War for the Atlas Concept Art

I think a lot of what you are upset about is not the adaptation of the concept art to actual game, but the character models themselves. The character models are outdated and it's been mentioned by GGG that they are being worked on though it's no small feat. Since every single armour piece and some other items will have to be reworked as well. Redoing the models themselves wouldn't be all that hard, but imagine having to re do every piece of armour from t10 - t1 pieces, and every MTX armour piece ever released to fit the new models.

Reason I believe the character models are the root of the issue:
Imagine you're a Roman armourer that's made a masterpiece of an armour set that makes a 185cm, 90kg muscular warrior look like a god amongst men. Now you have to fit it to a soldier that is 210cm and 65kg, and another that is 160cm 110kg. How do you that masterpiece will look on those soldiers?

That said, The shoulders on dominator completely ruin the body. To me is also seems very inflated compared to the concept art, but I do believe that to be a model problem. So I do think that some of the problem is when the 2d design is made 3d, but I wont speculate as to why certain changes have been made the way they have.

I will say that short deadlines hurt everyone, and GGG does pretty damn well with the deadlines they create for themselves.
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines. Do you like gladiator movies?
Looks amaze, such wow
"
SnakeWon wrote:
I think a lot of what you are upset about is not the adaptation of the concept art to actual game, but the character models themselves. The character models are outdated and it's been mentioned by GGG that they are being worked on though it's no small feat. Since every single armour piece and some other items will have to be reworked as well. Redoing the models themselves wouldn't be all that hard, but imagine having to re do every piece of armour from t10 - t1 pieces, and every MTX armour piece ever released to fit the new models.

Reason I believe the character models are the root of the issue:
Imagine you're a Roman armourer that's made a masterpiece of an armour set that makes a 185cm, 90kg muscular warrior look like a god amongst men. Now you have to fit it to a soldier that is 210cm and 65kg, and another that is 160cm 110kg. How do you that masterpiece will look on those soldiers?

That said, The shoulders on dominator completely ruin the body. To me is also seems very inflated compared to the concept art, but I do believe that to be a model problem. So I do think that some of the problem is when the 2d design is made 3d, but I wont speculate as to why certain changes have been made the way they have.

I will say that short deadlines hurt everyone, and GGG does pretty damn well with the deadlines they create for themselves.

If you take the Grandmaster pack I felt that every set was pretty much perfect - except for the Templar who's character model has a neck most giraffes would kill for. In his case - and perhaps the Duelist - I would agree that it's the model that has a fitting problem, but when 90% of the stuff they put out actually works well on most of the characters, I think the few bad apples are attributed to just a failure to adhere to the concept. They have some great concept artists and they aren't just drawing details they think would be alright to ignore in the 3D implementation. You can see they researched and used reference material to influence their work so when you deviate from that you basically run the risk changing everything. You can go from 'wow that looks amazing' to 'wow those pecs are on the dude's midriff that looks pretty funny - oh shit wait that's not funny I just paid points for that... good thing it was just a mystery box that didn't cost much --aaah fak I now have 3 copies of that thing.'
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Wasn't expecting to look at a real life ripped-out eye when I clicked on this but ok.

Nice Work
Lovely to see some of the precess behind the wonderful art this League.
The concept art is really awesome!!!

You have some very talented artists there, GGG.

But I have to agree that the implementation of the CG models lacks that perfection.
The Dominator armor looks clumsy and... pretty ugly with these shoulders and that fat ass.
There´s nothing elegant to it any more. It just looks like a fat dude in a golden plastic bucket.
so we learned that if you are ever in doubt about art just add some tentacles....

Joke aside awesome job, was some nice art
oh man, those test pack armors are sweet as hell, any chance we could get 1 and 4 as sets at some point in the future?
Such work! GZ GGG!
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info