[3.6] Ele Spectral Throw Slayer/Pathfinder (7.5k+ HP, 1.5M+ Shaper DPS, All Content down- VIDS)

"
vaynard2 wrote:
"
Mure83 wrote:
With 25ex, this build honestly won't feel that great lol. It takes a lot of currency to get it to the point of my videos for example.

the only really expensive 25+++ex item im seeing is the dual wrath watchers eye, otherise the build seems cheap, am I missing something here? abyss jewels??

Jewels, weapon, rings and amulet are the expensive parts, yes.
Hey Mure83

Since we are stacking quite a bit of flat lightning on the weapon / jewells and so on...what are our chances of shocking enimies / bosses / shaper ?
are we shocking them all, or not ?

:)
"
hyyyben wrote:
Hey Mure83

Since we are stacking quite a bit of flat lightning on the weapon / jewells and so on...what are our chances of shocking enimies / bosses / shaper ?
are we shocking them all, or not ?

:)

All regular map mobs are getting shocked plus the map bosses. Guardians and Shaper do get shocked but I'm sure it's not a big shock or anything, and I really couldn't tell you exactly what kind of %'s we're talking about on Shaper.
I had quite a few gear from an old ST so decided to give this one a try.

1. I'm not sure I quite understand why Damage on Full life. Apart from the time when you face tank and constantly leech you are never at full life due to Blood Rage. Swapped for Empower 4 and damage has increased. I will probably recolour and swap for Inc Crit damage in the end.

2. I have a +1 curse amy and thinking of linking Totem + CoH + "Curse" purely for 1v1 on bosses. Can't decide between Projectile Weakness vs Elem Weakness.

3. Is deceleration ench much better than 40% dmg? Asking as I already have the second one and quite lazy to run labs again.

4. BIS ench for boots? I'm currently swapping between 16% attack speed for clearing and flat light for end game bosses.

5. I personally prefer Soul of Garukhan for the extra evade. + Jade flask i get to 75%. ( to be mentioned I went for the Raider path)

I still need to level up some gems, get a few jewels and the gloves. At the moment I am at 46K ( with GMP) in h/o. Using a 300 ish edps claw at the moment which I will upgrade at some point.

I will post the final result once is done. thanks
Last edited by alecs87 on Nov 2, 2018, 4:06:21 PM
Question; Why Damage on full life support linked to ST?

Love the build btw, im just wondering why not switch for added cold or added light for more consistent dps while you will most likely not be on full life 100% of the time.

Thanks for your time,

Kobra
IGNs:
[STANDARD]
@Icemyst
@Hailfire
@Sylixa
"
Kobrakai wrote:
Question; Why Damage on full life support linked to ST?

Love the build btw, im just wondering why not switch for added cold or added light for more consistent dps while you will most likely not be on full life 100% of the time.

Thanks for your time,

Kobra

it because the ascndy choose as slayer, will mostly all the time HP will be full,
~~There will be no more for mercy~~
"
alecs87 wrote:
I had quite a few gear from an old ST so decided to give this one a try.

1. I'm not sure I quite understand why Damage on Full life. Apart from the time when you face tank and constantly leech you are never at full life due to Blood Rage. Swapped for Empower 4 and damage has increased. I will probably recolour and swap for Inc Crit damage in the end.

2. I have a +1 curse amy and thinking of linking Totem + CoH + "Curse" purely for 1v1 on bosses. Can't decide between Projectile Weakness vs Elem Weakness.

3. Is deceleration ench much better than 40% dmg? Asking as I already have the second one and quite lazy to run labs again.

4. BIS ench for boots? I'm currently swapping between 16% attack speed for clearing and flat light for end game bosses.

5. I personally prefer Soul of Garukhan for the extra evade. + Jade flask i get to 75%. ( to be mentioned I went for the Raider path)

I still need to level up some gems, get a few jewels and the gloves. At the moment I am at 46K ( with GMP) in h/o. Using a 300 ish edps claw at the moment which I will upgrade at some point.

I will post the final result once is done. thanks

Damage on full life is no longer affected by Blood rage, so you still get it even with blood rage running.

The Totem thing is interesting, I may do some research into it.

I Like deceleration better for sure than 40% damage because it extends the range of ST which makes maping much smoother imo.

BIS enchant for boots is the flat lightning or Pen depending on your gear.
Can you explain me why are you chosing 30% reduced projectile deceleration than 40% ST dmg?
Thanks a lot for the build, managed my first Uber Elder kill with it.

:D
"
Mure83 wrote:
With the introduction of 3.1 and Abyss jewels, I was looking to create an amazing and tanky elemental Spectral Throw character. After trying a raider I moved on to Scion and haven't looked back. I hope you enjoy the guide!

Videos:

Uber Elder: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvwtvmmehx4&t

Uber Atziri: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TC5roj-k3Q&t

Shaper: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z1jTfV31Jw

Minotaur : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skEefA4kr-8

T13 Map: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWpHOkX-inE&t=

Guardians die in seconds now with current gear.

My twitch: twitch.tv/dopaminequest

POB Link: https://pastebin.com/7v656Sbq

Gear:

This build is built around the Scion combo of Slayer/Pathfinder. The Slayer leech is incredible, as are its 20% increased damage while leeching, and cull. I chose pathfinder as my second ascendancy for perma flasks and the 6% pen and 10% attack speed during flasks. Either Pathfinder or Raider will work well, depending on your preferences.

The build focuses on using Shroud of the Lightless to utilize the Level 20 Elemental Penetration support, plus it's invulnerability procs soul of Arakaali. You could go with a Belly of the Beast for 500 more hp, but I feel 7.5k is plenty. I like two socket Tombfists, opting out of a Headhunter for them. Headhunter is amazing as always, but I wanted a more well rounded build that could dish out the single target as well. Starkonja's and Lycosidae are BIS. A decent pair of tri res boots and two Opal rings round out the build.

This build is going to cost some currency to get running. Lycosidae is must have, and if you can't afford a Shroud, a 5L Belly should do just fine to start. If a claw is tough to come by, a good 350ish ele dps Foil should be fairly cheap to start with. Starkonja's with Projectile Deceleration enchant is my favorite, and shouldn't be too expensive. You can start with decent Diamond rings if Opals are too expensive. You need to get all your resists from your belt, boots, and jewelry.

Skill Tree:

These trees are for the sword variant. For claws, replace the Fatal Blade wheel with Soul Raker, drop Vitality Void, and choose between another jewel socket or Claws of the Pride. I found the easiest skill to level with was Molten Strike/Ancestral call, and the tree works for both it and Spectral throw. Took Molten strike into maps until I could afford enough gear to make ST feel good.

42 Points- First Ascendancy: -

68 Points- Second Ascendancy: -

92 Points- Third Ascendancy: -

Level 87 Tree- Uber Ascendancy: -

Level 100 Tree -

Bandits: - Help Alira

Ascendancy Order: - Slayer first, and then Pathfinder, and finally Path of the Ranger.

Pantheons: - Soul of Arakaali. When Immortal call procs, it stops your bloodrage, enabling this souls amazing 50% recovery of life, which applies to your leech rate.

Minor: - Soul of Ryslatha, seems to be the most viable option.

Skill Links:

Main Skill: Spectral Throw - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Increased Critical Strikes - Damage on full life. Swap GMP with Slower Projectiles for single target.

Note: Depending on your gear and how much flat elemental damage you have from jewels and your weapon, Added Cold or Lightning damage could push ahead of one of the crit gems. Check POB to make sure.

Curse/Or PCoC: Curse on Hit - Herald of Ice - Assassin's Mark - Wrath
Power Charge on Crit/Increased Critical Strikes/Orb of Storms

Movement Skill: Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Culling Strike (attack speed on quality)

Golem: Ice or Lightning - Minion Life

Defense: Cast when damage taken - Increased Duration - Immortal Call

Blood Rage: Blood Rage - Increased Duration (to proc your Pantheon's Leech, and frenzies.)

Put Wrath and Herald of Ice wherever they'll fit.

Flasks:

Atziri's, Wise Oak, and Diamond are no brainers. If you go Raider instead of Pathfinder, you can replace the Onslaught flask with a defensive flask, or a Vinktar if you'd prefer more damage.

Jewels:

Amulet/Rings: 70+ Life/ Crit Multi/ Ele Damage/ Flat Ele Dmg/ Crit Chance

Boots: 85+ Life, Tri res to cover any needed resists and hopefully balance wise oak

Belt: 90+ Life/ Resists as needed/ Ele Damage

Jewels: 35+ Life/ Flat Lightning dmg/ Cold/Fire Dmg / Attack Speed/ Crit Multi

Try to get one of each of the unique buffs from jewels, like increased damage if killed recently, increased attack speed when crit recently, ect.

Thanks for checking out my guide. Hopefully it helps you make a fun and enjoyable character! If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info