[3.6] Ele Spectral Throw Slayer/Pathfinder (7.5k+ HP, 1.5M+ Shaper DPS, All Content down- VIDS)

With the introduction of 3.1 and Abyss jewels, I was looking to create an amazing and tanky elemental Spectral Throw character. After trying a raider I moved on to Scion and haven't looked back. I hope you enjoy the guide!

Videos:

Uber Elder: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvwtvmmehx4&t

Uber Atziri: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TC5roj-k3Q&t

Shaper: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z1jTfV31Jw

Minotaur : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skEefA4kr-8

T13 Map: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWpHOkX-inE&t=

Guardians die in seconds now with current gear.

My twitch: twitch.tv/dopaminequest

POB Link: https://pastebin.com/7v656Sbq

Gear:

Kills in Videos above were done way before I had any mirror gear.

This build is built around the Scion combo of Slayer/Pathfinder. The Slayer leech is incredible, as are its 20% increased damage while leeching, and cull. I chose pathfinder as my second ascendancy for perma flasks and the 6% pen and 10% attack speed during flasks. Either Pathfinder or Raider will work well, depending on your preferences.

The build focuses on using Shroud of the Lightless to utilize the Level 20 Elemental Penetration support, plus it's invulnerability procs soul of Arakaali. You could go with a Belly of the Beast for 500 more hp, but I feel 7.5k is plenty. I like two socket Tombfists, opting out of a Headhunter for them. Headhunter is amazing as always, but I wanted a more well rounded build that could dish out the single target as well. Starkonja's and Lycosidae are BIS. A decent pair of tri res boots and two Opal rings round out the build.

This build is going to cost some currency to get running. Lycosidae is must have, and if you can't afford a Shroud, a 5L Belly should do just fine to start. If a claw is tough to come by, a good 350ish ele dps Foil should be fairly cheap to start with. Starkonja's with Projectile Deceleration enchant is my favorite, and shouldn't be too expensive. You can start with decent Diamond rings if Opals are too expensive. You need to get all your resists from your belt, boots, and jewelry.

Skill Tree:

These trees are for the sword variant. For claws, replace the Fatal Blade wheel with Soul Raker, drop Vitality Void, and choose between another jewel socket or Claws of the Pride. I found the easiest skill to level with was Molten Strike/Ancestral call, and the tree works for both it and Spectral throw. Took Molten strike into maps until I could afford enough gear to make ST feel good.

42 Points- First Ascendancy: -

68 Points- Second Ascendancy: -

92 Points- Third Ascendancy: -

Level 87 Tree- Uber Ascendancy: -

Level 100 Tree -

Bandits: - Help Alira

Ascendancy Order: - Slayer first, and then Pathfinder, and finally Path of the Ranger.

Pantheons: - Soul of Arakaali. When Immortal call procs, it stops your bloodrage, enabling this souls amazing 50% recovery of life, which applies to your leech rate.

Minor: - Soul of Ryslatha, seems to be the most viable option.

Skill Links:

Main Skill: Spectral Throw - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Increased Critical Strikes - Damage on full life. Swap GMP with Slower Projectiles for single target.

Note: Depending on your gear and how much flat elemental damage you have from jewels and your weapon, Added Cold or Lightning damage could push ahead of one of the crit gems. Check POB to make sure.

Curse/Or PCoC: Curse on Hit - Herald of Ice - Assassin's Mark - Wrath
Power Charge on Crit/Increased Critical Strikes/Orb of Storms

Movement Skill: Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Culling Strike (attack speed on quality)

Golem: Ice or Lightning - Minion Life

Defense: Cast when damage taken - Increased Duration - Immortal Call

Blood Rage: Blood Rage - Increased Duration (to proc your Pantheon's Leech, and frenzies.)

Put Wrath and Herald of Ice wherever they'll fit.

Flasks:

Atziri's, Wise Oak, and Diamond are no brainers. If you go Raider instead of Pathfinder, you can replace the Onslaught flask with a defensive flask, or a Vinktar if you'd prefer more damage.

Jewels:

Amulet/Rings: 70+ Life/ Crit Multi/ Ele Damage/ Flat Ele Dmg/ Crit Chance

Boots: 85+ Life, Tri res to cover any needed resists and hopefully balance wise oak

Belt: 90+ Life/ Resists as needed/ Ele Damage

Jewels: 35+ Life/ Flat Lightning dmg/ Cold/Fire Dmg / Attack Speed/ Crit Multi

Try to get one of each of the unique buffs from jewels, like increased damage if killed recently, increased attack speed when crit recently, ect.

Thanks for checking out my guide. Hopefully it helps you make a fun and enjoyable character! If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Last edited by Mure83 on Mar 9, 2019, 12:07:02 PM
Last bumped on Sep 18, 2020, 2:33:22 PM
The build should be fine for the upcoming league, although I wouldn't recommend it as a league starter due to increased rarity of abyss jewels and uniques. You can level with Molten Strike/ancestral call and map with it until you can afford to switch to ST. Should remain unchanged for Standard players.
Last edited by Mure83 on Mar 26, 2018, 11:32:20 AM
Heyo, I'm super interested in trying out your build, however I have a little question. The first thing that made me want to try this build is the little hardcore tag in the thread title; I exclusively play hardcore so having a more durable character goes a long way. What I wanted to know is, how does this build compares to this Ele ST ranger. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1839087. From the early stages of this build, I definitely like the defensive points pickup, as well as picking Scion as the character base. What you think?

Edit: I forgot to ask what should I do as a leveling alternative instead of Lycosidae, as I haven't got the currency to pick one up.
Last edited by Hu_5ky on Jan 11, 2018, 9:39:55 PM
Yes, how much currency do i have to spend to aproximate to your dps?
"
Hu_5ky wrote:
Heyo, I'm super interested in trying out your build, however I have a little question. The first thing that made me want to try this build is the little hardcore tag in the thread title; I exclusively play hardcore so having a more durable character goes a long way. What I wanted to know is, how does this build compares to this Ele ST ranger. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1839087. From the early stages of this build, I definitely like the defensive points pickup, as well as picking Scion as the character base. What you think?

Edit: I forgot to ask what should I do as a leveling alternative instead of Lycosidae, as I haven't got the currency to pick one up.

It's funny you should ask, I started the league as an Ele ST Raider. I leveled it to 98, and compared to the scion, it felt a lot more squishy. First off, with the same gear my raider had 6650ish HP compared to the 7.6k of the scion. Second, the scion also has the Slayer leech, which is a HUGE boost to survivability. If I were playing hardcore, I'd go with this build over a Ranger every time.

Also about leveling, I leveled with just two ele foils. I bought like a 1 chaos foil every 10 levels or something and it felt just fine. You could level as spectral, cyclone, or even something like frostblades or molten strike with ancestral call.

Edit: Forgot to mention, if you replaced the Shroud of the Lightless with a Belly of the Beast (since you're planning hardcore I'd probably go this route), you'd lose maybe 10-20% damage but go over 8k HP with my current gear.
Last edited by Mure83 on Jan 11, 2018, 10:57:11 PM
"
Mure83 wrote:
"
Hu_5ky wrote:

It's funny you should ask, I started the league as an Ele ST Raider. I leveled it to 98, and compared to the scion, it felt a lot more squishy. First off, with the same gear my raider had 6650ish HP compared to the 7.6k of the scion. Second, the scion also has the Slayer leech, which is a HUGE boost to survivability. If I were playing hardcore, I'd go with this build over a Ranger every time.

Also about leveling, I leveled with just two ele foils. I bought like a 1 chaos foil every 10 levels or something and it felt just fine. You could level as spectral, cyclone, or even something like frostblades or molten strike with ancestral call.

Edit: Forgot to mention, if you replaced the Shroud of the Lightless with a Belly of the Beast (since you're planning hardcore I'd probably go this route), you'd lose maybe 10-20% damage but go over 8k HP with my current gear.

Good to know! Thanks for the quick reply, you definitely got me sold on this variation of ST. Good thing I started leveling my Scion already hehe :)
I seriously asked how much currency do i have to spend... IM interested on giving this build a try
Last edited by Fedega on Jan 12, 2018, 3:38:20 AM
"
Fedega wrote:
I seriously asked how much currency do i have to spend... IM interested on giving this build a try

To get my level of gear would be quite expensive. If you want an exact amount of what my gear cost I'd say 200ish exalts. This was my starter build this league, though. It cleared T10-T12 maps with less than half my dps quite easily, bosses def won't feel anything like the vids without a decent set of gear.
"
Mure83 wrote:
"
Fedega wrote:

To get my level of gear would be quite expensive. If you want an exact amount of what my gear cost I'd say 200ish exalts. This was my starter build this league, though. It cleared T10-T12 maps with less than half my dps quite easily, bosses def won't feel anything like the vids without a decent set of gear.

Thanks for reply, i have like 30 40 exalts to spend, do u think i can do end game with that amount? or at least t15 maps and guardians?
Anyway DPS tooltip?

As a Raider - wich one ascendancy?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info