3.5 Magic Find Windrippin Boi (Windripper LA/Barrage Raider)

"
Slenderthot wrote:
I'm loving the build and the guide! One question though, I'm running tight on mana regen, what are you using to supplement that

I dont need to regen mana when I leech enough, if you find you're having mana issues it could be a lot of things, even playstyle, but its really just as simple as hitting the enemy and if you're hitting hard enough then you should have no issues with mana, if you want PM me ingame @IWantToGoFastInLab and we can troubleshoot it together.
egg
Hi @gmandonan (OP)

I'm totally fascinated by your MF Ranger build

I was just wondering if it's worth the time to play with a Ranger

I'm a returning player on Standard - found that my IIQ gems were worth some exalts, geared my highest level character (Level 80 Witch).

After playing for a while - I felt kind of squishy playing my L80 SRS witch... And was thinking of gearing a Ranger for a MF build for fun

I only have about 7exa to play (and to make a build based on your guide)

Would you think it's worth it?

If so - How should I spend my 7exa on gear?

Thanks in advance :)

(My character tab should be public)

Edit: P.s. Just did a quick POE search, and I'm able to get the following gear with about 7exa worth of currency:

Bow 5L Windripper 2.5exa
Quiver Drillneck 1c
Armor 5L Queen of the Forest 50c
Ring (1) Ventor's Gamble 10c
Ring (2) Ventor's Gamble 10c
Amulet Bisco's Collar 1.5 exa
Belt Bisco's Leash 5c
Helm Tri Res Life Eva 50c
Gloves Sadima's Touch 1c
Boots Goldwyrm Nuckboots 1c
Flask Dying Sun 1 exa
Last edited by hawleyyau on Apr 6, 2018, 4:21:21 AM
"
hawleyyau wrote:
Hi @gmandonan (OP)

I'm totally fascinated by your MF Ranger build

I was just wondering if it's worth the time to play with a Ranger

I'm a returning player on Standard - found that my IIQ gems were worth some exalts, geared my highest level character (Level 80 Witch).

After playing for a while - I felt kind of squishy playing my L80 SRS witch... And was thinking of gearing a Ranger for a MF build for fun

I only have about 7exa to play (and to make a build based on your guide)

Would you think it's worth it?

If so - How should I spend my 7exa on gear?

Thanks in advance :)

(My character tab should be public)

You have a lv 66 ranger in standard you can use it on though since it is a relatively low level it will have a lot less life, that can be remedied by just levelling. I would recommend spending around an exalt on each ventors gamble ring to make sure you get high increased quantity and ok resistances (with high life if you can). You have a tempest's binding on your necromancer which you can use as a suppliment for a 6link for your clear skill. a 5link for either your queen of the forest (make sure to get at least a 330% increased evasion roll) or windripper should be fine. I would then buy a dying sun flask. I would then buy a pair of goldwyrms, giving high IIQ and fire resistance and then get the rest of the resistances you need and some life on your gloves, jewels, quiver (preferrably with the shaper "bow attacks fire an additional arrow" mod) and amulet. You should use the perandus blazon you're using on your necromancer to help with the intelligence issues the build experiences to make it easier to gear and give some IIQ. I would use an "omen on the winds" jewel and ice shot as your clear skill because that means you dont have to buy rigwald's quills quiver. I am not sure as to whether this fits entirely within your budget due to the variance in pricing of rare items but this should be close enough. I love the build and would say its worth it if you're willing to work through the inital squishiness brought about by your ranger character being such a low level.
egg
"
gmandonnan wrote:

You have a lv 66 ranger in standard you can use it on though since it is a relatively low level it will have a lot less life, that can be remedied by just levelling. I would recommend spending around an exalt on each ventors gamble ring to make sure you get high increased quantity and ok resistances (with high life if you can). You have a tempest's binding on your necromancer which you can use as a suppliment for a 6link for your clear skill. a 5link for either your queen of the forest (make sure to get at least a 330% increased evasion roll) or windripper should be fine. I would then buy a dying sun flask. I would then buy a pair of goldwyrms, giving high IIQ and fire resistance and then get the rest of the resistances you need and some life on your gloves, jewels, quiver (preferrably with the shaper "bow attacks fire an additional arrow" mod) and amulet. You should use the perandus blazon you're using on your necromancer to help with the intelligence issues the build experiences to make it easier to gear and give some IIQ. I would use an "omen on the winds" jewel and ice shot as your clear skill because that means you dont have to buy rigwald's quills quiver. I am not sure as to whether this fits entirely within your budget due to the variance in pricing of rare items but this should be close enough. I love the build and would say its worth it if you're willing to work through the inital squishiness brought about by your ranger character being such a low level.

Thanks for your super fast reply gmandonnan :D

Looking forward to testing this out later today.

Definitely going to try and level the ranger and get some MF runs going.. hopefully it won't be a problem doing the gaming content up to Maps haha

What do you think about the recent discussions on the limited effects of IIQ? If IIQ doesn't really have an impact (e.g. no impact on drop rate of maps)... is there a point in gearing for IIQ?

Seems like I'm paying a lot just for IIQ when I'm not sure the return on payout is worth it...

On gearing:

1 Exa for Ventor's gamble gives me decent rings with "high" IIQ (i.e. >5%) Res, e.g.

13% increased Rarity of Items found
+60 to maximum Life
7% increased Quantity of Items found
20% increased Rarity of Items found
+9% to Fire Resistance
+21% to Cold Resistance
+28% to Lightning Resistance

For Goldwyrm boots, I can get these for about 30c

60% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
20% increased Quantity of Items found
+40% to Fire Resistance
10% increased Movement Speed

This costs me about 7exa worth of gear:

Ring (1) Ventor's Gamble 7%IIQ, +10%res, +50life 1 exa
Ring (2) Ventor's Gamble 1 exa
Helm Tempest Binding -
Armor 5L Queen of the Forest 330% eva 70c
Belt Perandus Blazon -
Bow 5L Windripper 2.5exa
Flask Dying Sun 1 exa
Boots Goldwyrm 40 fire res, 20 IIQ 30c

Gloves Reseistance life ?
Quiver Resistance life ?
Jewel Omen on the winds 1c
Amulet Bisco's Collar 1.5 exa

"
hawleyyau wrote:

Thanks for your super fast reply gmandonnan :D

Looking forward to testing this out later today.

Definitely going to try and level the ranger and get some MF runs going.. hopefully it won't be a problem doing the gaming content up to Maps haha

What do you think about the recent discussions on the limited effects of IIQ? If IIQ doesn't really have an impact (e.g. no impact on drop rate of maps)... is there a point in gearing for IIQ?

Seems like I'm paying a lot just for IIQ when I'm not sure the return on payout is worth it...

IIQ has been known not to affect map drops for quite some time now but this doesnt really matter since it affects your currency drops to a very high degree, which is where you make the majority of your profit and is really the main point to building high magic find in the first place and maps can be sustained with your atlas shaped properly regardless of MF. Item rarity is much less useful than item quantity because unique and rare items are very rarely worth something whereas currency always has value (plus IIQ means you drop more rares and uniques anyway). Running maps efficiently with high IIQ, although an expensive initial investment, will always be profitable if you play enough.
egg
Last edited by gmandonnan on Apr 6, 2018, 6:24:52 AM
Greetings my fellow MF friends!
I'm interested in advice about The Tempest's Binding Callous Mask.
To be exact:
Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 18 Ice Bite;
Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 18 Innervate.

So here is something i would like to know, if i'm getting rarity triggered from ice herald, perhaps i'll get innervate and freeze triggers from passive of this helm? I know it is hight cost and nothing close to "get all your resistance on helmet" but i have a premade support and he fixes all my resistances so no worries i'am aware of possible issues.

If it works what would be the best gem in 6link instead of ice bite, or should i keep it there anyways?

Since i do have auraman with me i use lightning and ice heralds in my helmet(The vertex) with empower and item rarity.

Build works just fine.
If you're looking for something to play with your support friend, you defenetly should try this.

And even when he dies(my lightning resistance goes skrra -7%) i somehow always manage to survive :D guess i had less than 5 death till lvl 90 wich is nice for me usualy i die way more.
just curious why do we not go deadeye? i read through most of the pages on here and was just curious. it seems we would get more dmg and survivability from it? i might be wrong, but just curious.
"
teaiwen wrote:
just curious why do we not go deadeye? i read through most of the pages on here and was just curious. it seems we would get more dmg and survivability from it? i might be wrong, but just curious.

Deadeye is slower, the very small dps upgrade doesnt really matter since why would I go for the worse feeling ascendancy, the elemental ailment immunity and dodge from raider makes it the more survivable ascendancy by far since the only major survivability bonus deadeyes have is +1000 evasion during tailwind which is outclassed by all the other evasion, speed and dodge benefits provided by raider.
egg
Can someone please take a look at my character, I'm dying A LOT and cant even kill burial chambers boss, am I doing something wrong?
"
gmandonnan wrote:
"
teaiwen wrote:

Deadeye is slower, the very small dps upgrade doesnt really matter since why would I go for the worse feeling ascendancy, the elemental ailment immunity and dodge from raider makes it the more survivable ascendancy by far since the only major survivability bonus deadeyes have is +1000 evasion during tailwind which is outclassed by all the other evasion, speed and dodge benefits provided by raider.

Thank you for the response!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info