[3.3] ELEMENTAL MOLTEN STRIKE&FROST BLADES | UBER ELDER DOWN!! | DEADEYE/PF/RAIDER

nice elder kill what gems are you swapping in and out ?
Levelling this build up atm, can't wait to try it as I love the idea of stacking the abyss jewels with the new uniques.

Quick question, why do you use poachers mark over assassins mark? Considering we would use those power charges for general mapping (and we could get frenzies from blood rage), and pathfinder should get enough flask charges from ascendancy?
Last edited by bitbite11 on Jan 3, 2018, 2:15:26 AM
"
Rippinwind wrote:
nice elder kill what gems are you swapping in and out ?

AOE/mapping: Molten Strike - Added Lightning - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Ancestral Call - Increased Area of Effect

Single Target Molten Strike - Added Lightning - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Multistrike - Concentrated Effects

Eventually this build will reach a point where you don't need to swap in the single target gems except for really tricky bosses (Lava Lake Kitava, Guardians, Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri Bosses for me) since the damage is so good.

"
bitbite11 wrote:
Levelling this build up atm, can't wait to try it as I love the idea of stacking the abyss jewels with the new uniques.

Quick question, why do you use poachers mark over assassins mark? Considering we would use those power charges for general mapping (and we could get frenzies from blood rage), and pathfinder should get enough flask charges from ascendancy?

Personal preference :) That setup will also work but I find blood rage really awkward to use against bosses and also kind of dangerous especially since I don't run life flasks except for certain bosses. In my current setup, power charges are proc through Orb of Storms.

Last edited by Eathb on Jan 3, 2018, 4:09:47 AM
What do you think about using abyss jewels in the tree aswell? I noticed you have the OG ones in there, just wondering what you think is better.

Do you think any watchers eye could be good aswell?

Also its really nice that you include your poe.trade searches for items, most guides don't include that and I think its a really good addition :)

Thanks
Last edited by bitbite11 on Jan 3, 2018, 8:35:12 AM
Have you noticed that if you put the Power Charge on Critical gem in the lightpoachers you get a steady supply of Power charges? I'm currently running Physical to lightning - Power Charge on Crit - Increased critical strikes in the helm and they always seem to be up when mapping, so no orb of storms needed.
"
bitbite11 wrote:
What do you think about using abyss jewels in the tree aswell? I noticed you have the OG ones in there, just wondering what you think is better.

Do you think any watchers eye could be good aswell?

Also its really nice that you include your poe.trade searches for items, most guides don't include that and I think its a really good addition :)

Thanks

The ones in my passive tree are coincidential, these serve a purpose in purely upping my attack speed%, life and res. I think in a theoretical sense, having all Abyss jewels would outvalue all normal jewels. But an advantage of the non-abyss jewels is that you can stack more attack speed.

The Watcher's eye (Wrath light penetration vers) actually looks really amazing. I am debating myself whether to add one because we're looking at around >8% dps increase here but another thing to consider is if we really need that extra damage because we are already easily doing Shaper damage past the 1M dps mark.

"
Have you noticed that if you put the Power Charge on Critical gem in the lightpoachers you get a steady supply of Power charges? I'm currently running Physical to lightning - Power Charge on Crit - Increased critical strikes in the helm and they always seem to be up when mapping, so no orb of storms needed.

Nope, this has never crossed my mind. This is a good suggestion that I'll give a try tomorrow while chasing the Elder. I am a bit weary that this link would be only for pure mapping purposes though since the Orb of Storms-PoC plays a significant role in boss killing.
"

"
Eathb wrote:

Nope, this has never crossed my mind. This is a good suggestion that I'll give a try tomorrow while chasing the Elder. I am a bit weary that this link would be only for pure mapping purposes though since the Orb of Storms-PoC plays a significant role in boss killing.

Yeah its nice because you can just slap the orb in for the phys to lightning if you need for a boss fight.
Hey guys, here are some updates after a bunch of testing.

I really do like and endorse the Increased Crit Strikes link into the Helm (credit to Rowmacks), it indeed does give you a power charge almost every time while mapping as the Spirit Bursts/Charges in the Lightpoacher acts as a pseudo linked slot. I think dropping Culling Strike in this case is fine since the extra damage is very marginal regardless.

With a 1 socket Lightpoacher, we'd run: Orb of Storms-Increased Critical Strikes-Power Charge on Critical (needs to be socketed in helm!)

With a 2 socket Lightpoacher, we'd run: Power Charge on Critical-Increased Critical Strikes (swap in Orb of Storms for Increased Critical Strikes for tricky bosses).

These links need to be in the Lightpoacher.

I will update the front page to reflect the changes.

I have a new BIS chest:

The increased AOE from the Carcass is very noticeable. The combination of Ancestral Call and Multistrike forcing you to repeat your attacks is kind of insane. Getting the colours is difficult, you're looking at possibly more than 2k chromes. A 3R-3B setup would also work but you sacrifice a bit of clear speed and arguably damage. Now this is very optional and as well as luxury. It makes me sad to bump The Shroud down a bit since I was going for an Abyss theme but The Shroud does have its advantages especially when it comes to mobility and survivability but at this point, I'd say a 6L Carcass is a marginally better choice.

That said I plan to do some testing with the Shroud where we have Ancestral Call and Multistrike together.

For anyone using a 6L chest, the setup will be a 4R-2B:
Molten Strike - Elemental Damage with Attacks - Ancestral Call - Multistrike - Added Lightning Damage - Concentrated Effects/Increased Area of Effect.

And I have now uploaded a deathless Shaper run, this one features the use of the 6L Carcass Jack.
https://streamable.com/u3ke6
Last edited by Eathb on Jan 4, 2018, 2:17:55 AM
I am enjoying the power of this build.

I managed to kill Hydra guardian at level 83! I had 3 deaths but I think if I levelled up more I'll be able to do end game.

The Lightpoacher combo with Increased Critical Strikes is very nice.
Okay I think more testing will be needed but there's a new possibility for gem links with The Shroud. I did a couple of Guardian runs and the damage was more or less the same (maybe slightly less) but the clear speed is better.

With the Shroud, I think we drop Added Lightning Damage and roll with 4R-1B:
Molten Strike - Ancestral Call - Multistrike - Elemental Damage /w Attacks - Increased Area of Effect/Concentrated Effects

Jewelers trick will probably be required to get the colours correct:
- 3 socket the Shroud
- Vorici 3 Red it
- Interchange between 4 and 3 socket until you get 4Reds.
- Interchange between 5 or 4 socket until you get 4R-1B.
Last edited by Eathb on Jan 4, 2018, 9:05:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info