*-* [3.1] Lightpoacher+EK+Glacial Cascade Mine Inquisitor [T15+/Uber Atziri/Shaper/Elder] *-*

"
HDTanel wrote:
Hey I have a question.. I have a similar build... Zizarians EK build that he showed on his youtube channel. Thing is I do absolutely NO DAMAGE to bosses.. zero... every boss even T1 bosses just rek me in 1-2 blows... character is pretty strong imo though.. have no idea what am I doing wrong or maybe his build was just meant for mapping?
Mapping is suuuper fun and quick.. but cannot do a single boss :(
Also I hear this build will get super nerfed because lightpoacher not in the next league and in standard even getting nerfed.

This build will fix the boss problems.

Lightpoacher nerf will be interesting.
They aren't changing the base crit chance or damage which is fantastic.
They are changing:
1) 100% Pierce to 0% pierce - this is a nerf but if built properly could be a buff with chain or fork gem now usable with the skill.
2) base projectiles range - this is where the nerf could either kill the skill or not. If they go in classic GGG style and overnerf the base distance by say 80% it won't matter that projectile speed nodes affect the skill because it will be nowhere near as good. We will have to wait and see for this one.
Last edited by link1313 on Feb 8, 2018, 11:14:22 AM
Hi,
I've managed to make two nice weapons for spell builds and I was wondering if I could dual wield these instead of a mace and a shield. I'd be using leap slam for movement.

Any tips are appreciated.

E: Also what do you think about two socket lightpoachers and the 40% phys to cold conversion enchant for gc? Is it possible to get the phys to cold conversion outside of hrimburn gloves so that we can get gloves with life for survivability?
Last edited by ZebberZ on Feb 11, 2018, 9:07:37 AM
"
ZebberZ wrote:
Hi,
I've managed to make two nice weapons for spell builds and I was wondering if I could dual wield these instead of a mace and a shield. I'd be using leap slam for movement.

Any tips are appreciated.

E: Also what do you think about two socket lightpoachers and the 40% phys to cold conversion enchant for gc? Is it possible to get the phys to cold conversion outside of hrimburn gloves so that we can get gloves with life for survivability?

Maelstorm song is very nice.

The dagger is nice too although not as much crit; note that Inquisitor ingores resistance on crit so the penetration mod doesn't do anything .

Dual wielding will increase DPS at the cost of survivability of a shield which is a big deal. I would recommend whirling blades instead of leap slam.

Hrimburn is necessary to convert spirit burst to 100% elemental.

For lightpoacher I prefer one socket for two socket Lightpoacher you would take out added fire . The jewel would likely give you life, more damage to glacial cascade/Ethereal Knives. However instead of spirit burst getting 44% of physical damage added as fire it may get the equivalent of 5% depending on how good the jewel is. Since spirit burst is the main trash clear skill I wouldn't not recommend 44% lost for maybe 10% (spirit burst/GC...ek is used not so often). You should sell it. It's like how shroud of the lightness 2 socket is worth less than 1 socket because you effectively lose a 6 link.
Last edited by link1313 on Feb 11, 2018, 1:51:38 PM
"
Maelstorm song is very nice.

The dagger is nice too although not as much crit; note that Inquisitor ingores resistance on crit so the penetration mod doesn't do anything .

Yeah, I realized that a bit late :(. But hey on the rare occasion that I don't crit, it wont feel as bad and the mana regen definitely helps.

"
Dual wielding will increase DPS at the cost of survivability of a shield which is a big deal.

Yeah it sucks, I'm trying to get as much life as I can. I got an opal ring
with mana regen, so hopefully I can skip the unique mana regen ring and get a ring with high life and damage.

"
I would recommend whirling blades instead of leap slam.

Is it because leap slam name locks or is it because its slower? I run lab quite a bit on every char I play so leap slam is very nice for me.

"
Hrimburn is necessary to convert spirit burst to 100% elemental.

Ah thats a shame.

"
For lightpoacher I prefer one socket for two socket Lightpoacher you would take out added fire . The jewel would likely give you life, more damage to glacial cascade/Ethereal Knives. However instead of spirit burst getting 44% of physical damage added as fire it may get the equivalent of 5% depending on how good the jewel is. Since spirit burst is the main trash clear skill I wouldn't not recommend 44% lost for maybe 10% (spirit burst/GC...ek is used not so often). You should sell it. It's like how shroud of the lightness 2 socket is worth less than 1 socket because you effectively lose a 6 link.

Okay, I'll stick to the single socket lightpoacher then.

Also since I'm running leap slam/whirling blades movespeed has no benefit for me, so I should be able to use an atziri's promise over a quicksilver right? It's total dps is double that of taste of hate on pob for ek,gc as well as spirit burst.

And what should i substitute for hatred jewel if I dont have it?

Edit: Also, I was thinking if we can lose the cull strike on movement skill and instead get hatred there. On your weapon you could have herald of ice,curse on hit and enfeeble set up. You would lose a tiny amount of defence but you would get herald of ice. Not sure if it's worth doing it though.
Last edited by ZebberZ on Feb 11, 2018, 10:41:44 PM
Finally was able to hit lvl 90 with this build. Loved dual wielding and didn't have any major problems losing the shield.

I also have the crit hatred watcher's eye.

All in all very solid, I ran enfeeble in blasphemy instead of hoi and curse on hit and it helped out a lot. Didn't lose much damage either.

My Glacial Cascade tooltip is at 75k unbuffed with only hatred active and I'm able to one shot any map boss (except guardians / shaper).
http://prntscr.com/iizlpq
Last edited by ZebberZ on Feb 23, 2018, 9:23:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info