Alt Right symbolism

"
Telzen wrote:
[Removed by Support] Yeah GGG are supporting the alt right by having us kill soldiers from a Nazi like regime, oh wait.

I'm in the US, and even pay attention to politics on a daily basis, and didn't even think about the names. You know why? Because Bannon is just a name, and I'm sure there are a ton of people named that.

I got a fifty that says you voted for Trump.
Last edited by Ethan_GGG on Jan 11, 2018, 2:07:32 PM
steven bannon has literally nothing to do with the "alt-right" and wtf is "neo nationalism?"

this thread's hilarious.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Media and art should always hold a mirror before ourselves to make us reflect on what still isn't gone completely.

Taboos serve nobody.

As a German I am very susceptible to these things. We are very aware of our horrible past and it gets constantly brought up in almost any context.

A German politician recently twittered about "the final solution to the refugee problem" and people went apeshit instantly because it can remind you of the "Endlösung", if you want it to.

I don't think we can ever overcome dangerous ideologies like this, media and art have to be the ones to remind us why this is bad.

And from what I've seen PoE does exactly that.
Perception is reality.
Huh, I never made the connection between Bannon and Steve Bannon until I read this amazingly enlightened thread. Just a name really, and personality-wise they couldn't be more different. I'd go into detail but eh, you've played the game. You've listened to the dialogue I'm sure. Oriathan Bannon is so unlike Trumpian Bannon that you'd have to be sort of obsessed with Trumpian Bannon to even see a link beyond the name.

Now I'm having a hard time not imagining the recently disowned Steve Bannon serving as a vessel for Trump's defeated leftovers. Which in turn means someone defeated him. Some mass-murdering psychopath allied with Sin. And here I thought PoE didn't truck with wish fulfillment...

Then again, Innocence and Trump do have this much in common: they LOVE to start sentences with the declarative 'I AM!' and solve most of their problems with fire and fury. Innocence's twitter would be hilarious.

Wait, does this mean that The Beast represents Russia? HMMMMMMMMMM.

That'd mean that Oriath is the US. Hmm. Long-running history of enslaving people of colour? Check. Theocratic tradition? Check. Weaponised science? Check. Attempted invasions of foreign lands to pillage their resources under the guise of a 'crusade'? Check.

My god, you've cracked the true meaning of Path of Exile, Davo! I'm sure this is exactly what GGG had in mind when they started to develop this game in 2010, in a garage in Auckland, New Zealand. You're totally not projecting *at all*.

This thread is fucking gold. You're a star, OP. :)

PS I live in Australia. Save your fifties if you want to bet on who I voted for, should the temptation have tickled you.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Jan 10, 2018, 10:21:36 PM
"
Innocence's twitter would be hilarious.

"We've been sending these deplorable criminals into exile on Wraeclast for years. But they refuse to stay away from the decent folk, amazing people, all over Oriath who are proud to wear their Innocence Purity Armbands. Dominus was too soft on these guys, giving them too much....

.... freedom and now he's dead. Dead Domi. SAD. That is why we must build a wall around Wraeclast! We will build it out of the Beast's bones and the haters and losers in Lioneye's Watch will pay for it all. Believe me folks. I am your God! MAOA!!!"
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
the only thing that's missing is a "low energy" remark. haha
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
"
Innocence's twitter would be hilarious.

"We've been sending these deplorable criminals into exile on Wraeclast for years. But they refuse to stay away from the decent folk, amazing people, all over Oriath who are proud to wear their Innocence Purity Armbands. Dominus was too soft on these guys, giving them too much....

.... freedom and now he's dead. Dead Domi. SAD. That is why we must build a wall around Wraeclast! We will build it out of the Beast's bones and the haters and losers in Lioneye's Watch will pay for it all. Believe me folks. I am your God! MAOA!!!"

"Terrible @PietyNotVinia refusing to admit Exiles are crossing the water and into our homes. Shame on failing Ebony Legion for fake reports! Totally Unoriathan. Put your trust in good guy @AvariusTemp, who is great, the greatest. I AM THE SWORD! #MOGA!"
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
davemancke wrote:
"
Telzen wrote:
Wow what a moron. Yeah GGG are supporting the alt right by having us kill soldiers from a Nazi like regime, oh wait.

I'm in the US, and even pay attention to politics on a daily basis, and didn't even think about the names. You know why? Because Bannon is just a name, and I'm sure there are a ton of people named that.

I got a fifty that says you voted for Trump.
Life long democrat actually. How do you want to send my money over?
Last edited by Telzen on Jan 11, 2018, 12:17:39 AM
Lady Dialla is hillary?
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
"
robmafia wrote:
steven bannon has literally nothing to do with the "alt-right" and wtf is "neo nationalism?"

this thread's hilarious.

Hail Trump, let's make Wraeclast great again!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info