*Updated for 3.2* Volkuur's poison! millions of dps (7.5 mil shaper - 20 mil shaper GG gear)

If anyone is looking for a new tree for this build... here's mine. Tick the life flask to see 1000% increased poison duration effect.

https://pastebin.com/Sy6LWSxL

You could probably build this day two or run your league starter as a regular crit attack/sunder build. Switch to poison and grab a quill rain once you've got your merciless lab and can unlock the Noxious Strike node. Then just run added chaos gem and a thief's torment. I played a regular QR poisoner w/o volkuur's in harbinger and in my experience this will get you through yellow maps easily.

Once you have some currency saved up buy a set of The Porcupine div card (1-2c/card in previous leagues) and chance/scour yourself a 6L Quill Rain. Every time I've done it it's been about 100-150 chances (around 50c, probably cheaper at league start since everyone wants to dump their chances/scours for chaos).

You'll note that I don't use any poison related uniques in my build - Coralito's Signature, Dendrobate and the Embalmer just aren't necessary with the crazy poison duration we can get from Noxious Strikes. I go Cloak of Defiance for the additional defences but you can obviously just do a life build with Tabula Rasa until you have currency. It's the only way to get over 7000 EHP on the right side of the tree and pairs nicely with Thief's Torment barrage.

Invest your currency into a Volkuur's Guidance, then get the abyss uniques (2 sockets if possible) and get your abyss jewels, and you can transition into the full build and drop added chaos gem for your added ele gem of choice.

A note on The Tempest - this bow works fine, but it's harder to get a 6L version, and will have lower dps and sustainability endgame thanks to the Noxious Strike node and Thief's Torment being dependent on attack speed. Naturally, The Tempest will be more frontloaded damage but will drop off at insanely long poison durations even if you have a lightning Volkuur's Guidance.
"
SasquatchBrah wrote:

Once you have some currency saved up buy a set of The Porcupine div card (1-2c/card in previous leagues) and chance/scour yourself a 6L Quill Rain. Every time I've done it it's been about 100-150 chances (around 50c, probably cheaper at league start since everyone wants to dump their chances/scours for chaos).

I thought: ohhhh clever. Then, a doubt, and an idea: gonna try in standard with 1500 chances/scour to see.

Result = 0 quill rain.

Either you are delusional, extremely lucky, and or I was extremely unlucky. Or you try to mislead us ? xD

Edit : Seems I was unlucky, tried 1500 more, got 6.
Last edited by AAZgurf on Mar 1, 2018, 5:32:50 PM
"
Sharps03144 wrote:
This is not a league starter build. If you do start with this it'll be slow and painful.

You're 100% correct, I was curious to see if I could make it work and spent quite a bit of time in Path of Building and it's not possible. Without the gloves and jewels you go from 1.5m to under 100k. Possible....I suppose, but I'm pretty sure you'd need to get carried through lab.
IGN: Obsii

Twitch.tv/Obsolithion
Can you post a levelling tree?(am noob) and what order should I take the ascendancy points in?
"
SasquatchBrah wrote:
If anyone is looking for a new tree for this build... here's mine. Tick the life flask to see 1000% increased poison duration effect.

https://pastebin.com/Sy6LWSxL

Thank you! I think this is going to be my league starter later today :)
"
"
SasquatchBrah wrote:

I thought: ohhhh clever. Then, a doubt, and an idea: gonna try in standard with 1500 chances/scour to see.

Result = 0 quill rain.

Either you are delusional, extremely lucky, and or I was extremely unlucky. Or you try to mislead us ? xD

Edit : Seems I was unlucky, tried 1500 more, got 6.

RNG is RNG man. If you want to test your luck my guess is chance/scouring the porcupine is the quickest and cheapest way for a 6L quill rain (on average). If you took 3000 chance/scour that's ~1800c for 6 6L bows, averaging about 300c/ea. Pretty good price, and ofc the alternate currencies will be cheaper to buy at league start. I would wager that you were slightly unlikely overall, but we have no way to know as 6 chanced uniques is not gonna be enough data to get an idea of the variance (you saw yourself going 1500 chance without 1 success).
Last edited by SasquatchBrah on Mar 2, 2018, 1:09:49 PM
can someone please explain where you are getting 1000% increased poison duration from?
If its from the ascendency, then please explain how we get 1000% from 5% per each of our ~9 attacks per second for the last 4 seconds?
heck let it be 40 attacks in the last 4 seconds, then its still only 200% inc duration?
"
trackrrb wrote:
can someone please explain where you are getting 1000% increased poison duration from?
If its from the ascendency, then please explain how we get 1000% from 5% per each of our ~9 attacks per second for the last 4 seconds?
heck let it be 40 attacks in the last 4 seconds, then its still only 200% inc duration?

its 5% per poison applied not per attack. if you poison 100% of the time its basically 5% per hit. skills like barrage or tornado shot hit multiple times per attack.
Hit is what I meant.
But still to archive 1000% increased duration you would need 200 hits in the last 4 seconds.
Im not very sure how many hits barrage ends up doing, but its certainly not 50 per second, or is it?
Hey can anyone help me out with something. So feel free to plug in my 96 pathfinder in standard in PoB. Im not quite sure how he has so much more poison dmg than I do. Even giving myself more AS and using a vinktar it doesnt seem to add up to give more total poison dmg that he is getting. Im only getting max around 1.5mil on shaper dps.

Thanks for any help I recieve :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info