Flicker Strike is UNPLAYABLE on Xbox

Currently flicker strike is certifiably unplayable on the XBOX ONE. About every 3rd pack the client dsyncs with the server causing you to ruberband, freeze, temporarily have no mana/frenzy charges and/or just die.

GGG should seriously consider just removing this skill from the XBOX version until a solution can be found as having it present does nothing but hurt the users perception of this game.

This issue is NOT network related as in all of my tests, I had a 40-50 ping, 200MB down, 10MB up and 0% packet loss with a wired connection.

The REAL solution? Implement LOCK-STEP as an optional mode only. I understand it makes movement more clunky with the controller but for skills like flicker strike where it is more auto-pilot, not getting dsynced is WAY more important.

Here is a video of what happens to me every third pack or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdEmvVh64eY

**EDIT**

I should have added that I play on the XBOX ONE X, so hardware is not the issue either.
Last edited by furiousgeorge on Jan 1, 2018, 5:23:49 PM
Last bumped on Jul 17, 2018, 1:39:12 AM
I think this problem is similar to shield charge. Russian support is telling us it's a network issue. Actually, it's NOT.
Maybe Jeff will hear us.
so I am not the only one... I have the same issues with pings of 35-50. and the issues with accuracy are just stupid, I am assuming its for similar reasons, with a 93% chance to hit and you miss 30-40% of the time, att in flicker strike and it gets way worse, I'll miss entire packs until mana/frenzy charges go from 8 to 0 (thats 3x8+3x1 swings) 27 times and all "whiffs", that's not counting ancestral call tripling these swing numbers yet another time.

Im guessing that its more we got budget servers compared to the PC version (I played the PC version in the past), they had issues way back when, but they fixed them quickly. they really need to work on some issues for the xbox. about half of the builds are basically unplayable. RF once you are at the non-degen point, summoners, sunder builds seem ok-ish. anything requiring lots of speed or lots of attack calculations seem really blah, or worse.
Yeah its terrible. Btw, I posted here my thoughts about the situation,

in short, who needs anti cheat, as long the xbox one hasn't been hacked?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2059862
I was about to post my own problems with flicker strike but I thought the desync bug was just my crappy ip/router. My main problem is with the mana leech. At some point after a few packs my mana bar won't regen/leech, even after hitting a mana pot, like it's frozen and won't update unless I spam leap slam (or any skill) which acts like a reset/refresh button.

The only way to work around for the mana bar not refreshing would be to run blood magic.

I ran a terminus est slayer to lvl 92 for harbinger and for abyss I started an Oro's flicker strike champion w/ resolute technique and desync isn't as bad, but dps will be lower w/ blood magic. Same probably goes for terminus est w/o witchfire brew. I still cleared up to T15 maps w/ terminus est but it could be painful sometimes depending on gear and map mods. Hoping for the best w/ Oro's but I'm not expecting anything to get fixed, I'm committed to flicker strike one button fustercluck and that clearspeed O_O.
"
I was about to post my own problems with flicker strike but I thought the desync bug was just my crappy ip/router. My main problem is with the mana leech. At some point after a few packs my mana bar won't regen/leech, even after hitting a mana pot, like it's frozen and won't update unless I spam leap slam (or any skill) which acts like a reset/refresh button.

The only way to work around for the mana bar not refreshing would be to run blood magic.

I ran a terminus est slayer to lvl 92 for harbinger and for abyss I started an Oro's flicker strike champion w/ resolute technique and desync isn't as bad, but dps will be lower w/ blood magic. Same probably goes for terminus est w/o witchfire brew. I still cleared up to T15 maps w/ terminus est but it could be painful sometimes depending on gear and map mods. Hoping for the best w/ Oro's but I'm not expecting anything to get fixed, I'm committed to flicker strike one button fustercluck and that clearspeed O_O.

Blood magic won't make a difference. It may solve your mana issue but the next problem you will have is running out of frenzy charges. The problem is you are dsynced from the servers when this happens, which is why your mana stop refilling. The other issue is you cannot generate new frenzy charges while dsynced. As a result you will flicker until you run out of frenzies on the client side and then you won't be able to flicker again until you sync back up with the server.

Honestly, this net coding is perhaps some of the worst I have ever seen. I played POE way back in PC open beta and flicker dsync was NEVER as bad as it is ok xbox.
I have gotten to the point where leveling is almost impossible because of the constant desyncing. I am not able to do the content I need to grind on for exp, because I cant survive the constant 1-3 seconds of sitting in the middle of a pack desynced

Fix your goddamned servers.

Throw some fucking money at it and fucking fix it.
This is sad... I was building a flicker strike too. Had just started to get me flicker skills set up, when I ran across a massive leap slam rubberband. Jumping 3+ screens each time, then teleporting back. Could flicker effect that also?

Video here: http://xboxclips.com/Corrison/f582d917-c457-45b2-8d7c-d4d6a89d27c0
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
I've been using frenzy to deal w/ the desync, mana desync, movement desync and the desync desync so that kinda solves that aspect of the desync, although...maybe the abyss league stuff added a layer of desync plus my isp's desync ontop of the xbone's desync so there could be desync desync desync desync desync instead of just desync desync or desync desync desync or just plain ole desync (which is now desync desync).

That the servers in DC can't instantly deliver a perfect gaming experience like magic to my tv while I'm sitting on my couch playing this ftp game is despicable!! Do stuff!!
"
I've been using frenzy to deal w/ the desync,

My frenzy charges are constantly showing 0 with a buff icon and a timer. Flicker is still usable w/o a cooldown also. Assuming this is a display desync... So we are up to what, 12 different types of desync we can experience?
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info