbers looked fine, so i wasn't expecting this.

Re Kaom's roots, the uber elder attempts i've made on my GC miner have all been without it. I had other issues (one shots!), but didnt feel the elder slow was an issue worth changing gear for.

Depends on the movement skill you are using but leap slam gets hurt pretty bad on the fight.

What I mean by farming is... well take shaper for example: Zone in, spin around abit, boss dies, profit(maybe!).

Uber elder wasn't one shotting me it was just me dieing to bad combos of both elder/shaper. Like shaper slam in the middle of elder death zone or getting hit by one shaper ball right as elder ice spears hit. It was always a combo of things but maybe that's just me trying to rush? It is also only an issue during the Elder dps parts. Dps feels fine so maybe the next time I make attempts I will just take it slower and focus on dodging. Only dps elder when shaper is doing his beam to be safe.

Anyway, I don't see it being unkillable. I haven't done anymore on it since I last posted but I'll jump back in on it soon. PoE'd out at the moment heh.

"
Akuq wrote:
Hi can you take a look at my character? I don't really know how to make my character have 700k dps and my HP is really low even though I took most of the life nodes.

https://pastebin.com/fyKhm9nn

Aside from using conc effect/inc aoe swapping or elemental focus in cyclone setup only a sixth link in disfavour will be a big boost to damage.

Opal rings, Hrimburn would add some ignite dps but they are super popular this league with all the triple herald elementalists using them.

Hp wise, you have good life rolls on your rares and are where you should be HP wise but if you feel it lacking swapping carcass jack out for that offers more life is an option. There are a lot of great rare chests this league with like 115+ flat life and 8-10% maximum life. Last I checked they were very cheap as well.
Decided to try out the build since converting to cold seemed kinda cool. :P
But I seem to be lacking survivability atm. Would you have any suggestions?

https://pastebin.com/acpEvD6n
"
Mordred324 wrote:
Decided to try out the build since converting to cold seemed kinda cool. :P
But I seem to be lacking survivability atm. Would you have any suggestions?

https://pastebin.com/acpEvD6n

Your gear and stats look pretty ok, but I would take a look at flasks. I would get rid of Chalice and use maybe Lion's Roar or a pure defensive flask like Granite or Rumi's. Then I'd get an instant recovery life flask (we already have sustain from leeching and usually Vaal Pact, so instant HP recovery is more valuable than another regular pot). Those 2 changes will probably help a lot.
Is it worth to use the Cold Steel unique jewel?
It swaps all physical damage increases/reductions with cold damage.

In the same place as the othe unique jewel in the build it increases dps by 12k but decreases int
Last edited by Masterjojojo on Jul 14, 2018, 4:50:06 AM
Technically any jewel in that slot would be higher dps than Brute Force solution BUT you would then have to get all that Int somewhere else. For myself I find it much easier to focus on getting high life/resist/ and maybe damage rolls on my gear instead of also adding in int to that mix.

It also allows for swapping around items freely without screwing yourself by having no int suddenly.

If you happen to have enough Int on your gear by all means take out brute force solution but cold steel will probably be less damage than an ok rolled rare. By changing all the physical damage increase into cold damage increases you are making the number you convert to cold smaller and then buffing it afterwards. Generally it is better to already have a big number of X damage before converting. Some things like Hatred use the pre-conversion number for example.
Just hit 75, been following your build and i was shocked how easy uber lab was :o

I just hate the place and really dont want to run it again to get right enchants, maybe next season ;)

"
Christof wrote:
Just hit 75, been following your build and i was shocked how easy uber lab was :o

I just hate the place and really dont want to run it again to get right enchants, maybe next season ;)

Very late but glad you enjoyed your uber lab ;)

Guide updated for 3.4. Very slight changed all mentioned in the spoiler in main post. I didn't see anything else important in the patch notes but if someone else noticed feel free to post and I will add it in.

Looking forward to delve! Seems like a mechanic built very will for cycloning around the cart as it goes. Maybe it will keep me hooked longer than incursion. Fingers crossed XD

One note, the passive tree's will be updated to the 3.4 tree soon but I first want to try out the two new nodes holy Dominion/Divine Fervour.
Last edited by Muirey on Aug 30, 2018, 9:58:53 PM
Would you recommend getting holy dominion and divine fervour as soon as possible?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info