Alt Right symbolism

"
KiadawP wrote:
"
davemancke wrote:
"
Completed 8 Challengesrobmafia wrote:
steven bannon has literally nothing to do with the "alt-right" and wtf is "neo nationalism?"

this thread's hilarious.


If you think that you are either, deaf and blind, or you are a liar.

In an interview with, of all things, Mother Jones on 8/22/16, "Breitbart News is the platform for the Alt-Right"


I was skeptical if Breitbart ist ALT-RIGHT plaform, but you said Mother Jones' said no, then it must be true.

End of discussion. Anyone that disagree is a Russian troll.


While I agree it is seemingly bizarre that Breitbart Bannon (see my point) would appear on that publication, he has done many a hostile interview. The question came up on Charlie Rose when Bannon [Steve] appeared on the program using the nomenclature "economic nationalism"

Pair that nomenclature with his overall political history and its impossible to miss the meaning.

The site he ran until this week was and remains a train wreck. They have an entire section of the site devoted to criminalizing people of color. Yes, the Alt-Right is racist. They made that clear. Trump made that clear.


Was Trump talking about this game when he said, "some very find people" ..? On, no, that's right. He was talking about the vilest of creatures in Charlottesville, including a member of this, 'very fine' crew that murdered people.

I will gladly admit my concern about the game content was misplaced, but you have renewed my concerns about denizens of the internet and MMO's
"
davemancke wrote:


They have an entire section of the site devoted to criminalizing people of color.


I'm genuinely curious, show me.
https://contrakrugman.com/
Can we please stop discussing US internal affairs on a gaming forum?
Except for US citizens noone gives a shit. Dont like Trump? Dont elect him next time, problem solved.


As for the topic of symbols used in this game:
Did the thought, that GGG wanted it look like Nazis to get idea across without explanations, ever cross your mind? Everyone likes shooting, stabbing, generally murdering Nazis in video games.
They are super convenient, because literally noone cares, if you murder/kill them. Nazis are representing "The Evil" - so are the Templars and the Oriathian Civilization in this game.

No thought or brainpower needed. Just kill them and feel good about it.
And thats most likely been the end of GGGs thought process.

No need to read political ambitions or agendas into it.
"
Completed 13 ChallengesOrbaal wrote:
Can we please stop discussing US internal affairs on a gaming forum?
Except for US citizens noone gives a shit. Dont like Trump? Dont elect him next time, problem solved.


As for the topic of symbols used in this game:
Did the thought, that GGG wanted it look like Nazis to get idea across without explanations, ever cross your mind? Everyone likes shooting, stabbing, generally murdering Nazis in video games.
They are super convenient, because literally noone cares, if you murder/kill them. Nazis are representing "The Evil" - so are the Templars and the Oriathian Civilization in this game.

No thought or brainpower needed. Just kill them and feel good about it.
And thats most likely been the end of GGGs thought process.

No need to read political ambitions or agendas into it.


Your reply underscores my initial concerns. That the use of these symbols is A) impossible to miss. B) ultimately needless and C) wildly ignorant of things going on not just in the US. consider the events in Warsaw recently. Consider the political climate of Austria.

I get that there is no intention to promote fascism on the part of the folks that make this product. I didn't think that was really the case to begin with. That said, with images as striking as this given the current political climate of the US and Europe, it would be irresponsible to not raise the question.

I'll drop the intent concern, but not the argument that is was a massive mistake when we consider the content in their totality.
"
Completed 12 ChallengesBossOfThisGym wrote:
"
davemancke wrote:


They have an entire section of the site devoted to criminalizing people of color.


I'm genuinely curious, show me.


Wait, are you asking him to provide evidences? Are you racist or a Russian Troll. Evidences are racist!
"
KiadawP wrote:
"
Completed 12 ChallengesBossOfThisGym wrote:
"
davemancke wrote:


They have an entire section of the site devoted to criminalizing people of color.


I'm genuinely curious, show me.


Wait, are you asking him to provide evidences? Are you racist or a Russian Troll. Evidences are racist!


http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/28/5-devastating-facts-black-black-crime/

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/05/24/black-black-crime-blame-system-ignore-evidence/

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2016/10/05/seahawks-wr-baldwin-blames-black-on-black-crime-on-slavery5183536/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/is-breitbart-news-veering-away-from-the-farthest-far-right/2017/06/06/35f91160-4ad1-11e7-a186-60c031eab644_story.html?utm_term=.3b23361cd129

The WaPost article goes to the recent revisions and the site has made an attempt of late to distances itself from white nationalism in the wake of Milo and Bannon [Steve]

These articles formerly appeared in section of the site navigable from the home page title, "Black Crime Watch"

Ponder the evidence
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
davemancke wrote:
Are the developers saying they never once thought of Steve Bannon, at the time still chief adviser to the President, when they chose that name..? Come on! Nobody thought of that? It didn't come up in one meeting?

...Who?



for the record I had no idea who steve bannon was, or what the salute thing was.

I am aware trump had a goon and I think Ive heard him say some stupid stuff, but that his name was steve bannon was a piece of information that had obviously gone in one of my ears and then straight into the wastebin.

I think the recent left v right, nazis vs antifa thing a bit redundant tbh. From what I can tell 99% of it is just kids and idiots who like getting angry shouting at each other in increasingly polarising and pointless fashions. It holds all the importance of 2 drunk people arguing each other into a fight outside a nightclub at 3am to me. Seems more about ego attention whoring and conflict bating trollism than actual practical realistic politics for the most.

I give it about as much attention as I give fidget spinners and pokemon, Im aware they exist, and thats unfortunate enough for me, absolutely 0 desire to expand on that awareness if i can help it.


"
Vipermagi wrote:

(Alex Jones? Who?)



[Removed by Support]



he used to be a hilarious internet conspiracy goon who was convinced a 4000 year old satanic cult was running the world via sinister hidden handshakes and occult symbolism. As a metaphor it kind of works but the guy was either completely sold on the literal existence of it or making bank of pretending he was.

Since trump came around hes changed his tune away from reptile moon bases and bohemian molak sacrifice orgies and has decided to be a hypeman for the establishment in its most idiotic hour. Quite bizarre really.

You missed the good old days when alex jones was a an amusing lunatic mate, now hes just another tiresome moron in an echobox getting angry about not much of anything.
Last edited by Nick_GGG on Jan 11, 2018, 1:05:49 PM
This thread got way less amusing the moment the right wing crazies showed up :(.

Guess that’s true in general.

On topic: the boss of the grotto map is called FireFury and is a giant squid. It’s been this way since I believe 2015. Coincidence or foresight?
Last edited by Vesuvius079 on Jan 11, 2018, 12:41:33 PM
It's time to close this thread.

Only insults and [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Ethan_GGG on Jan 11, 2018, 2:09:38 PM
"
davemancke wrote:


http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/28/5-devastating-facts-black-black-crime/

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/05/24/black-black-crime-blame-system-ignore-evidence/

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2016/10/05/seahawks-wr-baldwin-blames-black-on-black-crime-on-slavery5183536/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/is-breitbart-news-veering-away-from-the-farthest-far-right/2017/06/06/35f91160-4ad1-11e7-a186-60c031eab644_story.html?utm_term=.3b23361cd129

The WaPost article goes to the recent revisions and the site has made an attempt of late to distances itself from white nationalism in the wake of Milo and Bannon [Steve]

These articles formerly appeared in section of the site navigable from the home page title, "Black Crime Watch"

Ponder the evidence


The evidence supports all the statements above. Facts are racist only to the Left... people like you, who refuse to see the evidence in front of them.

Black on Black crime is the #1 killer of all Blacks (via homicide) in the USA, by far. Nothing else is even close.

But please, keep telling us all about how Trump is racist, and literally Hitler.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info