*Updated for 3.2* Volkuur's poison! millions of dps (7.5 mil shaper - 20 mil shaper GG gear)

thief torment must have here?

greets
"
Astoon wrote:
thief torment must have here?

greets
Only if you are playing a MoM build.

Else, double elder ring with 20 life on hit are better.
Have a few questions :

-is dendrobate really better than say, kaom's, or inpulsa's ?

-what are you aiming for the jewels beside T1 flat lightning ? Is the flat phys really making a difference there ? Is not, it should be less hard to craft since one is a prefix and other a suffix, the bow specific one ?

-how is the ele pen trated for the poison damage (confused here since the wed apply...) ?

-Last : how do you feel it will play with assassin, since flasks uptime is a big issue here... not sure assassin can do it ! What do you think ?

TYTY !
Last edited by AAZgurf on Feb 27, 2018, 6:48:54 PM
Not the OP but just gonna give you my opinion :)

- I think the big bonus of dendrobate is the less poison which gives you 40% chance to poison for free, which is pretty nice for assassin I think (more so than pathfinder). The duration is actually way less beneficial than it was before imo since you'll have so much through the ascendancy.
Kaom's is tricky, because then, where do you put barrage? weapon swap?

- perfect jewel imo is double lightning damage + life. Then maybe resists or crit multi if you go full crit. I dont think the phys or chaos is that useful compared to the other stats, it's just too low compared to the lightning.

- good question for the pen. I'm not sure, but if I had to guest, pen makes you more damage, so I dont see why it wouldnt make the poison do more damage.

- If i went for this build, I'd definitely go for assassin personally. Assassin will be better damage, pretty sure about that (if they dont change the duration), but I would say that pathfinder will be better for mapping. He already one shots everything pretty much, so it's just about going faster.
Track your map runs: http://pathofmaps.com (retired)

Retired item indexer: https://github.com/niuage/poexplorer
in my opinion for 3.2

- dendrobate was strong as it have poison dmg and poison duration, which lack in passive tree. The bonus for chance to poison on hit or a little chaos dmg is not nescessary at all (we alway have 100% chance to poison on hit with unique flask and pathfinder itself). And yes, it good for asssasin with chance to poison on hit, but with 3.2 i dont think we need it anymore.

- Jewel - abyss has only 10% chance to spawn on map, so double lightning roll jewel + life/%dot with 2H weapon/attack speed will much expensive than 3.1. So your choice if u want to do this build as staring build of league

- Penetrate have no effect here as it only calc when you hit, we are do hit when inflict poison, but poison have base dmg itself, so even u have 100% penetrate it will not diffirent as u have 0% penetrate when u inflict poison to enemy. But lower enemy resist work, when DoT will count enemy resistance (for poison it is chaos resistance)

Assasin will be tronger than pathfinder for sure (crit chance to proc Elemental overload, more poison dmg inflict with crit, more poison duration).
Hi, im busy with my real life job, so please leave pm if you want to buy or offer for any item in my shop.
Im alway online at 10h30PM in GMT+7, but i will try catch if in your time if you want.
IGN: WhoFearWillFall
What's everyone's thought on getting Volkuur's gloves in 3.2? Does it usually take long before we start seeing them up for sale? Are there any alternative gloves pre-Volkuur?
IGN: Obsii

Twitch.tv/Obsolithion
"
Have a few questions :

-is dendrobate really better than say, kaom's, or inpulsa's ?

-what are you aiming for the jewels beside T1 flat lightning ? Is the flat phys really making a difference there ? Is not, it should be less hard to craft since one is a prefix and other a suffix, the bow specific one ?

-how is the ele pen trated for the poison damage (confused here since the wed apply...) ?

-Last : how do you feel it will play with assassin, since flasks uptime is a big issue here... not sure assassin can do it ! What do you think ?

TYTY !

dendrobate was great because of the poison duration and 100% inc poison dmg. we really needed some poison duration for the damage scaling, but in 3.2 with the op assassin duration it is no longer needed.
it still gives me a nice dps boost in PoB though.

for jewels, life and 8% attack speed if you've crit recently are great rolls besides flat lightning dmg.

ele pen does not work for damage over time.

i think assassin will be a bit different to play. it may have weaknesses compared to a pathfinder setup in terms of quick mapping and also tankiness that have to be built around. the top-dps will be way higher (i've reached 20 mil shaper dps on a PoB tree already), although this is mostly due to the insane poison duration and will take longer than pathfinder to ramp up. it should be fun to play for sure. you should be able to kill anything in the game during your assassin flask uptime (not sure about uber elder but confident about it besides invulnerable phases)

thiefs torment is great and works best with MoM. you can do any content with it. if you got currency you can swap it for 2 GG elder rings with lgoh, life and dmg rolls on it. will boost dmg, life and offer another skilltree without MoM and more life.

volkuurs gloves are difficult to get early in the league. they will be there after around 1 week, but will be expensive (i think around 2-5 ex early on - it may be higher in bestiary) they are needed for this build.
Last edited by Sacr0 on Feb 28, 2018, 2:27:37 AM
Is this a glass cannon build? Looking at the video it has 4400 life and that's it? How are defenses?
"
brunowa wrote:
Is this a glass cannon build? Looking at the video it has 4400 life and that's it? How are defenses?

it is a bit glass cannon. with thiefs torment and MoM you get an ehp pool of ~6k. if you use the mapping version you can get 5k life+1800 mana= 6,8k ehp. this build has "instant leech" comparable to old vaal pact builds thx to thiefs torment+quill rain.
Last edited by Sacr0 on Feb 28, 2018, 5:06:14 PM
How are people feeling about the new trickster for this? Lots of DoT buffs and EVA/ES hybrid opens up a lot off defensive possibilities...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info